Trump suspends all travel from Europe to the United States to fight coronavirus

webfact

Get a grip Trump supporters, Obama has been gone 1151 days, and you still want to blame him for everything that has gone wrong since then 

1151 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 3 years, 1 month, 25 days excluding the end date.

Or 37 month, 25 days excluding the end date.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

No, all we want is to be treated with the same amount of deference, which will never happen. 

Sorry, there is no "right" to deference.  There is an endless supply, but still it does need to be earned.  At least your last phrase does make sense.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Sorry, there is no "right" to deference.  There is an endless supply, but still it does need to be earned.  At least your last phrase does make sense.

Sorry, but the double standards of the left are plain to see, unless of course you are on the left. Pretending to justify that the previous administration "earned" the deference and compliance of the media is vacuous and ignorant. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Sorry, but the double standards of the left are plain to see, unless of course you are on the left. Pretending to justify that the previous administration "earned" the deference and compliance of the media is vacuous and ignorant. 

Please point out where either political slant was mentioned in my post.  You've fabricated that entirely and then made fun of your own fabrication.  Are you a professional contortionist?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

Please point out where either political slant was mentioned in my post.  You've fabricated that entirely and then made fun of your own fabrication.  Are you a professional contortionist?

You said that deference is earned, implying that the current administration hasn't earned any.  Your a supporter of the left, that is your right. As such, you have the mainstream media parroting your views nonstop. The media has never given equal treatment to both sides. I can't spell it out any simpler than that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

If they disagree with you, the you are labeled a unpatriotic MSM loving  snowflake member of the left. 

Edited by samran
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

You said that deference is earned, implying that the current administration hasn't earned any.  Your a supporter of the left, that is your right. As such, you have the mainstream media parroting your views nonstop. The media has never given equal treatment to both sides. I can't spell it out any simpler than that. 

All you have to do is quote the falsehoods Trump has uttered or tweeted  about the COVID situation. Even Ben Shapiro condemned his first address to the nation. Or is he a member of the mainstream media, too?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

All you have to do is quote the falsehoods Trump has uttered or tweeted  about the COVID situation. Even Ben Shapiro condemned his first address to the nation. Or is he a member of the mainstream media, too?

Weak feckless deflection, but do you consider Ben Shapiro as mainstream? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, opalred said:

south Korea after the first case found/ were testing 10000 people a day after 1 week 

usa after 4 weeks after first cases most states have no test kits / govt think 4500 have been tested 

trump refused to take test kits from WHO /as he wanted to make money out of the virus by having his friends make the kits which failed#WAKE up he tried to pull another con on the people again

Rather reminds me of the allegedly close friend of a certain minister in Thailand, who they say cornered the supply of masks so he could sell them at a big profit to other countries. Trump's approach entirely, why waste your time attempting to take care of your own people when you can make a profit out of them, a national crisis only makes the profit larger. Reading about his fathers standards helps in the  understanding of how he became so utterly immoral. No wonder he is so comfortable with 3rd world dictators. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

When you become a moderator, I'll take your advice. Go to one of them if you think I'm trolling.  And you still haven't provided any evidence for your contention about the development of the NHS being somehow dependent on the plight of children during ww2.

Mind you some of these guys are packing if this was face to face I would say,  "of course, of course you're right, stupid me what was I thinking" and slowly walk out backwards before legging it, into the night

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

I happen to have a masters in NHS management where I spent most of my career. Beveridge, 1st Baron Beveridge, KCB was a British economist and LIBERAL who proposed the NHS in his report in 1942. Sure labour implemented it as they had to as part of the post-war reform. It was a reaction, and a great one, to WW2 you can't use it as a political football to support medicare for all in the US (not saying that is not a lofty goal but the entire tax system does not support it). 

And what role, if any, did transporting and caring for groups of children play in the creation of the NHS? One poster claims that was how it began but I've found no evidence for that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Given 12,000 Americans died while the Obama cartel was in power, I'd say his pandemic response team SUCKED.

Back with that weak deflection again.  I understand, it's not much, but it's all you've got.

As has been pointed out, Swine flu had a fatality rate of 0.02%, less that normal flu and much less than Corona.  Swine flu was already established in the US when it's source was identified, so closing the borders would have not stopped the spread but would have been incredibly disruptive to the economy.  And you still haven't justified your claim that closing the border with Mexico would have saved thousands of lives.