Immigration officer on duty at Suvarnabhumi airport contracts Covid-19, reports Thai media

webfact

17 minutes ago, peterb17 said:

There is little more chance of catching the virus in this country than being hit by an asteroid.

How many 100's of people were hit by asteroids last year?

The 59 confirmed infected probably disagree with you.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ukrules said:

While your on the topic of 59 infected have a look at global statistics, and recovery rate

https://ncov2019.live/

The recovery rate is pretty good!

And if you would like something really alarming  this article reports that 1 person a day , every day  dies from falling while taking a shower in the USA

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/evewoman/article/2001233343/caution-bathrooms-and-showers-can-be-a-death-trap

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

They have literally done nothing but lie and obfuscate.

Those toxic fumes must have gone to your head

Are you living here? I'd run man! This is a scary place for people who worry easily. You still got time to get out before apocalypse.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, raccos21 said:

Millions arrived but so far only one got infected wow amazing.

Read it. He was on departures not arrivals. So no one on the arrivals side has been infected yet

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

This American agrees with your entire post. Wish they'd all go back to twitter.

Thank you. 

Personally I love those guys from America- friendly, generous and hospitable.

But number 1 in conspiracy theories.

30% of millennials believe the world is flat - of course.

40% believe the government is withholding info about aliens - let’s not talk about abductions and anal probing! 
6% - fake moon landings 

lots more theories - 9/11 , JFK, Obama etc 

In this country of 69 million we have 60 cases - I would be concerned in Italy or Iran - here absolutely not . 

Thanks for you support - people get real . 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Im curious...if the WHO and CDC have proven that sunlight kills viruses in water in 6 hours, why isnt the sun disinfecting that metal rail that the Chiese guy spewed germs on?

is  the  rail  in  water?

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Nah, that´s just the whole point that you obviously missed. That information is out of unknown reason missing.

Just think like this. Thailand was from start pointed out to be the most vulnerable country outside China, due to it´s big connection with China.

After that it is suddenly more people that are dying in a lot of other countries more far away and with much smaller connection to Chinese people. Doesn´t that make you wonder?

Are you living in Thailand ? If Yes > WHY?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

Well NASA calculates 1 in 32000 - I never said it was it was going to do you any harm.

The planet is bombarded with shooting stars etc - so star dust .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, isn´t it funny that more people that return home from Thailand have COVID19, than cases in Thailand? It just must be a very lucky country.

The number of confirmed cases also depends on the number of tests... no test for the virus, no case.. simple.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, 0815 said:

and family, friends, tourists on arrival...
Good luck for everyone of them.

He was on departures not arrivals so it is not the tourist on arrival, it is the people on departure to other countries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pravda said:

Ummm.... not if people who returned home were infected by Cambodians ????

Yes, but they still returned home from Thailand, which means they been infected and in contact with Thailand and thai people before returning home, right?

I'm no Bellingcat but doing a 20 min search on Google with just one phrase and the first 3 pages of results brings a nice growing tally of Thailand exporting COVID-19 to other countries:

List in no particular order:

1. National Lottery operator Camelot have shut their offices in Watford after an employee tested positive for coronavirus.

The staff member had recently returned from Thailand and is receiving medical advice from Public Health England.

https://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/news/hertfordshire-news/hertfordshire-coronavirus-camelot-shuts-watford-3934626

2. South Korean woman tests positive for coronavirus after Thailand visit

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3048903/coronavirus-south-korean-woman-who-visited-thailand

3. Tracy Daszkiewicz, Director of Public Health for Wiltshire Council, said: "I can confirm that a fourth adult in Wiltshire has tested positive for coronavirus after returning from a trip to Thailand

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/news/articles/fourth-confirmed-covid-19-case-in-wiltshire

4. in Liverpool, a city centre hotel has been hit by coronavirus fears after a guest reportedly self-quarantined in their hotel room after falling ill following a trip to Thailand.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8059563/Three-patients-England-test-positive-coronavirus-UK.html

5. New Delhi: A Delhi man with a travel history to Thailand and Malaysia has tested positive for coronavirus

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/politics-and-nation/delhi-man-with-travel-history-to-thailand-malaysia-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-total-cases-31/articleshow/74507359.cms

6. An 81-year-old man who had recently returned from Thailand is in hospital on the Sunshine Coast with the virus.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-05/coronavirus-live-updates-james-bond-travel-ban-south-korea/12027046

• Like 2

It’s strange they didn’t mention the total infected, I lost count. Maybe since it’s all lies anyway. My wife’s father works for the government and he said they quarantined 16 Thais who were infected from Korea and one ran away. I don’t seem to have read or heard or seen anything about this being mentioned anywhere, kind of strange don’t you think???

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

How do you know its a foreigner?  Thais go through immigration as well depending on their passport and situation.

Thais do have some sort of an ID which can be traced? What do you think about that? Or do they walk in and out of airports without any documentation?

Edited by ravip

1 minute ago, 448glb said:

It’s strange they didn’t mention the total infected, I lost count. Maybe since it’s all lies anyway. My wife’s father works for the government and he said they quarantined 16 Thais who were infected from Korea and one ran away. I don’t seem to have read or heard or seen anything about this being mentioned anywhere, kind of strange don’t you think???

Then you haven't read much or you would have read that 80 of those that returned from South Korea had disappeared but since then they have found 18 of them. Even you and your wife's father would not be able to do an accurate count of how many people in Thailand are infected so don't point the finger at the government. It is impossible to have an accurate count when there are so many people who live in remote villages who could have the virus but do not visit doctors but instead self medicate like they have done for centuries and then when they die they are cremated with no medical checks to see what they died from.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1