Pattaya: Smash at "Dolphin Roundabout" - beer and knife found in car after driver deserts friends and flees scene!

webfact

Pattaya: Smash at "Dolphin Roundabout" - beer and knife found in car after driver deserts friends and flees scene!

6pm1.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

Pattaya's police were called after a Honda Civic car failed to negotiate a bend at the Dolphin Roundabout at 4.30 this morning. 

The car smashed into plant pots scattering them all about. 

At the scene were Wichaicharoen, 20, and Sorayuth, 21. One of them claimed to be driving, a statement police found hard to believe.

Three opened beer bottles and a 10 cm knife were found inside the car. 

6pm2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The claim about who was driving was further brought into doubt given the evidence of Thepbareem, 30, who witnessed the driver clamber out of the wrecked car via the passenger door and run off into the night. 

His two friends were helping police with inquiries at the police station and CCTV was being examined, reported 77kaoded. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-11

pm3.jpg
Picture: Saimchon News
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Certainly beer. Even passengers are not allowed to drink in a moving vehicle, although it is widely practiced.

Not sure about the knife, but it's a reasonable guess that it's not there as a toothpick!

So you consider an open beer bottle as irrefutable evidence the driver was drinking?

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

So you consider an open beer bottle as irrefutable evidence the driver was drinking?

No but doing a runner is

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

At 4:30 am? I would certainly put money on it especially as the "driver" did a runner.

A 4 inch knife in a vehicle means little. In my pickup at various time I have carried machetes, hooked blades on a pole for cutting branches, an axe or 2 a petrol chain saw, 1 or 2 weed whackers, gasoline in plastic bottles, rope, string and other odds and ends.

I have had bottles of whiskey, crates of beer, soda, ice etc.

Most things that you would find in rural pickups.

Not at 4:30 am though as I am usually in bed asleep.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2020 at 3:24 PM, KhunBENQ said:
On 3/11/2020 at 3:22 PM, BritManToo said:

as irrefutable evidence the driver was drinking?

You haven't got it.

No one is allowed to drink alcohol in the car.

Even passengers.

The point is that it is illegal to have opened alcohol bottles in a vehicle, regardless of whether they were being consumed, or by whom.

On 3/11/2020 at 3:30 PM, BritManToo said:

Fleeing the scene is entirely sensible as the fine for fleeing is much smaller than failing a breath test.

(which is why all the Thais do it)

Your comment would make sense if it wasn't for the fact that all Thais don't do that.