High Flight prices

UbonThani

8 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You can get traders to panic with a tweet from Elon or Don.... I cant look at panic market swings compounded by Russian stupidity with anything more than an OK, is Man U getting Grealish and hell, I need Olive Oil Margarine.

I'm disappointed. To be true to your iconoclastic principles, you should be using canola margarine - 99% GMO.

Damn, off topic again.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Actually in my experience years ago they sure did - the more views of a specific flight the higher the price would go.  Often had one price and go back an hour later it would be higher.  Expect computer software is more advanced now so probably reading our minds at this point.  ????

Complete nonsense. You missed out on sales.

2 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

hogwash

Enough with conspiracy theories. I've booked flights many many times. Friends with travel agents. Prices do not change upon browsing. There are 4 or 5 ticket classes and they are released at intervals. If you miss out too bad. Wait for next release. I've looked at a price 10 times in a day, same price as it didn't sell out.

16 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Enough with conspiracy theories. I've booked flights many many times. Friends with travel agents. Prices do not change upon browsing. There are 4 or 5 ticket classes and they are released at intervals. If you miss out too bad. Wait for next release. I've looked at a price 10 times in a day, same price as it didn't sell out.

It depends on system you are using - most airlines will increase when making sales (legal) but some 3rd party sellers have been suspected of using cookies to track interest and increase in minutes if you ,ade repeat views.  In any event you the buyer can find an increase in price within minutes when using computer to check.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

It depends on system you are using - most airlines will increase when making sales (legal) but some 3rd party sellers have been suspected of using cookies to track interest and increase in minutes if you ,ade repeat views.  In any event you the buyer can find an increase in price within minutes when using computer to check.

3rd parties doing tricks is illegal and they can be fined. No point using them for flights as direct with airlines is cheapest or via agent.

Airline websites don't alter prices based on browsing.

Not sure why people are using dodgy 3rd parties.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:25 PM, mfd101 said:

I've received a couple of ads from Air Asia for domestic flights within Thailand - all with biggish discounts.

But I'm not planning to fly anywhere till June ... maybe no flights at all by then.

I don't plan to travel away from my home in Thailand to stay over anywhere else in Thailand again due to the complication of having to constantly report my whereabouts to immigration.