Government health minister: Watch out for "dirty farangs" spreading the virus in Thailand

webfact

DUCKING uneducated asshat 

All this blowhard talking about masks and in reality the masks do NOTHING to stop you getting infected.

So glad we are GTF of Thailand 

I dont want my child to be dumber by having morons like this as so call leadership...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ireland32 said:

Plus we can’t find any , only gel starting to be released now still no masks in Korat, maybe they hoarding from us

there have been several instances of Thai recycling used hospital face masks - one report showed huge bags of them being washed then ironed and packed up for resale as new - how disgusting is that

and then we had the Thai guy complaining earlier in the week about his face mask purchase of over 1 million baht all rotting before he could shift them to China lol 

• Like 2

I live in Chiang Mai:

1.  Shower at least 2x a day

2.  Always wear a mask when outside of my Apartment Complex

3.  Always carry my own Dettol Hand Sanitzer(which I had to buy on Lazada because not a single pharmacy had them).  

On the otherhand how many times has a foreigner observed employees at the mall not wash their hands after using the toilet?  Especially concerning if the employee is wearing a restaurant uniform.  

The minister was recently interviewed on Channel News Asia and he spoke English.  He did not say anything substantial but appeared professional.

2 minutes ago, zhounan said:

There is nothing to do, it is not a matter of the old generations, but a cultural problem, a real racism towards western peoples, that air of false tolerance you can breath everywhere, preconceptions and stereotypes that are probably installed in the minds of Thai people since childhood by a strongly controlled educational system.

I would say a class racism (because these kind of idiots obviously make out with the high class farangs).
Obviously all Western embassies are silent, because they don't care about ordinary people, they are here to do business, networking and spying.

Indeed. They are also here to try to force regime change on Thailand in secret, so perhaps this gaffe further justifies this in their eyes, to the point that remaining silent seems like the best strategy right now (then again, let's see whether governments start adding "be careful if you're a westerner" as they have sort of done in relation to Thailand being classified as a country where you should "exercise a high degree of caution, terrorists may be targeting venues where westerners gather"). This quote I am taking from Australia's "Smart Traveller" government advise website. Australia for it's part has considered the entirety of Thailand a place where one should "exercise a high degree of caution" for years, yet interestingly, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia are just "exercise normal precautions". In other words, Australia considers Isarn to be more dangerous than Sihanoukville.

4 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I live in Chiang Mai:

1.  Shower at least 2x a day

2.  Always wear a mask when outside of my Apartment Complex

3.  Always carry my own Dettol Hand Sanitzer(which I had to buy on Lazada because not a single pharmacy had them).  

On the otherhand how many times has a foreigner observed employees at the mall not wash their hands after using the toilet?  Especially concerning if the employee is wearing a restaurant uniform.  

The minister was recently interviewed on Channel News Asia and he spoke English.  He did not say anything substantial but appeared professional.

Can he even speak English? Besides, since he hates farang so much why is he speaking 'our' language?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

Imagine if a government official in, say, America said something like this about Thais.

OMG

Immediately gone, fired, never to return....  

If he keeps it up Thailand's tourism dependent economy will collapse or he will be "quietly" removed to save face. Since money and image are such important factors (especially for Thailand) I doubt he will last. Something has to give. You can't expect to twice insult an entire race of people and then still expect this same group of people to have confidence in the country by visiting or investing in it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tlandtday said:

Enough.  Time to act here.  I strongly encourage everyone to contact their embassies if even by just emailing as this can spiral out of control with these types of comments and lead to violence against all of us.  CONTACT YOUR EMBASSY. 

I agree. It can definitely lead to violence. Good advise, which I will be following.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tlandtday said:

Enough.  Time to act here.  I strongly encourage everyone to contact their embassies if even by just emailing as this can spiral out of control with these types of comments and lead to violence against all of us.  CONTACT YOUR EMBASSY. 

I'm going to write a letter to the lead singer of Echo & the Bunneymen

"Dear Mr Echo.............................."

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Simon Snake said:

"Dirty Farangs" - ie I resent that these much stronger, faster, richer, smarter, better looking male species get to lay more local p***y than me.  Irrespective of position; same subconscious narrative. 

Not sure how you can claim be "smarter" and then use such a dim comparison