Police announce measures against COVID-19 spread from arrivals

rooster59

Just now, drbeach said:

Of course they won't be. Anyway, they're Thai, why don't they just work in Thailand from now on? Currently, nearly every laborer position is taken by Burmese or Cambodians. Might make the 'ghosts' feel a little awkward, that in their own country, 90% of laborers are foreigners. But if they hadn't skipped their country for South Korea,Thailand wouldn't be forced to import it's foreign labor from abroad.

The jobs Thais do in S. Korea make them 5 times the money they do here.  A friends daughter and husband went to work for a strawberry farm making over 100,000 baht a month between them. Sent 30,000 baht home every month to take care of the husbands mother and their family here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A friends daughter and husband went to work for a strawberry farm making over 100,000 baht a month between them.

i need more information.  right now i don't believe it AT ALL.  not at all.

OH, by my friends at the elephant park make 300,000 a month.  So there!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Are you being serious? Because if you are, that's one dumb motherf*****

I'm serious, this guy lives in a tiny world with a tiny capacity, rejects all opportunities to learn.

A different example, his female work colleague applied for a visa to accompany her western husband to Australia for 10 days.

Visa refused. Ladyboy went to the RTP and demanded they close the Aust. embassy (then on Sth Sathorn Rd.). His claim was that Thai people are automatically allowed to enter any country because they have good karma and because Thai people are special people in the world.

My Thai son asked him 'should Thailand have rules about who can and cannot enter Thailand'? At the same time my son made the point that if Thais could enter any country without a visa then all people should be allowed to enter Thailand.

Ladboys' response 'not the same' and he asked for my Thai permanent resident book because he wanted to take it to the police to tell them there was a farang in his family who had false documents. He claimed that there is no such thing as PR.

Needless to say both my son and his wife have several times banned him from coming to our house and banned him from being alone with their 3 kids because he fills their heads with utter cxxp.

And also banned him from going to the school son's 3 kids attend to tell them they don't know how to teach children and to tell them the girls uniforms are not beautiful. On this point son got his lawyer buddy to talk to ladyboy to frighten him to mind his own business. His response to my son 'I am older than you, you should have more respect and accept whatever I say'.

Edited by scorecard

17 hours ago, Ventenio said:

i need more information.  right now i don't believe it AT ALL.  not at all.

OH, by my friends at the elephant park make 300,000 a month.  So there!!

You can believe what you want.  Not up to me to dissuade you, your a smart cookie, and just why would they go to another country for work, and make the same as they could here.  lets see 50,000 baht vs. 9,000 to 12,000 baht here.......hmmmmm 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

I'm serious, this guy lives in a tiny world with a tiny capacity, rejects all opportunities to learn.

A different example, his female work colleague applied for a visa to accompany her western husband to Australia for 10 days.

Visa refused. Ladyboy went to the RTP and demanded they close the Aust. embassy (then on Sth Sathorn Rd.). His claim was that Thai people are automatically allowed to enter any country because they have good karma and because Thai people are special people in the world.

My Thai son asked him 'should Thailand have rules about who can and cannot enter Thailand'? At the same time my son made the point that if Thais could enter any country without a visa then all people should be allowed to enter Thailand.

Ladboys' response 'not the same' and he asked for my Thai permanent resident book because he wanted to take it to the police to tell them there was a farang in his family who had false documents. He claimed that there is no such thing as PR.

Needless to say both my son and his wife have several times banned him from coming to our house and banned him from being alone with their 3 kids because he fills their heads with utter cxxp.

And also banned him from going to the school son's 3 kids attend to tell them they don't know how to teach children and to tell them the girls uniforms are not beautiful. On this point son got his lawyer buddy to talk to ladyboy to frighten him to mind his own business. His response to my son 'I am older than you, you should have more respect and accept whatever I say'.

Sounds about as ridiculous as these two Burmese drivers I knew (one since deceased due to health problems).

One of them received an email from a "Nigerian prince" about some money being offered. I was showed this email and laughed. They told me they actually went to the US embassy in Yangon to talk about this matter. Needless to say, they were rejected at the door and warned in no uncertain terms that if they come again, they'll be arrested.

