Thailand health ministry reports five new coronavirus cases

webfact

Thailand health ministry reports five new coronavirus cases

2020-03-13T042153Z_1_LYNXMPEG2C0C6_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A lottery ticket seller wearing a protective mask waits for costumers after the coronavirus outbreak in Bangkok, Thailand March 12, 2020. REUTERS/Jorge Silva

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported five new coronavirus cases on Friday, the country's public health ministry said.

The new cases brought the country's total to 75.

(Reporting by Patpicha Tanakasempipat; Editing by Tom Hogue)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-03-13

Five new Covid-19 cases confirmed in Thailand

By The Nation

Five new coronavirus (Covid-19) cases were confirmed on Friday (March 13) by the Thai Public Health Ministry.

The new cases take the total number of infections in the country to 75. 

Meanwhile, worried citizens continue to find difficulty in buying face masks due to short supply and poor distribution by the government.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30383995

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-13
  • Sad 2

I have been told that there are so many people who are sick and not being tested probably just assuming they have the flu or maybe dont want the numbers of infected to include up country stats as well .

Sharing the same drinking glass causes a lot of country people who sit around in groups to get sick as i did the one time i shared with the labourers who building my house , never did it again .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, keith101 said:

I have been told that there are so many people who are sick and not being tested probably just assuming they have the flu or maybe dont want the numbers of infected to include up country stats as well .

I could repeat this and state i read many people are infected etc - I read it online, - be a great way to ensure panic, so far there is little to no evidence of this unless you have Facts?

• Like 1

Some countries health authorities report hundreds of new cases, but Thailand 1,2,4,5

Doubts and suspects are many. Especially when you think about ten thousands Chinese from Wuhan were in Thailand for tourism in the days of the Chinese peak, let us also not forget the enormous air pollution which undoubtedly contributes to the health of the lungs, and we know that this Covid-19 mainly attacks the lungs.

I am sure it's because of us !

It's because of slacker italians, of course!

Edited by zhounan
  • Like 1

The 73rd case was a 27-year-old Thai woman who had returned from South Korea and was admitted at Nopparatrajathanee Hospital.

After her return, she started to get sick. She went to hang out with 11 friends at a pub. 

The 74th victim was her brother and the 75th was her female friend. They were sharing food and booze, and had a long conversations in close proximity. Eight other close contacts have been called to take Covid-19 test.

This proves Thais are not in control of the virus, pity there is no Minister for Health who is competent.

What was she thinking, sick and shares food and booze????

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So, now they are sending people with pending results to home. I take that as an indication some hospitals are getting full.

Per this report from JUN 2019, the government hospitals in Thailand were already full even before the COVID-19 hit:

However, although (Thailand) state hospitals may be found across the
country, their ability to serve patients is limited in some locations, as can be seen from the following: (i) The bed occupancy rate is high and in some areas is close to or over 100%.

At present, the occupancy rate stands at 103% in Satun, 98% in Loei, 96% in Phuket, Mukdahan and Surat Thani, and 94% in Udon Thani and Pathum Thani, so it appears that at least in some areas, the supply of government hospital beds is insufficient to meet demand;

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/587ccdaa-91a8-4305-a86f-30ea43558f0b/IO_Private_Hospital_190624_EN_EX.aspx

Edited by SkyFax
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, unamazedloso said:

please give locations! i know of people in bkk that are positive and im not seeing verification in the media. Why? Hiding real stats much? Hope the government gets sick....

no details given because they couldn't blame a farang

1 hour ago, zhounan said:

Some countries health authorities report hundreds of new cases, but Thailand 1,2,4,5

Doubts and suspects are many. Especially when you think about ten thousands Chinese from Wuhan were in Thailand for tourism in the days of the Chinese peak, let us also not forget the enormous air pollution which undoubtedly contributes to the health of the lungs, and we know that this Covid-19 mainly attacks the lungs.

It's because of slacker italians, of course!

Ten thousand Chinese means that errr....half a Chinese was infected. Infection rate about 1/20,000. Lets hope it was his left side, eh?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

Per this report from JUN 2019, the government hospitals in Thailand were already full even before the COVID-19 hit:

However, although (Thailand) state hospitals may be found across the
country, their ability to serve patients is limited in some locations, as can be seen from the following: (i) The bed occupancy rate is high and in some areas is close to or over 100%.

At present, the occupancy rate stands at 103% in Satun, 98% in Loei, 96% in Phuket, Mukdahan and Surat Thani, and 94% in Udon Thani and Pathum Thani, so it appears that at least in some areas, the supply of government hospital beds is insufficient to meet demand;

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/587ccdaa-91a8-4305-a86f-30ea43558f0b/IO_Private_Hospital_190624_EN_EX.aspx

Thanks, there's also the explanation why there isn't a social media fervor going on about hospitals being overrun: They are always overrun, it's the new normal. Nothing to see here folks, move along.

• Like 1