Motorcycle Permit from USA

I go to AAA for my international Driving Permit. You might want to contact them for clarification. They do look at your current license to verify what you're eligible to drive. An MC permit from the US does have restrictions so they may or may not.... If you can get the actual endorsement on your license you'd probably be better off.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

What restrictions would a MC permit have aside from glasses or the like?  I'm not aware of any cc/horsepower restrictions (aside from 50cc scooters) , but some states may have that.

My lifetime Thai motorcycle license has just my name in Thai, an address, my pic and my signature on it.  Dated 12/06/21.  1978. 

I am from Washington State and my WA enhanced drivers license motorcycle endorsement was accepted by LTO in Bangkok for issuance of my Thai Motorcycle license, as well as a regular Thai car license 

Did not need an International Drivers Permit, just a residency letter from Immigration or my Embassy  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Langsuan Man said:

I am from Washington State and my WA enhanced drivers license motorcycle endorsement was accepted by LTO in Bangkok for issuance of my Thai Motorcycle license, as well as a regular Thai car license 

Did not need an International Drivers Permit, just a residency letter from Immigration or my Embassy  

Without any test whatsoever?

When was this?

OP

Are you currently in Thailand.

Do you want riding privileges short time

[IDL]

or long time?

[Thai license]

Long time is EZ-ish.

Maybe need:

Dr. health cert  B100 everywhere

At Land transport office: Eye test/colorblind/reaction.

Maybe you need appointment at Bangkok.

Consider using a local agent.

Money well spent.

Edited by papa al
  • Like 2

Statues Update:

Just got my 6 month Multiple Entry Visa for Thailand, I am currently in USA will be heading to Thailand on March 23, I Just got my Motorcycle Endorsement from WA State, based from comments above i just need my License with the endorsement and residency letter from immigration to get my thai license. Thank you for all the Replies I appreciate it greatly!!!

• Like 1