Covid-19: ALL fake news! Don't share reports of foreigners dying in Thailand - it's rubbish, say Thais

webfact

1 hour ago, bstafford214 said:

I would bet that the Thai government are monitoring all the social media sites and blocking anything with the word virus.

Absolutely!! And other words. That's why the moderation is so strict I reckon. Have to be careful in LOS; especially under the present regime.

Edited by owl sees all

4 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Really? Can we get another confirnation of this? If so, it would mean a serious escalation of Thailand starting to use China's commie playbook.

France 24 was consistently blocked virtually all of 2019. True have dropped France 24 from their list (at least on my package) for this year.

Aljazeera is blocked a few times a week. To be precise every time there is a news item regarding Thailand. There are other blockages also. Last one I saw was about demonstrations in a South American country. Chile I think.

When I look at Aljazeera live on the internet, the reasons for the blocking seen so trivial; at least to me.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

:huh: most of us would like to think so but observations and experience over time count more than hopes.

Yes. Correct. I have received far better care from several doctors here, than I ever got in the US, where their visitations are typically limited to 120 seconds with no real dialogue permitted. 

I have had doctors here who speak fluent English, really take the time to explain and examine. Rarely in the US. At 30 times the price. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

but it is easy to cover up here because pneumonia is very common. both my boys have had it, one of them 3 times.

so if i go to hospital and get diagnosed with pneumonia, the hospital just has to say i have viral pneumonia and its not covid (the lie, maybe not even tested).

that would be accepted. not saying it is happening! but if it was very few thais would be suspicious because the public hospitals are full of pneumonia cases all year round anyway

Right, pneumonia is very common here, but if lots of people die of pneumonia, it's not pneumonia?

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes, his name is Anutin, and he has absolutely no experience in the field of health. To say he is in way over his head, would be one of the truly great understatements. He is an engineer. Knows nothing about medicine. His appointment, like 98% of Thai ministerial appointments, was based entirely on cronyism, and had nothing to do with merit. That is the Thai army. A true BOB (bottom of the barrel) organization. 

Anuthin is heir to a major construction company fortune. His family's company, Sino-Thai Engineering and Construction PCL, built several government mega-projects such as Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport. An engineer, Anuthin served as president of Sino-Thai. He has over the years been a member of many political parties such as the National Development Party, Thai Rai, and the Bhumjaithai Party. 

The UK Health Minister had a degree in history. Possibly one of the most useless degrees after fine arts if you want a meaningful job.

Ministers don't make policy, they front it up. The civil service makes policy, Ministers do and say what they are told to. They are puppets.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bstafford214 said:

I would bet that the Thai government are monitoring all the social media sites and blocking anything with the word virus.

virus  virus  virus  virus  virus  virus  VIRUS that should do it then?

8 hours ago, DavisH said:

This is how they caught most of those worked from South Korea who absconded from quarantine. They were reported by members of their own villages. Bad news spreads quickly these days. 

LOS (Land Of Snitches).

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

The govt are not lying.  They are reporting the numbers being given to them by the hosptals.  The hospitals are simply not testing.  The risk for the private hospitals of having someone sitting in a packed waiting area and the discovering they have Corona is massive as they would need to close down large parts of the hospital...and lose money (I mean not admit new cases they need to help!  From what I have read many of the cases discovered (like the grandfather in DM) were found in small private clinics which then have to self-incubate for two weeks!

They ask me not to publish the truth about nearly a dozen close friends who caught the virus and managed to travel across the country without being stopped before they infected hundreds of others? No way! The outcome will tell the story. Just wait for it! 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, SometimezaGreatNotion said:

"A death happens often but it does not get classified as COVID-19 related."

There are some logical problems with the above statement. It gives no supporting sources or actual data. Arguing against it would be like trying to prove God does not exist.

Precisely.

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As I have stated elsewhere, I keep hearing about the fake numbers in Thailand. Although I acknowledge it is possible, when you consider the staggering incompetence of the Thai army and administration, how would they be able to accomplish what far more oppressive governments like Iran and China were not able to accomplish? People are NOT scared of the army anymore. They are weak, and feeble. And they are despised. If a Thai person had a family member with Corona, in the hospital, who was seriously ill, would they not run onto social media and talk about it? Thailand is one of the most active countries on earth, when it comes to social media. I think we would have thousands of people blabbering on facebook, instagram, line, youtube, and others, about this. So, again, how would the hapless army be able to cover this up to the extent many suggest?

I am sure the numbers are higher than what we are seeing. But, how much higher?

You’re missing one crucial element, they have to get tested to know they have the virus. Without a test, it’s just the flu or pneumonia. 

There are limited hospitals testing as is with limited test kits. Many Thais are notoriously afraid of hospitals and most of them self medicate at pharmacies when sick.

What we have in Thailand is a lack of testing from normal people. Those getting testing are those traveling from select regions or having direct exposure to someone with the virus.

The Ministry of Public Health is on high alert in Udon Thani province with a potential of a covid-19 outbreak: Here are the numbers that got tested yesterday.