I'm sure this ladyboy would be sitting in a jail cell now if he/she decided to do the same with the Aus embassy.

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The jobs Thais do in S. Korea make them 5 times the money they do here.  A friends daughter and husband went to work for a strawberry farm making over 100,000 baht a month between them. Sent 30,000 baht home every month to take care of the husbands mother and their family here.

Living costs in South Korea are much higher though.

6 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Living costs in South Korea are much higher though.

yes, you are correct.  However, if they were living Thai Style, then you can see how they save enough to come back here and live for awhile without working before returning over there.  My ex-wifes, first boyfriend, father of her daughter, worked over in S. Korea for 2 years straight, came home with enough to buy some land near his parents, and build a house.  Had he stayed here, he would still be living at home probably.

Edited by ThailandRyan

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

yes, you are correct.  However, if they were living Thai Style, then you can see how they save enough to come back here and live for awhile without working before returning over there.  My ex-wifes, first boyfriend, father of her daughter, worked over in S. Korea for 2 years straight, came home with enough to but some land near his parents, and build a house.  Had he stayed here, he would still be living at home probably.

Many Thai people are surprised to know that as many farmers from their own country are expatriating to Taiwan or Korea or the countries of the Middle East; in Israel and for the lucky ones in Japan; I even know some who regularly go to Russia to work officially, of course.
I have the opportunity to chat with a few truck drivers who have worked in the Middle East;

first of all they have a very correct english and curiously they drive intelligently, (like with us, in fact :whistling:)
One of my two brothers in law worked twice 3 years in Taiwan, my stepson did the same thing;
3 years there, back to the country for a month of vacation and back to Taiwan for three new years.
At the end of six years, enough money to buy a new vehicle without making a loan and not bad enough to buy land;
here, in my region, a rai of arable land in the countryside, so no electricity nearby, it's around 100,000 baht;
as soon as you approach a city, the prices explode.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

A friends daughter and husband went to work for a strawberry farm making over 100,000 baht a month between them

You got this detail from the "friend"? Or the daughter and husband?

How much "over" 100,000 baht?

How long does strawberry season last in Korea?

How do they repatriate funds to Thailand?

Are they paying any income tax in Korea or Thailand?

How long have they been in Korea?

Are they there "legally"?

• Sad 2

On 3/8/2020 at 12:54 PM, xylophone said:

So very true Mw.........the level of knowledge here about anything outside of a local province/Thailand is appalling.

Made me laugh though!!

To be very frank, there is another highly developed country where-in its beings knowledge in geography, Even relating to their own country is appalling!

Well... that's life, have a laugh and carry on!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Does it matter

Not sure why you are so defensive?

I'm trying to understand the motivation and economics.

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are there legally, hired by the agriculture department. 

Agriculture department? Is this a Korean department, or a Thai one?

As they are there legally I'm not sure how their situation relates to the matter of illegals?

52 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Many Thai people are surprised to know that as many farmers from their own country are expatriating to Taiwan or Korea or the countries of the Middle East; in Israel and for the lucky ones in Japan; I even know some who regularly go to Russia to work officially, of course.
I have the opportunity to chat with a few truck drivers who have worked in the Middle East;

Groups of Thai workers go to New Zealand in the summer and autumn seasons to carry out fruit picking, and the farmers/orchardists are most pleased that they do.

Some type of accommodation is provided, although it's not five-star, at least it is somewhere to rest up and stay warm and clean and allow money to be saved.

It's probably not the most lucrative job in the country, but the Thais are regular visitors, so it must pay dividends.

42 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure why you are so defensive?

I'm trying to understand the motivation and economics.

Agriculture department? Is this a Korean department, or a Thai one?

As they are there legally I'm not sure how their situation relates to the matter of illegals?

S. Korean Agricultural department, they do hire foreigners mtis2005, not defensive at all.  Even normal returnees are being screened and quarantined.  The OP is Police announce measures against COVID-19 spread from arrivals.

So I am not sure where you came up with illegals.....

I don't understand this. Why would overstayers be the most at risk group for carrying COVID? More likely incoming tourists are the higher risk.

includes the division of individuals by risk with the first group to be those who overstayed their visas, who will be questioned and checked for symptoms before being released to return home and monitored for 14 days.