60 minutes Australia went undercover to an illegal Bangkok wet market

Tayaout

16 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

You can't even get a decent sausage in Australia, and their bacon is fat and water. 

Queen Victoria or South Melbourne market. Boerewors, bratwurst, Cumberland, chorizo, etc. If you shop in the big supermarket chains, you get what you pay for.

14 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Better to listen to scientific factual. 

I not think “Mother Nature” really can do, think, plan like that.

Maybe Father Christmas 

Nature animal kill each other for eat. It is Mother Nature.

Really stupid report. 

I consider this planet a living being , everything on it is connected , every action provokes a reaction .

That reaction is the virus .

We are living on this planet , but we are not respecting it's biosphere and ecosystem .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

I consider this planet a living being , everything on it is connected , every action provokes a reaction .

That reaction is the virus .

We are living on this planet , but we are not respecting it's biosphere and ecosystem .

There is epidemic all the time in nature culling large herd of animals but it doesn't make the news or they say it's climate change. It's nothing special and tend to happen when a population of a certain species get too large. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

I think you will find it was "His" majesty, King George III, when convicts were transported. The term pom is a term that comes from 20th century migration and is a shortening of the word pomegranate, as in red as a pomegranate after getting sunburnt or "pomegranate" was Australian rhyming slang for "immigrant" 

And  another slang for new arrivals to OZ from Europe..WOP, without papers, could apply nowadays too.

41 minutes ago, anglesea said:

In Australia 60 Minutes is called "60 Lying <deleted> Minutes". You can assume that everything is broadcasts is a lie, exaggeration or a distortion. It's even worse than the Murdoch Press and that's a very low bar

Sky news is good. They call out the bs.

7,9, 10 are bs artists. Doomsday stuff all the time.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

There is epidemic all the time in nature culling large herd of animals but it doesn't make the news or they say it's climate change. It's nothing special and tend to happen when a population of a certain species get too large. 

You mean like the Lemmings who are famous for jumping over a cliff to their dead when their population becomes to big ?

This Virus looks to me like a reaction of a living being to a parasite ( dog and ticks ...) , but it is a very clean way to get rid of the only species on this planet that is capable of unbalancing the whole ecosystem , humans .

14 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

You mean like the Lemmings who are famous for jumping over a cliff to their dead when their population becomes to big ?

This Virus looks to me like a reaction of a living being to a parasite ( dog and ticks ...) , but it is a very clean way to get rid of the only species on this planet that is capable of unbalancing the whole ecosystem , humans .

More like Cariboo. Their population decline by 50% in cycle since forever in part due to various diseases including viruses. I spent a lot of time in the Canadian wilderness and almost all animals have some kind of disease or parasite. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/deadly-disease-caribou-north-1.4467510

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/04/norway-plans-exterminate-large-reindeer-herd-stop-fatal-infectious-brain-disease

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0219838

I agree a large culling of the human population wouldn't be a bad thing. It would be a tragedy at the individual level but a positive thing in the long term. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yinn said:
56 minutes ago, tifino said:

maybe a video on the mooted Culling of the Kookaburras 

Maybe I do Aborigine first one.

Aborigine already have Heritage backed allowances, to kill any Local wildlife as they see fit, if it is for food... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

This is gutter sensationalist journalism at its best, 60 minutes has this clip up on youtube as "the market where covid started". They go to the market in BKK which is basically a pet shop (some illegal animals) and try and make out its a food market.

Yes, it is disgusting how humans drop down to the gutter for a quick buck. This is just the tip of the iceberg - Absolutely disgusting.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I agree a large culling of the human population wouldn't be a bad thing. It would be a tragedy at the individual level but a positive thing in the long term. 

You mean positive for all the indivuals?

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Yeah they are not much different from the Chinese places, but they pretend they have animal protection laws ???? walk round any market to see a food health and safety nightmare, offal, pigs head covered in flies, ducks hung up next to fish splashing about half dead, people prodding prawns then going on to prod pig spine etc sickening.

That'll be the type of markets that the majority of Thais (and indeed much of Asia) buy their meat products. This includes my Thai wife by the way. Freshest meat you can buy and providing you follow standard hygiene protocols and cook it properly, no problems at all.

I've lived here 5 years and haven't had a single gastric issue to date. And I certainly haven't heard of any major food poisoning events since I've been here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, steven100 said:

well Chatujuk police & health officials ....   you better get your act together and stop the trading of exotic and live animals. I seen the preview of this story on the media.

There are also restaurants in BKK specialized in cooking wild animals.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, tifino said:

a good glass of snakes blood really wakes you up

Never got around to the Crispy Locust though...   available from Padang Besar, through to Khon Kaen ???? 

I've seen a video on youtube made in SE-Asia where they put a monkey under a table with a hole in the middle...with an axe they chop the top part of the skull of the monkey and they eat the warm brains out of the skull.....

I'm not gonna search for it but it's on youtube.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I've seen a video on youtube made in SE-Asia where they put a monkey under a table with a hole in the middle...with an axe they chop the top part of the skull of the monkey and they eat the warm brains out of the skull.....

I'm not gonna search for it but it's on youtube.

Are you referring to the scene in the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

G

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

There are also restaurants in BKK specialized in cooking wild animals.

Google say Aussies eat wild kangaroo, wild crocodile, wild emu, wild pig, wild goat, wild camel. 

The reporter liar and idiot.

• Like 2