Covid-19: Tourists being checked LEAVING Thailand after cases found abroad

webfact

Covid-19: Tourists being checked LEAVING Thailand after cases found abroad

33.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The deputy chief of Suvarnabhumi airport has revealed that thermoscanners had been installed at all departure points to check tourists leaving Thailand. 

This follows reports that people in countries around the world had said they contracted the virus while in Thailand. 

The scanners were installed after parts of the airport were deep cleaned after an immigration officer and staff member from ASM were diagnosed with coronavirus on Wednesday. 

Kittipong Kittikhajorn was shown on a video leading staff and cleaners in hazard suits to areas in departures. 

American made spray was being utilised to clean several areas that were cordoned off ahead of reopening. They included immigration checking areas, bag and body search facilities. 

Kittipong said that all departure points at the airport were now fitted with scanners.

He stressed the importance of ensuring that all staff - immigration and airport workers - are healthy and said the cleaning was needed to assure the public that the airport was clean and safe. 

3pm1_VI.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

The spray used complied to American standards and was safe for the public. 

He said that a deep cleaning of immigration entry points and search areas would follow. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-12
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, smedly said:

Great news for tourism - you might not be allowed to leave the country 

I think just the opposite. Tourists testing positive will be given the express treatment by boarding the plane first. Unfortunately the those infected will not be segregated from the rest of the passengers. 

I note the scanner is made by Flir,when i used a thermal camera in Aussie for termite detection,this company was quite a new player,but even then i was impressed with it product,lighter and in colour unlike my bulky bugeye device,i think there shares will have gone through the roof.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And will we hear about anyone stopped from leaving and being quarantined.  Of course if they are, then everyone they had contact with here in Thailand as well as the airport will need to be segregated as well.  "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get" aka from Forest Gump, and of course he now has the virus.....

New tourist T-shirt..."I went to Thailand, and now image.png

21 minutes ago, justin case said:

too bad people don't know UV light can kill things, not silly sprays...

you know they use special uv machine to de-infect operating rooms, right

Those are called germicidal lights. The required exposure time and the area that needed to be covered is better handled with the Calla spray.

5 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

I note the scanner is made by Flir,when i used a thermal camera in Aussie for termite detection,this company was quite a new player,but even then i was impressed with it product,lighter and in colour unlike my bulky bugeye device,i think there shares will have gone through the roof.

Good catch. I didn't find that camera model on their website though: https://www.flir.com/ . Maybe it's an old model. Would be interested in the accuracy.

This morning at DMK, ALL departing passengers entering passport control were being screened by a team using the small hand held digital thermal scanners so I presume anyone found positive would not be allowed to leave Thailand and would have to go into quarantine. I was okay - 37.3 (38 or above is positive).

The only benefit of these "exit cameras" is to be able to contradict anyone saying they got the virus when visiting Thailand.

"Impossible...we checked every person leaving and none had the virus".

Of course, if they did detect someone, then they only prove that the person got the virus in Thailand...so may want to check these cameras are plugged in....it's not in their best interests.

Noticed this evening before entering the Airport Rail Link system at Phayathai that a family of four white tourists had to have their temperature measured / controlled using one of those gun-like devices held to the head. I was, however, surprised that the three Asians and myself, who were next in the queue, were allowed to pass through without being controlled. Looks like they really are focusing on those leaving the country. 

went via  CTU last Oct,  lots of sickly persons with and without masks then,

no thermal  scanners in use at the  time, later the same day  was in ICN, thermal scanners in use.

what are the odds  it was in the works already ?