60 minutes Australia went undercover to an illegal Bangkok wet market

Tayaout

5 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I've seen a video on youtube made in SE-Asia where they put a monkey under a table with a hole in the middle...with an axe they chop the top part of the skull of the monkey and they eat the warm brains out of the skull.....

I'm not gonna search for it but it's on youtube.

(Indiana Jones and the... )

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

G

Google say Aussies eat wild kangaroo, wild crocodile, wild emu, wild pig, wild goat, wild camel. 

The reporter liar and idiot.

Buff' Burgers; Croc' Burgers etc have been a Darwin speciality since early 80s  

the Camels were probably historic reference, to the original Afghan riders here

Wild pigs, in Aust, are not at the same scary level as Asian Jungle ones...

Generally the bit about 'the Aussies' were aborigines - again traditional kills for food

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Yinn said:

G

Google say Aussies eat wild kangaroo, wild crocodile, wild emu, wild pig, wild goat, wild camel. 

The reporter liar and idiot.

True. Croc is yummy. Half fish half chicken taste.

Wild pig or boar is great in Thailand.

60 mins is junk tv. They try to scare people. Even ex reporters from the 80s laugh at it. George Negus was the last credible journo on it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MK1 said:

Someone must be fuming that computer crimes act defying investigative journalist’s had parachuted into Thailand and departed without anyone knowing.

Need to send in the BMW smart car!!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Yeah they are not much different from the Chinese places, but they pretend they have animal protection laws ???? walk round any market to see a food health and safety nightmare, offal, pigs head covered in flies, ducks hung up next to fish splashing about half dead, people prodding prawns then going on to prod pig spine etc sickening.

If you eat out in Thailand your meat or fish came from one such market. 

• Like 2

I stopped watching when the news caster said there could be as many as 45 million deaths.

Unless my mathematical skills have totally eluded me, I make that to be 0.58% of the world's population. And according to many comments on this issue, the deaths will be mainly amongst the elderly and/or those with existing health issues.

And incidentally, the UN reckon that there 130 million births every year.

So what's the problem?

Edited by Moonlover
Add paragraph

According to the WHO and other international institutions, the level of the outbreak is not yet at pandemic level as this reporter asserted.  While the video concentrated of so-called "wet" markets and the slaughter and sale of a great variety of animals, the truth of the origin and spread of the virus is till unknown.  However, many people have asserted the "truth" about how, when, who, and how this variety of coronavirus originated, etc., and even this video showed scenes that people will believe are the truth.  A lot of governments have spread myths and general population believe them without even attempting to determine if they are true.  A prime example is the Thai government with their changing stories about masks, the forthcoming heat destroying the virus, etc., and so it goes on.  Incidentally, it has now been shown that the use of gels to clean hands, etc., is nowhere near as effective as good old soap and water to clean the body or surfaces.  Rant over.

'nuf sed.

17 hours ago, Admiral Hornblower said:

Look at the video closely, all the written wording is Chinese not Thai including the hospital and wet market. Final images are of Hong Kong. This is not Bangkok!

Nice try......

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Are you referring to the scene in the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom?

I'm not into movies so i don't know...but what i saw was somewhere in SE-Asia where eating monkey brains from a living monkey is a speciality.

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

You mean like the Lemmings who are famous for jumping over a cliff to their dead when their population becomes to big ?

This Virus looks to me like a reaction of a living being to a parasite ( dog and ticks ...) , but it is a very clean way to get rid of the only species on this planet that is capable of unbalancing the whole ecosystem , humans .

Except, of course, lemmings don't do that. Only in one very old set up scene in a movie. Disney I think it was.

12 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Some people do. I have eaten most of those in your list, but only farmed croc. All cooked in a wok by an Asian chef. Delicious.

Wild crocs are protected so unlikely to make to your dinner table.

Pigs and roo might be eaten frequently if you live in the bush, but the great majority of Australians probably haven't even seen any of the animals you mention in the wild, let alone eaten then. 

You left wild donkey off your list. Good eating and very low cholesterol.

Don,t forget the “four n twenty black birds”.... maybe China chose bats instead of crows!!

1 hour ago, ravip said:

A pandemic like this, which respect no status 

Just so you know, the WHO and CDC has not labelled Covid19 a "pandemic" yet.

Less than 200 deaths worldwide (outside of China, Iran, and Italy)

It is of course a major health concern, but of little concern if you are under 60 years old.

Again, flus and viral pneumonia from flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year

A few thousand deaths in China and several hundred in Iran and Italy do not make a pandemic 

https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=208914

• Like 2