Confusion over “volunteer” spraying “alcohol” on people in Bangkok

webfact

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Asked what chemicals were in the liquid he was spraying, he couldn’t say, but claimed the fluid “helped prevent Sars and bird flu”.

this sounds like the pesticide company that came against terminates in a concrete house and all the neighbors do the same .... no clue what they are spraying, dumb owners that are afraid of termites eating the concrete ... 

when my crazy ex finally left, I forbid these companies to spray unknown pesticides ... did not see a termite every and certainly not since last year

everybody does it attitude

18 hours ago, marko kok prong said:

This shows you know little about pesticides,it could have been Pyrethrum which has basically no effect on mammals,even Synthetic Pyrethroids are fairly harmless,i worked 20 years in Pest control so i know what i am on about.

I’m sure that with 20 years experience in pest control you know what your about.  But your knowledge of the potential side affects of Pyrethrum appear to be somewhat limited.

From the video it can be clearly seen that the 'volunteer' spays whatever into the face of the 'willing victim', so there is a high chance that the person will inhale/swallow whatever is being sprayed.   If the liquid being sprayed does contain pyrethrum, then I think there are grounds for concern.

Source:  US Environmental Protection Agency

Warning: Inhaling pyrethrum, on the other hand, is a more serious risk. Individual responses to inhaling pyrethrum insecticides vary, but inhaling pyrethrum can result in difficulty breathing, sneezing, nasal irritation, headache, nausea, swelling and flushing of the face, loss of coordination, tremors, convulsions, and a burning or itching sensation. Pyrethrum has a low chronic toxicity overall for humans, and the most common problem associated with contact or inhalation result from allergic responses.

Obviously the reaction which an individual will suffer will depend upon the concentration of the liquid that is being sprayed into their face. 

Edited by 007 RED
typo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I can't believe people just stood there and let him spray them.

It’s the herd mentality. Blind leading the blind. Follow authority without question to save face etc

Edited by NightSky

49 minutes ago, NightSky said:

It’s the herd mentality. Blind leading the blind. Follow authority without question to save face etc

more likely it is " for free; so possibly cannot harm me". but from wrong hands it well could.

21 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

said on the television it was pesticides. Hope not, or all these people will be bursting with cancers very soon!!!! No way would some idiot spend money on alcohol when pesticides far cheaper. "thanks government for keeping the chemicals and cost effective"!!

This pest should spray himself or do it outside Govt House where most pests enter.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

so the guy is mental and spraying everyone with a unknown substance and no one even notices for five days? 

not one cop? no CCTV? no public transport police? we are doomed! :cheesy::clap2: 

Yep and the Thai locals are lining up like a bunch of sheep thinking that a spray over with god knows what will help them combat this virus. These people amaze truly amaze me.

4 hours ago, 007 RED said:

I’m sure that with 20 years experience in pest control you know what your about.  But your knowledge of the potential side affects of Pyrethrum appear to be somewhat limited.

From the video it can be clearly seen that the 'volunteer' spays whatever into the face of the 'willing victim', so there is a high chance that the person will inhale/swallow whatever is being sprayed.   If the liquid being sprayed does contain pyrethrum, then I think there are grounds for concern.

Source:  US Environmental Protection Agency

Warning: Inhaling pyrethrum, on the other hand, is a more serious risk. Individual responses to inhaling pyrethrum insecticides vary, but inhaling pyrethrum can result in difficulty breathing, sneezing, nasal irritation, headache, nausea, swelling and flushing of the face, loss of coordination, tremors, convulsions, and a burning or itching sensation. Pyrethrum has a low chronic toxicity overall for humans, and the most common problem associated with contact or inhalation result from allergic responses.

Obviously the reaction which an individual will suffer will depend upon the concentration of the liquid that is being sprayed into their face. 

Allergic responses but agree not a good idea to inhale,or spray on to your skin.

• Thanks 1

Just goes to show you how easy it is to control the masses...like sheep to the slaughter! People getting in line to be sprayed with God knows what by some idiot who has no identification or authority to do so...and never question it! The educational system in Thailand has been very effective and the people are more than willing to be the victims of mass genocide perpetrated by the far more superior upper class bureaucrats when and if the time comes. Congratulations!