British man is Thailand’s 48th confirmed virus victim

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, humbug said:

please, can we reduce the pro-Beijing trolls or anti-free society trolls, I mean even CCP doctors said it was originated in Wuhan, WHO(public relations for China) are now letting info out on the Wuhan virus being a cocktail of sars and aids, if you want a country to replicate of what NOT to do, then look at the gangster regime of Iran, lies about numbers, covered up news, arrested people on social media, and bingo it explodes, also starting to increase again in Singapore, and that country is top of trying to contain this Wuhan virus, you just kid yourself it’s the flu, the bond market is screaming something different, it’s a worldwide crisis, and thanks to CCP China cover up in December, 10’s of millions of life forms will suffer an horrendous 2020

Idiocy at its finest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The only country where it has had a catastrophic effect is China. How is saying that, as I did, pro-Beijing? The number of people elsewhere that have contracted the virus has numbered in the 10s at most in the vast majority of places, with deaths almost zero.

Here are the figures outside of China:

With the virus outside of China: 21,611.

Deaths outside of China: 427 (many/most of whom were vulnerable/had underlying conditions).

Population of the world outside of China: 6.3 billion.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

In my opinion, 427 deaths out of 6.3 billion isn't too bad and most certainly not a cause for panic. Of course the numbers will rise, but for them to rise to a level that threatens society and commerce needs an unrealistic increase, maybe 500,000 or a million times increase, and that isn't going to happen. Twenty million died in WW1, 75 million in WW2, by the way. The world survived.

The financial markets had the biggest drop in over 10 years and, miraculously, had a record rise two days later. Nothing new there. Just market manipulation which causes prices to fall and then the profit makers move in and up go the prices again.

Bond markets are screaming world recession and that means for tourist/export oriented Thailand depression, you can pump equity markets up all you like, but when people see quarantine’s, business closures, and 1000’s if cases, people will panic even more than you saw last 2 weeks, and this fake idea that other disasters would in the world have killed more people, doesn’t stop the fact this Wuhan virus is a world disaster for 2020, and if you want to believe the numbers out of CCP China and Iran, I know a nice fairy you can contact

On 3/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, 4MyEgo said:

Will be hundreds if not thousands by next month.

Went to Makro shopping today, been a while as we would just go to the local Tesco for our basic stuff, but decided now with the school holidays to stock up.

Was frightening to see so many people wearing masks, temperature tests as you walked in, 36.4 so was good to go, I would say at least 70% had on masks, including all the staff, one customer was half wearing his black mask as if it were an accessory hanging off of his ear, then he coughs a few times. I had two of our kids with us, and stayed away from people and as soon as the wife was done shopping, I sent her and the kids to the car to wait while I lined up and paid for the bill, all this time watching and listening to the check out girl coughing, Jesus did that make me feel uncomfortable, not the Thai's though.

Anyways, the trip down south is off, we are staying put as I expect this to get worse, before it gets better because of certain factors out of all of our control, and yes I have become paranoid of late.

What you describe here about coughing/sneezing is no different where I'm presently in Europe. Except nobody wears face mask, nowhere are hand sanitizers. Nobody checks body temp. Cost of tests in some countries is your bill. No free screening stations.

Tks to Schengen FoM ppl move about freely from country to country i.e. Italians move freely into Austria and bingo we have another case or two.

Laboratory results of the other 4,186 PUI showed 2,411 negative results to the virus causing COVID-19 and results are pending for 1,775 PUI.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no63-060363.pdf

Wonder how many of the PUI pending test results will turn out positive. It seems they are still testing very very slow in Thailand.

1 hour ago, khunpa said:

Laboratory results of the other 4,186 PUI showed 2,411 negative results to the virus causing COVID-19 and results are pending for 1,775 PUI.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/situation/situation-no63-060363.pdf

Wonder how many of the PUI pending test results will turn out positive. It seems they are still testing very very slow in Thailand.

I took a closer look at that growing backlog in a post in a different thread: