Official called a liar for claiming no shortage of masks

snoop1130

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

There are no masks at all and there hasn't been any for weeks now.

That's not entirely true. For the foreigner who really wants a mask. I found them available for 100 baht each on soi 4 Nana. At those prices though it is no wonder the health Minister doesn't see many foreigners wearing masks. 

1 minute ago, thesetat2013 said:

That's not entirely true. For the foreigner who really wants a mask. I found them available for 100 baht each on soi 4 Nana. At those prices though it is no wonder the health Minister doesn't see many foreigners wearing masks. 

but were they real masks or counterfeits or re-washed ones.......

19 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

And........ the masks are useless anyway, according to health experts. They do NOT protect against Covid-19 Coronavirus.

You'll notice (photo) he subscribes to statements from the WHO, US CDC, UK NHS, etc. that masks are just about worthless at preventing Covid-19.

21 hours ago, Ian Nagle said:

And........ the masks are useless anyway, according to health experts. They do NOT protect against Covid-19 Coronavirus.

They can stop contagious people from spreading it, symptomatic or not

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

I'm in Hua Hin, no masks anywhere for weeks now.

2 hours ago, Mung said:

They can stop contagious people from spreading it, symptomatic or not

That is the only real use for many of these masks.

Practice good hygiene -wash your hands (to an area above and beyond your wrists) with soap frequently and always before touching any part of your face. Be aware of the surfaces you touch - the virus can live for up to 9 hours on hard surfaces but for very little time on soft/absorbent surfaces.

Edited by lvr181

40 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

That is the only real use for many of these masks.

Practice good hygiene -wash your hands (to an area above and beyond your wrists) with soap frequently and always before touching any part of your face. Be aware of the surfaces you touch - the virus can live for up to 9 hours on hard surfaces but for very little time on soft/absorbent surfaces.

At the stage where you have many people mingling around, if everybody wore a mask there would be a whole lot less infections being transmitted. Not because the well people are protected, but because the ill people would pass on the virus at a far lower rate 

Edited by Mung
  • Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 6:15 PM, NCC1701A said:

it is so pathetic and predictable. 

what is it going to take?

Friend was asked by his wife to buy a box of masks for the school where she's a teacher.

At the local pharmacy the box had gone from 40 baht to 900 baht.

20 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

I went to Big C Ekamai yesterday and there were many (hundreds) of cloth masks at 20 baht each. Max 2 per customer. Gel sanitizer too. I forget the price (about 50 baht) Max 3 per customer.

Actually I didn't see many people wearing masks at all. I walked past a small outdoor restaurant and counted 20 people. Not one was wearing a mask. Not sure if it is because they can't find them or they just don't want to wear them.

Some posters here talk about different shops cleaning down trollies, giving gel to customers. Yes, I noticed that at several places yesterday, but not to ALL customers. Often the desks were unmanned and the bottle was empty.

Anyway, I think Thailand is doing a good job even though we all complain. The virus has been here for some time now and only 70+ cases. Look at Europe now. Oh - the girlfriend insists that they have a high number of cases because "farangs don't wear masks and are dirty". I wonder where she got that idea from. 

• Haha 1