Official called a liar for claiming no shortage of masks

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the guy is from the same gang as Prayut, wouldn't expect the truth from any of them

So is the PPP MP accusing the trade minister guy of being a liar!!!  It's one of their own people, at least by party affiliation, who's pointing the finger...

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and that's BKK... now imagine the ones like me living out there in a small country side city, nothing available at all

My wife went home to visit her parents upcountry this past weekend in a good sized city. She checked around 4 different pharmacies while there -- none had any masks or hand gel for sale.

She said they did have the the standard 450 ml bottles of pure alcohol in stock, but were reserving those for hospitals and not selling those to the general public... and instead, only a much smaller sized bottle.

A couple days ago, the wife and I were walking thru the Chong Nonsi BTS station midafternoon and came across a queue line of probably 100 Thais.... It turned out to be some temple that was giving away paper masks and small vials of hand gel, 1 mask per person.

39 minutes ago, Ian Nagle said:

And........ the masks are useless anyway, according to health experts. They do NOT protect against Covid-19 Coronavirus.

Go on! ruin the illusion for the masses :shock1:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished supper, and asked my wife if the hospital received any masks yet (there has be a shortage/none).  She said "No, cannot buy anywhere and still waiting for any mask that will arrive from orders.  Nothing available in town." 

Edited by CanuckThai

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

As I mentioned here previously...

After reading the news reports about the government supposedly restocking the supply of masks, my wife earlier this week went around to or called 6 different large pharmacies in BKK -- 3 in the OnNut area and 3 out by Victory Monument near the govt hospitals complex there...

NONE of the six had any masks, alcohol hand gel or related supplies for sale.

Same experience here in OnNut and Phra Khanong area

There is certainly a shortage of masks. I went to more than 10 pharmacies today and most of them said 'sold out'.

The ones that do have supply have a long queue of Thai people waiting outside for surgical masks. I am not talking about the cloth mask which is practically useless.

I can't find any N95 mask just surgical mask in one shop.

I have looked for over a week and a half at 7-11, Pharmacies such as Boots, Watson's, and The Lab, with no luck as no one has any.  Over a week ago I checked at the government pharmacy in the basement of the Chaeng Wathana Immigration complex, and was told we do not have any.  This was the day after the Minister said they would be available.......liars and thieves all of them....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

And........ the masks are useless anyway, according to health experts. They do NOT protect against Covid-19 Coronavirus.

indeed, the WHO and public health departments in many western countries clearly state that mask wearing will do little to prevent infection.

if you have the virus a mask may help prevent passing it onto others.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

it is so pathetic and predictable. 

what is it going to take?

Due to a shortage of N95 or Surgical masks, from his profile picture, it looks like NCC1701A has now taken to wearing ladies knickers on his face... 

• Haha 1

Wear the masks when necessary. I do it on public transport, but that’s more so to appease others. Practise good hygiene and avoid close contact and crowds. 

I’m not saying the masks are useless, but we must make sure that sick people and medical professionals have them before all others. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 2