Krungthai Bank halts FX service at all branches

snoop1130

Krungthai Bank halts FX service at all branches

By THE NATION

800_d3baac8a2c381ef.jpg

Krungthai Bank has stepped up its Covid-19 measures, including suspending currency exchange service at all branches and closing its 53 FX booths nationwide from 2 pm today (March 11) until further notice.

Staff involved in FX service have been told to self-quarantine at home for 14 days. As of now, none has been tested positive for the virus infection.

Earlier Kasikornbank announced a similar statement that it had halted currency exchange service at all branches and forex booths nationwide indefinitely, starting from 5 pm Sunday( March 8).

Suspension of the service will continue until the coronavirus outbreak eases off.

Employees working at forex booths that have been closed are instructed to self-quarantine at home for 14 days in accordance with the guidelines of the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health. As of now, no KBank employee has been found to be infected with the virus.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383861

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-11
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

This would make sense IF it’s known as fact, or absent fact, is reasonably plausible (as defined by medical or similarly qualified professionals) that the virus can in fact spread via contaminated surfaces such as paper currency.

Its that part, the “can it in fact be transmitted this way” that I myself am not sure about. 

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i just transfer a <deleted> load of money into Thailand.

holed up here in Hua Hin with a fever while the whole world burns.

good luck everybody.

trust you have an over supply of toilet paper ????

Yet another case of very poor reporting.  Do they mean TRANSFER as in electronic transfer or do they mean EXCHANGE in that you go to a counter with your foreign currency and change it for Thai Baht?  TV, it is time you started challenging some of these reports to make sure people understand the basis of what you are publishing, even if you are only copying and pasting an article!

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

they seem to be worrying about the wrong things, how about the level of testing going on? are people self isolating if they have symptoms?

went to Nong khai Thai general Hospital yesterday.

Had slight fever . coughing sore throat

Also been exposed by Air Asia too corona suspect

After waiting 1 hour for ambulance told to sit outside where everyone arriving for emergency.

After 1 hour again a fan was put on for me then told AFTER ANOTHER 45 MINS don't have corona in issan no worry go to Bangkok if you want a test.

We don't have here.

DONT HAVE HERE ? IN A Border town with hundreds of chinese passing through daily.

Gave me some pills for bronchitis.

The country is thick

When can I leaving not coming back what alternative is don't know but this place is a farce a pantomime.

you cant even send a story to the bangkok post or the nation. (if anyone does know how tell me)

people's lives are at risk because of their Mai Pen Rai attitude.

Love my wife & son but not Thailand anymore.

DON'T WANT US HERE

THEY JUST PROVED IT.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, LekFAB said:

After waiting 1 hour for ambulance told to sit outside where everyone arriving for emergency.

After 1 hour again a fan was put on for me then told AFTER ANOTHER 45 MINS don't have corona in issan no worry go to Bangkok if you want a test.

We don't have here.

DONT HAVE HERE ? IN A Border town with hundreds of chinese passing through daily.

The country is thick

When can I leaving not coming back what alternative is don't know but this place is a farce a pantomime.

you cant even send a story to the bangkok post or the nation. (if anyone does know how tell me)

people's lives are at risk because of their Mai Pen Rai attitude.

Love my wife & son but not Thailand anymore.

DON'T WANT US HERE

THEY JUST PROVED IT.

That's a worry, maybe @Sheryl can comment on that

15 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

I dont get it. Why on earth is the corona virus a reason to stop money transfer?

There is no back up plan in place. Is it because people are packing up, sending money out and leaving? This is a real head scratcher that will disturb some people im sure

Dead right, and when the old boys try to get out their 800,000 bht,..........Er, sorry, no can do......  Try moving any large amounts of money under normal circumstances, that's nearly impossible, but at the moment they've a cast iron excuse why you won't be getting it back........ The door's shut !  International transactions online....... Forget it....... 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

Yet another case of very poor reporting.  Do they mean TRANSFER as in electronic transfer or do they mean EXCHANGE in that you go to a counter with your foreign currency and change it for Thai Baht?  TV, it is time you started challenging some of these reports to make sure people understand the basis of what you are publishing, even if you are only copying and pasting an article!

???? The truth. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

et another case of very poor reporting.  Do they mean TRANSFER as in electronic transfer or do they mean EXCHANGE in that you go to a counter with your foreign currency and change it for Thai Baht?

Poor reporting [sic], my backside.  As nothing except exchanging foreign currency at branches and exchange booths was mentioned, it's logical to assume that it's only that that service that the bank referred to.  To assume anything else would be very poor reading and comprehension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LekFAB said:

We don't have here.

The country is thick

"The country is thick"

What?  Geez...perhaps you do just have bronchitis!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cabradelmar said:
2 hours ago, robertson468 said:

???? The truth. Thank you!

100% misinterpreted (probably deliberately) garbage.  You're welcome.

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

its not transfer its exchange. taking in virus covered money  from all over the world.

Thais need to be protected from all those nasty disease ridden farang especially the uppity no taking the Coronavirus seriously western farang and their disease ridden money..  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spinner2020 said:

you don't think closing FX shops (and yesterday walking Sukhumvit I saw all of them shut, not just the mentioned banks') might have something to do with hardly any tourists being here to exchange cash and the banks thinking they can save a bit by laying off staff (sorry, 'self-quarantining them')?

They're not all shut!  Eg. Vasu wasn't closed yesterday, neither was Superrich, and they are not closed today, either.

I walked past two booths in about 200 metres yesterday afternoon in that area that were open as usual.  And the banks are not "laying-off" staff, some have been sent home for temporary self-isolation as has been widely, and quite clearly, mentioned.

Edited by Just Weird