Thai stock market falling off a cliff

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

the Chinese will do anything to get rid of President Trump. including killing as many of their own people as possible or collapse their economy. they don't care at all. and with the world wide communist/Marxists controlled fake news media pouring gasoline on the fire they will make it happen. China has be collecting enough raw materials for the last 20 years to ride out this little speed bump.

look for the next mutation to be released from the "fish market" any day now. 

i know what i would do if i was president. now "put your hand on the scanning screen! hallelujah the missiles are flying!"

The Wet Dream of Truthful Trump and his MAGA numpties

Markets are plummeting all over the world , the value of my annuity in the US is down 11%.  So far is related to CoronaVirus concerns, but if the situation continues,it will affect actual production and supply cycles and I am afraid it might become structural, and create a 2007-2008  economic crisis affect. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Stock market just opened in the US, Dropped over 7% in a few minutes,and  trading has being suspended.  

I bet all the guys boasting about their amazing portfolios are currently <deleted>ting themselves 

Has 2008 written all over it when stocks fell so fast even stop losses were not triggered 

Edited by madmen

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

I bet all the guys boasting about their amazing portfolios are currently <deleted>ting themselves 

I know I am. I hope i don't need to touch it any time soon

Edited by sirineou

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I know I am. I hope i don't need to touch it any time soon

You might not get the opportunity without a massive hit. I would have finger hovering over sell the second that trading resumes 

7 hours ago, tonray said:

US futures are down 4.9%....which dictator are you referring to ?

Take a look at 10 year bonds return at the moment. There is more sell off pain coming.

But on the bright side that means there will be plenty of buying opportunities. Tread carefully and dollar cost average back in is the mantra I will be following.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, madmen said:

You might not get the opportunity without a massive hit. I would have finger hovering over sell the second that trading resumes 

No gains,or losses until you sell, 

If you have the nerve to leave it along, and do not need it . It could just as easily reverse itself with an announcement of  a good Virus development .

Let's hope the situation does not last so long that it becomes structural. Then it becomes a different game, and we are in for a long ride. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, uli65 said:

the buy the dip junkies are very quiet at the moment

This isn't a dip and it would be foolish to go all in to catch a falling knife.

Although show me a time in history when the market hasn't recovered to a point when that superseded the price before a correction. So even if these 'dip junkies' you speak of did by now, it would only be a matter of time before they were returning nice profit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, madmen said:

Has 2008 written all over it when stocks fell so fast even stop losses were not triggered 

And unless they bought on margin, why is this really a problem? Dividends might be shot for a while but if they have amazing portfolios I am sure they also have cash reserves to tide them over until the market decided it is oversold and start to creep / jump back up?

Do you recall the turn of the century crash and the GFC?

I really don't understand your point.

Edited by Farangwithaplan

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

If you have the nerve to leave it along, and do not need it . It could just as easily reverse itself with an announcement of  a good Virus development .

Let's hope the situation does not last so long that it becomes structural. Then it becomes a different game, and we are in for a long ride. 

Oil has dropped 20 % economies going into recession and a pandemic in the mix accelerating it. 

It's time to be wary of the pump and dump orchestrated by the wall st Boys allowing the big money out.. Pays to watch the trend and join them IMO 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

And unless they bought on margin, why is this really a problem? Dividends might be shot for a while but if they have amazing portfolios I am sure they also have cash reserves to tide them over until the market decided it is oversold and start to creep / jump back up?

Do you recall the turn of the century crash and the GFC?

I really don't understand your point.

You don't do sarcasm do you? It's well known every trader on TV is a gun all done poolside or covered in oil with a 6 hand massage lol

8 hours ago, Ventenio said:

last week I started selling OIL....last friday I sold all markets to be 100% short for the next move...

i'm big money, so i can never tell you sheepies until AFTER the fact.

sorry.

after I'm super rich, I'll give you a nice story and then you will feel smarter but not richer.  

thanks for playing

You'd make a very good fictional writer. When can we expect your next novel to be out? Not that'll I'll buy it. Just curious.

Edited by HuskerDo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

Exactly.

This market was long falsely pumped with low volume for years and as soon as any serious selling takes place it will be open to huge drops.  The virus may have triggered it but the false pumping is making it much worse.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, madmen said:

Yes, you are rite.

5 year Annualized S&P 500 Return (Dividends Reinvested) 10%

10 year Annualized S&P 500 Return (Dividends Reinvested) 12%

12 year (March 2008 - March 2020) Annualized S&P 500 Return (Dividends Reinvested) 9.5%

15 year Annualized S&P 500 Return (Dividends Reinvested) 9%

18 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i know what i would do if i was president. now "put your hand on the scanning screen! hallelujah the missiles are flying!"

Would you kill them all with nuclear bombs if you were president ?

Up to now it was quite fun to read your posts .

No need to kill them all , mother Nature will take care of regulating the human population on this planet , just like a body that fights against a disease .

6 hours ago, tlandtday said:

This market was long falsely pumped with low volume for years and as soon as any serious selling takes place it will be open to huge drops.  The virus may have triggered it but the false pumping is making it much worse.

True, classic text book pump n dump yesterday, open minus 7% pumped to minus 5% sucked in all the bulls and dumped at close nearly minus 8%..keep some powder dry fellas going to be good opportunity but not now! Wait 6 months to a year or go short now 

Edited by madmen

5 minutes ago, 30la said:

I don't like to say it, but that's what many of us have been saying for months, the crisis of 1997 was nothing compared to what's coming ...

So emotional and so lacking in fact, really!

The crash of 1997 and today's situation are not even nearly similar in any way, there's no offshore lending in USD, foreign currency reserves are sky high, BOT has one years worth of GDP in the bank, if the country earned nothing for the next twelve months things still wouldn't be as bad as '97.

2 minutes ago, madmen said:

True, classic text book pump n dump yesterday, open minus 7% pumped to minus 5% sucked in all the bulls and dumped at close nearly minus 8%..keep some powder dry fellas going to be good opportunity but not now! Wait 6 months to a year 

Hope is always the last thing to die ...

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

Wait when the DOW opens, Oil down 25/29%. Talks broke down with Russia/OPEC. Covid-19 increasing. Australia ASX down . 

Thai SET and Aust ASX both down 7.5%+

Rest of Asia down down.

And the baht just keeps getting stronger...

What I don't understand about all these stock market experts giving   "advice" is that  if their advice is so great, why is it these experts don't have a pot to pi$$ in?  Seriously, with all their great wealth, why would they waste time promoting the merits of their financial acumen? One does not have much an opportunity to   profit if one does not have inside   information or possess a state of the art  trading system that can pump and dump.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2020 at 6:14 AM, 3421abc said:

Another fire for the dictator to put out

Why?
It's the whole World panicking down due to COVID-19, nothing to do with the Thai government, or that can be fixed by any local government alone. When the panic is over, the stock markets will raise again, however it might be in a slower speed than the fall.