Biden takes early lead over Sanders in Michigan, wins Mississippi and Missouri

webfact

2 minutes ago, albertik said:

I like my healthcare as it is now, worldwide coverage. Medicare for all would most likely put an end to that.

Relax. 

Medicare for all wasn't going to even happen under a  President Bernie. It would have never passed in congress to even make it to his desk. That may seem an unfortunate reality to many but it is the reality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm certain the Russians will be going after Bernie supporters soon with the same old conspiracy theories that this primary was rigged against Bernie by the establishment.  I just hope the Bernie Bros don't buy into it.

I have noticed that since the CIA (or was it the FBI) informed Sanders of the Ruskie's influence, in the US election process, and Bernie said 'stop meddling Russia', his ratings have plummeted.

Perhaps it really is the Russians who are pulling the strings?!

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I'm certain the Russians will be going after Bernie supporters soon with the same old conspiracy theories that this primary was rigged against Bernie by the establishment.  I just hope the Bernie Bros don't buy into it.

Putting the Russians and the establishment aside for the moment. I hope we can at least agree that the US Presidential Primary System is tremendously dysfunctional and effectively a sham. We started with what, 26 candidates on the Democrat side? We're crowning the putative winner of the nomination tonight. My state holds its primary election 10 weeks from now. That is clearly a system that slants against democracy and towards monied interests.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm....if it was all about the money, Mr. Bloomberg would have won in a landslide.  I'll concede that this year it's mostly about beating Trump.  I'm glad that Dems have come to their senses and put up someone most likely to not only beat Trump, but beat him to a pulp.

Bloomberg accomplished his goal which was to thwart Sanders. With Bloomberg and Biden combining to take a plurality of California delegates, his work as a candidate was effectively over. Mission accomplished! His work as a supplier of staff, data, offices, organization and money continues.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Putting the Russians and the establishment aside for the moment. I hope we can at least agree that the US Presidential Primary System is tremendously dysfunctional and effectively a sham. We started with what, 26 candidates on the Democrat side? We're crowning the putative winner of the nomination tonight. My state holds its primary election 10 weeks from now. That is clearly a system that slants against democracy and towards monied interests.

No, your state needs to the earlier earlier

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Kelsall said:

All indications are it will be a Biden/Hillary ticket with an agreement that Biden be euthanized immediately after his inauguration.

OMG, funny.   Or, the stuff of nightmares...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I understand your concerns. Im all for candidates to be given about 3 months to do what they want then all states vote on the same day.

It certainly needs to be streamlined.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kelsall said:

All indications are it will be a Biden/Hillary ticket with an agreement that Biden be euthanized immediately after his inauguration.

And the republican ticked will be trump and pence. Once they loose in November  trump admits to early dementia, which made him engage in repeated criminal act, trump resigns pence pardons him and pence then begs the country for a new election. Pence then threatens to declare a national emergency because god told him he was the chosen one. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

A great pick for president. If he loses it at a worker. I can just imagine how the debates are going to go.

When Trump goes ballistic at every perceived slight it's called "counter-punching".  When Biden calls BS on a worker who accuses him of trying to "take away our guns" he's accused of losing it.

Can you see why people don't take Trump supporters seriously?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, albertik said:

I like my healthcare as it is now, worldwide coverage. Medicare for all would most likely put an end to that.

Really?  Are you in the US?  Does your doctor or hospital have a test kit for Covid 19?  Can you get tested for free if you think you have been exposed?  Will you be treated for free?  Will you get paid time off from work if you need to self-quarantine?

Most important, can all the people you encounter, and the people they encounter, afford to get tested if kits are available, afford to get treated, and afford to take time off from work to self-quarantine?

If you are in the US, the answer is no.  That means the virus will not be contained.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, J Town said:

Biden is a nice old guy, trained in the art of fisticuffs, showing signs of early dementia. Trump is a mean-spirited junkyard dog, experienced in the craft of dirty street fighting. Joe doesn't stand a chance.

Trump is an immature narcissist raised with a silver spoon in his mouth who has no experience with the real world.  He barks loudly, like a frightened dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Really?  Are you in the US?  Does your doctor or hospital have a test kit for Covid 19?  Can you get tested for free if you think you have been exposed?  Will you be treated for free?  Will you get paid time off from work if you need to self-quarantine?

Most important, can all the people you encounter, and the people they encounter, afford to get tested if kits are available, afford to get treated, and afford to take time off from work to self-quarantine?

If you are in the US, the answer is no.  That means the virus will not be contained.

That is true and absolutely none of that is likely to change under a Biden presidency either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That is true and absolutely none of that is likely to change under a Biden presidency either.

By the time there is a Biden Presidency it will be too late for Covid-19.  It will be up to him to ensure the US will be better prepared for the next health crisis.

However Biden, and no other Democrat, would have been so short sighted as to do what Trump has done:

"Amid two global health crises, the Trump administration has proposed cutting $3 billion from the U.S. government's global health programs in its latest budget request."   https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-budget-proposes-cuts-global-health-amid-global/story?id=68911515

"Four years after the United States pledged to help the world fight infectious-disease epidemics such as Ebola, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is dramatically downsizing its epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries because money is running out, U.S. government officials said."   https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/01/cdc-to-cut-by-80-percent-efforts-to-prevent-global-disease-outbreak/

"Taken together, the $87.1 billion in discretionary funding for HHS programs would be 12 percent less than in the spending plan Congress adopted for this fiscal year — although the proposal is unlikely to survive lawmakers’ scrutiny."  https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-proposes-big-cuts-to-health-programs-for-poor-elderly-and-disabled/2019/03/11/55e42a56-440c-11e9-aaf8-4512a6fe3439_story.html

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

By the time there is a Biden Presidency it will be too late for Covid-19.  It will be up to him to ensure the US will be better prepared for the next health crisis.

However Biden, and no other Democrat, would have been so short sighted as to do what Trump has done:

"Amid two global health crises, the Trump administration has proposed cutting $3 billion from the U.S. government's global health programs in its latest budget request."   https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-budget-proposes-cuts-global-health-amid-global/story?id=68911515

"Four years after the United States pledged to help the world fight infectious-disease epidemics such as Ebola, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is dramatically downsizing its epidemic prevention activities in 39 out of 49 countries because money is running out, U.S. government officials said."   https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/02/01/cdc-to-cut-by-80-percent-efforts-to-prevent-global-disease-outbreak/

"Taken together, the $87.1 billion in discretionary funding for HHS programs would be 12 percent less than in the spending plan Congress adopted for this fiscal year — although the proposal is unlikely to survive lawmakers’ scrutiny."  https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trump-proposes-big-cuts-to-health-programs-for-poor-elderly-and-disabled/2019/03/11/55e42a56-440c-11e9-aaf8-4512a6fe3439_story.html

There would be no free testing under Biden for Covid 19 or other subsequent viruses because Biden has said if the 2 houses of Congress managed to get a M4A bill to his desk for signature, he would veto it. The actual test is the least of the costs associated with being tested.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

There would be no free testing under Biden for Covid 19 or other subsequent viruses because Biden has said if the 2 houses of Congress managed to get a M4A bill to his desk for signature, he would veto it. The actual test is the least of the costs associated with being tested.

Free testing could be offered without Medicare for All.  So could mandatory paid leave for self-quarantine.

No country is fully prepared for Covid-19, and no country will be fully prepared for the next health crisis.  However the Republican's "every man for himself" approach to health care leaves the US uniquely unprepared among the rich nations.

• Haha 1