103 Udon Thani / Amphur Phen 53 / Bandung 15 / Ban Phue 45 / Thungfon 45 / Nong Han 52 / Chaiwan 25 / Wang Sam Mo 29 / Si Trat 12 / Nong Saat 20 / Kumphwapi / 28.

No contact tracing going on as the cases have not been confirmed yet as Covid-19.

References to a Covid-19. Contrary to naysayers a vaccine for this new strain of corona virus disease should be available in a few months. The Americans and Israelis have announced their progress recently. The Israeli vaccine will be an oral version. The Israeli vaccine has a head start because the company has already developed one for the cousin Corona Virus that infects chickens. 

Myanmar had an incompetent military dictatorship for 50 years. And look at the state of the country now. A basket case.

Incompetent morons in charge in the days of social media. More difficult.

But Prayut could still damage Thailand in a big way.

You cannot stop a tsunami, hiding the facts creates unimaginable damage. Thai authorities and Thai elités also, for the first time, should  put their face, their arrogance apart and reveal the real numbers of the contagion to the unsuspecting population and the global community. it's time not to act like a moron.

• Like 1

Military government's big enemy is the spreading truth, in any country.

In Thailand they don't bother to change bad facts, instead they fight those who dare talk about them. Fake news department? They need it. So much to cover up...

Edited by P100
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Traubert said:

The UK Health Minister had a degree in history. Possibly one of the most useless degrees after fine arts if you want a meaningful job.

Ministers don't make policy, they front it up. The civil service makes policy, Ministers do and say what they are told to. They are puppets.

I get that. But you need competent people under you too. How competent do you think the average ministry is here?

My wife stepped on a nail last week and has been going to the clinic down the street to have it cleaned everyday the main doctor has been in meetings every time she has gone so one of the other doctors has been cleaning it.

I spoke with my wife about a half hour ago and the doctor told my wife that they were going to restrict everyone to their houses, if food is needed they would stop at each house.

I don't know if its going to be all of Thailand or Isan area, but would guess all of Thailand is going to be under Quarantine since they have been lying about the numbers from the start.

We will see in the coming days or week. 

2 minutes ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

My wife stepped on a nail last week and has been going to the clinic down the street to have it cleaned everyday the main doctor has been in meetings every time she has gone so one of the other doctors has been cleaning it.

I spoke with my wife about a half hour ago and the doctor told my wife that they were going to restrict everyone to their houses, if food is needed they would stop at each house.

I don't know if its going to be all of Thailand or Isan area, but would guess all of Thailand is going to be under Quarantine since they have been lying about the numbers from the start.

How do they want to control the spread when 1.) they lie about known infection numbers, and 2.) avoid acquiring knowledge abot more cases by not testing...

7 hours ago, JDGRUEN said:

References to a Covid-19. Contrary to naysayers a vaccine for this new strain of corona virus disease should be available in a few months. The Americans and Israelis have announced their progress recently. The Israeli vaccine will be an oral version. The Israeli vaccine has a head start because the company has already developed one for the cousin Corona Virus that infects chickens. 

No there will not be a vaccine ready for the public in a few months. More like 18 months or best case 12 months.

6 minutes ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

Sounds horrible but frankly it wouldn't shock me. I think it's only common sense that the official numbers of fantastical tip of the iceberg. It might be a good time for fasting!

55 minutes ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

doctor told my wife that they were going to restrict everyone to their houses, if food is needed they would stop at each house.

Maybe they think so, but that won’t work where we are. They don’t have enough people to enforce it and nobody to make any deliveries. One meal without a delivery and they’ll all be heading to town for food. Next day everyone will be back in the fields. Cops will have a new excuse to grab a little extra change. Cops might be afraid to touch the dirty money now. 

4 hours ago, zhounan said:

You cannot stop a tsunami, hiding the facts creates unimaginable damage. Thai authorities and Thai elités also, for the first time, should  put their face, their arrogance apart and reveal the real numbers of the contagion to the unsuspecting population and the global community. it's time not to act like a moron.

TBPH I don't care about numbers. I want them to take measures to restrict its spread. That's what's bothering me; and probably most in Thailand. The lack of urgency or activity. All this posturing and posing for the media is nonsense.

The military successfully stopped meetings of more than 5 people a few years back. The same again would be a starter.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No there will not be a vaccine ready for the public in a few months. More like 18 months or best case 12 months.

Depends. They started with the vaccines when SARS-CoV v1.0 was making rounds, but stopped when it disappeared. There's a head start. Also when it gets this big, bureaucracy finally gets out of the way. Also meaning I wouldn't want to be in the first batch to get the vaccine that has limited testing behind it.

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

TBPH I don't care about numbers. I want them to take measures to restrict its spread.

Having reliable information is essential for restricting the spread. Otherwise it's a false sense of security, exactly what has been allowed to happen for weeks now. There should be heads on spikes after this but, meh, Thailand, maibpenrai.

If the virus really is temp sensitive, Thais might have gotten a lucky break, but it'll still only slow down the spread, not stop it.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1