60 minutes Australia went undercover to an illegal Bangkok wet market

Tayaout

1 hour ago, emptypockets said:

Pigs and roo might be eaten frequently if you live in the bush, but the great majority of Australians probably haven't even seen any of the animals you mention in the wild, let alone eaten then. 

You left wild donkey off your

Roo is sold in Coles. Roos jump all over every 2nd golf course

You need to get out more. Koalas seen in golf courses as well.

Maybe inner city latte drinkers havent seen a roo but everyone else has.

25 minutes ago, Logosone said:

No it's not wrong. I've used these supposed revolutionary things, often the water pressure is so poor you have to resort to paper to get the job done.

Yah, yah, I hard this argument about faeces on your forehead, would you not wash it, etc. But the reality is that the anus is a hole. It is not a flat surface like a hand or forehead. There are many wrinkles.

So to get the job done requires hard work, friction and attention to detail. Just spraying it with this low pressure water will not get the job done.

Funniest thing I've seen all day. A debate on the credibilty of a TV programme turns into an argument about wiping your bum. ????

21 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Road toll a massive pandemic

The WHO is useless

Road toll doesn't have a common cause. Unless you argue the vehicle is a disease and there's something to be said for that I suppose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

I believe you are talking about the early video nasty called 'Faces of Death' and I believe the monkey brain eating scenes were from Nepal. Mid 70's?

I don't know , i think i saw it on youtube in the early years...i wished i had never seen it, it was absolutely horrible...they chopped the scalp of the monkey's head with a machete and started eating...many men sat around it and that table set was specially designed for doing this...small round table with a hole on top, it was a cage underneath between the table legs...and the man sat on round stools around it. 

But there are also plenty video's to find about asians drinking the blood of a living snake...and more <deleted> like that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Been a long time since this delicious treat was readily available :shock1: 

When I was first in Singapore in the seventies they still had the tables where you could enjoy, tables had a clamp for the head, but alas the servings were no longer available by then.

Well it wouldn't surprise me if it still was done somewhere in asia.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Ah. That says 'American English.' I'm talking about proper English.

The clue is in the prefixes "pan' and 'epi.'

Maybe you prefer the English definition. 

"existing in almost all of an area or in almost all of a group of people, animals, or plants" 

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/pandemic?q=Pandemic

But I'm sure you don't so you are free to make your own definition. 

Just now, ChrisKC said:

I don't refer to myself as a "vegan" as it isn't necessary to be called anything, to be very healthy and fit and have a conscience!

Sorry I won't go there today. There is thread dedicated to this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Well it wouldn't surprise me if it still was done somewhere in asia.

The chinese also eat soup with a living bat in it....

Do you believe everything you read, then fill in the "pieces" with what you want to believe?

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Funniest thing I've seen all day. A debate on the credibilty of a TV programme turns into an argument about wiping your bum. ????

Road toll doesn't have a common cause. Unless you argue the vehicle is a disease and there's something to be said for that I suppose.

Yes it does - idiots

21 hours ago, Tayaout said:
21 hours ago, Admiral Hornblower said:

Look at the video closely, all the written wording is Chinese not Thai including the hospital and wet market. Final images are of Hong Kong. This is not Bangkok!

Some of the footages are from Chattuchak/Bangkok, Wuhan and maybe Hong Kong?

The only thing that I find misleading is the part in Bangkok. They show what looks like exotic pet shop but they present it like they are sold for meat. It's not really comparable to Chinese wet market where they butcher the animals on site. I've seen plenty of wet market in Thailand and they seem to offer less exotic animal and don't usually butcher the meat on site. 

Agreed. It's a rubbish, sensationalist and totally misguided video hack-job interspersed with interviews from 'experts' we've never heard of, done by a bunch of amateurs trying to eke out better prime time ratings.

It's about 2 points shy of being total fake news.

4 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Some people do. I have eaten most of those in your list, but only farmed croc. All cooked in a wok by an Asian chef. Delicious.

Wild crocs are protected so unlikely to make to your dinner table.

Pigs and roo might be eaten frequently if you live in the bush, but the great majority of Australians probably haven't even seen any of the animals you mention in the wild, let alone eaten then. 

You left wild donkey off your list. Good eating and very low cholesterol.

And wild deer. Very nice if you manage to hunt one down. Tricky buggers.

Have black panther?

• Confused 1

22 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

You can't even get a decent sausage in Australia, and their bacon is fat and water. 

Granted, anything's better than the atrocious excuse for "sausages" you get in Thailand. Absolutely revolting, inedible stuff that contains like 50,000 additives. No wonder Thais are so obese and unhealthy these days. At least there are plenty of European butchers in Australia. In Thailand, your best bet is something imported from Italy or Spain sold at Central Food Hall that costs like 300 or 450 Baht.

15 minutes ago, drbeach said:

Granted, anything's better than the atrocious excuse for "sausages" you get in Thailand. Absolutely revolting, inedible stuff that contains like 50,000 additives. No wonder Thais are so obese and unhealthy these days. At least there are plenty of European butchers in Australia. In Thailand, your best bet is something imported from Italy or Spain sold at Central Food Hall that costs like 300 or 450 Baht.

https://www.sloanes.co.th/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Tell me when and I will move away from Australia.

If you promise stay in Australia I promise will not go.

• Haha 1

"I don't buy this at all. The water does not clean as well as paper. The water depends on pressure. If it is too low you'd still be walking around with clumps of faeces stuck to your anus.

Paper, on the other hand delivers every time."

Eh Bye GUM, ya must be joking, never known low water pressure, most times it feels ya having ya back passage ripped off. Very clean and as someone who indulged in primitive practices as a youth I know what I am talking about.

john

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, drbeach said:

There is a brilliant French butcher in Big C, Chiang Mai, a German butcher in Central Food Hall at Central Festival Chiang Mai. 

I paid 390 for two super thick Rib-eye steaks from Australia. That's 195 Baht per thick rib-eye, or 5.45 Euro per steak. That's pretty much what you'd pay in Europe.