Import motorbike

Boedog

It will get stuck at customs,  then if by some miracle gets past them  it will get stuck at the Land transportation Department.

There was a report on here somewhere  of a US military person being able to import his vehicle  it took a long time,lots of bureaucratic steps and he was a special case "normal" people don't stand a chance... either sell the bike and buy another fully road legal one here or keep it in storage  for if/when you return.

• Like 1

If by some miracle you actually managed to import it, to get it on the road legally it will need to pass an emission test which from memory is about 100k (per time).......whats the chances it passes 1 time !!

• Like 1

It's a complete and utter nightmare - I wanted to import my bike from the UK but the paperwork, time and outrageous fees meant that it wasn't worth it. Better to sell your bike and buy a similar one in Thailand.

• Like 1

I thought about bringing my hand built sports car with me. Could have got in here for £1,000.00 as I had a mate in shipping. 

Then sat and thought. What about spares? Then, more importantly, import tax implications. When I checked, customs here could put their own assessment on it which could have ended up as much as 10 times its value!! End of the thought.????????????????????????????????

Edited by DPKANKAN