Thailand health ministry reports five new coronavirus cases

webfact

Unfortunately, most of the masks I have seen readily available here are primarily to protect from dust and pollen.  Little to no value for the Corona virus.  Only reason for foreigners to be wearing them would be if they were coughing or sneezing to protect others.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sapson said:

Stunning really the UK near 10,000 infected and here less than 100, really truly amazing Thaland.

Health minister blaming farangs for not wearing a mask yet his fellow ministers cronies allegedly seemed to have acquired a few million.....

Meanwhile every pharmacy and 7/11 in my area are sold out....so how exactly would numb nuts expect us farangs along with his own people be able to buy and wear one.?

If I looked like that I'd wear facemask full time.

2 hours ago, DrTuner said:

From MoPH's report from yesterday, only available in Thai: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no69-120363_2.pdf

1828 pending results - 1504 admitted in hospitals. So, now they are sending people with pending results to home. I take that as an indication some hospitals are getting full. 

Self quarantine and take them off the list... hospitals are empty.
No problem here

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

I could repeat this and state i read many people are infected etc - I read it online, - be a great way to ensure panic, so far there is little to no evidence of this unless you have Facts?

They already telling us 11 infected on 28 Feb and announce on 12 March. That fact. Comment was don't worry they haven't infected anybody else. Now today they have. Total bs.

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

The ministry states over 5,000 people under investigation for the virus but cant  find anywhere that will tell you what Province or how many .

Why should they expect us to wear masks if we dont know where the infected persons are .

Or tell you the  status of nearly 2000 currently hospitilized because all test results are "pending" until released from hospital. Reminds me a shell game.

https://www.gifbay.com/gif/kido_the_cat_wins_the_shell_game-25107/

image.png.35d376d25aefaf172fd07dbb4e7d1866.png

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyFax said:

Per this report from JUN 2019, the government hospitals in Thailand were already full even before the COVID-19 hit:

However, although (Thailand) state hospitals may be found across the
country, their ability to serve patients is limited in some locations, as can be seen from the following: (i) The bed occupancy rate is high and in some areas is close to or over 100%.

At present, the occupancy rate stands at 103% in Satun, 98% in Loei, 96% in Phuket, Mukdahan and Surat Thani, and 94% in Udon Thani and Pathum Thani, so it appears that at least in some areas, the supply of government hospital beds is insufficient to meet demand;

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/587ccdaa-91a8-4305-a86f-30ea43558f0b/IO_Private_Hospital_190624_EN_EX.aspx

Of course, at 30 baht per stay, everybody is at the hospital. 

Including the patients' families, there are much more people at your local hospital than at your local market. 

Wonderful for spreading viruses among the population... 

45 minutes ago, sangtip2 said:

The fact is if it costs 3000 Bt  or more for a test very few people will be tested and the "Official"  count is only the people who have been tested .       This is why the "Official" numbers look so low.    

More than 10,000 baht per test in fact... 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, CGW said:

I don't believe they are capable of hiding much for long - its been a while now!

Maybe the facts are going to "break" now - we will see?

They have been hiding (denying) the existence of prostitution in Pattaya for years... 

If you don't count it, it doesn't exist... whatever it is... 

7 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Of course, at 30 baht per stay, everybody is at the hospital. 

Including the patients' families, there are much more people at your local hospital than at your local market. 

Wonderful for spreading viruses among the population... 

... and the hospital medical and administrative staff.

3 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

please give locations! i know of people in bkk that are positive and im not seeing verification in the media. Why? Hiding real stats much? Hope the government gets sick....

USA and Europe are out of control. They are hiding data in a massive scale. Thailand is learning from them how to hide data. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

USA and Europe are out of control. They are hiding data in a massive scale. Thailand is learning from them how to hide data. 

They are not really hiding data, it's just that they don't test.

Those who test, like South Korea or Italy, come up with catastrophic results...the others prefer to stay in the shade.

The problem is that the economy and the markets don't care, they just go as if everyone was infected...confirmed or not.

Interestingly, the worst affected market is the Thai SET...do markets know something that the Thai authorities don't, or pretend not to?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

The ministry states over 5,000 people under investigation for the virus but cant  find anywhere that will tell you what Province or how many .

Why should they expect us to wear masks if we dont know where the infected persons are .

Because the majority probably have seasonal flu or other ailments. There is no need to create unnecessary panic. 

1 hour ago, sangtip2 said:

The fact is if it costs 3000 Bt  or more for a test very few people will be tested and the "Official"  count is only the people who have been tested .       This is why the "Official" numbers look so low.    

Actually... test costs 1.6 Eur. The owner of factory producing majority of them states that with all the labour the price should not exceed 10 EUR (but that's in an article in German), the price of 100 pack being 160 Eur is in this article though: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/a-berlin-biotech-company-got-a-head-start-on-coronavirus-tests

In German article he also says that he gives 50% discount to WHO and that he sends them to poor countries without charge. So charging up to 300$ per testing is a waste of money (that's his words as well).

Link to article in German:

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/berlin/tib-molbiol-berliner-firma-produziert-coronavirus-tests-fuer-die-ganze-welt/25602142.html

Quote: "Rund 2,50 Euro koste einer seiner Tests, erklärt der Firmeninhaber. Mit Arbeitskosten und dergleichen dürften die Labore eigentlich nicht mehr als zehn Euro verlangen, rechnet er vor. Dass ein Test um die 300 Euro kosten solle, könne er sich nur mit einer „riesigen Geldverschwendung“ erklären."

Translation: One of these tests costs 2.50 Euro, explains the company owner. With labour costs and such, the labs should not charge more than 10 Euro, he predicts. That a test would cost 300 Euro can only be explained as a huge waste of money.

Edited by tomazbodner
added German article link, quote and translation

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

I'm in Yasothon.I'm sure I've got it but haven't tested.I have/had most of the symptoms but no fever when I got checked at Makro today it said 35.5 degrees.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

What a guy the health minister Of Thailand is how come they don’t publish the real numbers and why doesn’t he blamed the Chinese instead of the foreigners we all know where it started right TIT

What real numbers? All confirmed cases are published. There could be many reasons why the current number is low - the lack of testing and the numbers are actually low, are two of them. The virus also thrives in cold, dry climates. Hence it is hitting harder in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment. 

• Like 1

This really is more serious than just a stupid comment. This man is in charge of the Thai Nations health and he comes up with this blame the farrangs rubbish. His government needs to vet all his comments. He’s a loose cannon just saying things to do what? Upset the very few that are still trying to support his country. Anyone that has arrived in the last month will have been checked, so will be clear. Any that have been here over a month are obviously clear anyway. The fact that farrangs walk around without a face mask is two fold, firstly WHO have said they are only needed if you are infected so you don’t give it to other people and second as most of the people in Thailand that are farrangs are happy to be around other farrangs as they don’t have either. So health minister shut your dirty mouth as you talk s^*t,

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Latest confirmed case just now, Thai actor Matthew Dean reporting he has COVID-19 and warning his friends to get themselves checked. Posted on his instagram account and reported by Richard Barrow

But not officially confirmed, I suppose. Now it's starting to surface, private hospitals like the Christian one in Bangkok have acquired capability for testing and the bottleneck at NIH is surfacing in all it's ugly glory. 

37 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Actually... test costs 1.6 Eur. The owner of factory producing majority of them states that with all the labour the price should not exceed 10 EUR (but that's in an article in German), the price of 100 pack being 160 Eur is in this article though: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-12/a-berlin-biotech-company-got-a-head-start-on-coronavirus-tests

That's just the reagents used in the PCR process. You have to add labor, other materials and of course profit. 

In Thailand NIH uses these: https://www.who.int/docs/default-source/coronaviruse/conventional-rt-pcr-followed-by-sequencing-for-detection-of-ncov-rirl-nat-inst-health-t.pdf?sfvrsn=42271c6d_4

Materials & Methods
1.1 Macherey-Nagel Nucleospin RNA virus (Cat. No 740956)
1.2 Invitrogen superscriptTM III Platinum One-Step Quantitative (Cat No.11732-020 or 11732-088)

However I think now they might be moving to another process, which was just announced today in another thread.

Edited by DrTuner

Haha, the health ministry, under the health minister and deputy PM, a convicted drug trafficker who did five years jail in Aus for drugs, how on earth did he even become a member of parliament, the laughing stock of the world and dirty farangs...