Anutin to propose temporary closure of entertainment venues to fight Covid-19

rooster59

2 minutes ago, puchooay said:

He should keep the soapy massage parlours open. That will negate the dirty farang issue.????

We should all have to visit the soapy massage regularly as soap kills most viruses..... Well, thats my excuse anyway.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, madmitch said:

Just seen on Twitter the PM has stated entertainment venues won't be shut down for the time being.

So we can expect an announcement saying the opposite tomorrow!

The income from profits from ownership and fees for "informal licencing and security provision"  with regard to entertainment venues are a very significant part of police income. It is a huge sophisticated operation, with the money distributed up and down the chain of command, rather as prize money was in Nelsons Navy. 

It would be a brave man who shuts that down, especially as the loyalty and support of the police may be needed in the near future...

• Like 2

Chinese capital Beijing to send all international arrivals to quarantine facilities

People arriving from abroad had previously been allowed to undergo the mandatory two-week quarantine at home, but now only those in "special circumstances" will be exempted from being sent to facilities where they must pay for their stay, local Communist Party newspaper Beijing Daily reported on Sunday (Mar 15).

These visitors will be quarantined for 14 days for observation, a city government official said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-beijing-quarantine-travellers-china-imported-cases-12539986#.Xm4IMDRpBzw.twitter

Edited by NCC1701A

17 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

Chinese capital Beijing to send all international arrivals to quarantine facilities

People arriving from abroad had previously been allowed to undergo the mandatory two-week quarantine at home, but now only those in "special circumstances" will be exempted from being sent to facilities where they must pay for their stay, local Communist Party newspaper Beijing Daily reported on Sunday (Mar 15).

These visitors will be quarantined for 14 days for observation, a city government official said.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/coronavirus-beijing-quarantine-travellers-china-imported-cases-12539986#.Xm4IMDRpBzw.twitter

They've finally realised the lockdown won't prevent the spread from other sources

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

He said that he would propose many measures to the committee, chaired by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha, on Monday.

All dirty foreigners, or those who do not wear a mask in bars and/or catch bananas, or Ping Pong Balls from any freelancers who in reality do not exist, will be prosecuted.

desperate face regaining measures... detain all his detractors

Just a simple question... I flew into country 3 mornings ago from India....... why wasn't I temperature checked???  Another friend flew in from Australia... he wasn't temp checked as well?????????

I flew to India 3 + weeks ago...... everyone was temp checked, everyday filled out a new form explaining where they had been in recent weeks etc.

But Thailand......NOTHING

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

How long before Anutin comes out with deportation for dirty Farangs not wearing masks? Or enforced Hazmat suits for Farangs?

Seriously, I see total world shut down is about to happen. You will not be able to enter or leave any country. A bit late when its already everywhere.

Interesting to compare reactions of different nationalities:- The Thais bury their heads in the sand (nothing to see here / ignorance is bliss).

While in America, total panic will ensue and a stock market crash like never seen before.

Meanwhile the French, predictably..... have already surrendered.

prepare for thailand to change sides

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, madmitch said:

Just seen on Twitter the PM has stated entertainment venues won't be shut down for the time being.

So we can expect an announcement saying the opposite tomorrow!

My friend who owns a bar in Pattaya has been told to shut down for 30 days as of tomorrow, apparently it applies to everyone but will have to wait and see how well this is enforced.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They've finally realised the lockdown won't prevent the spread from other sources

No, they had the plan in place from weeks ago. I came back to China a week gone Friday and I've been in quarantine since. Thailand wasn't even on the agenda then but that didn't matter. Away for 14 days. 6 to go.

China doesn't finally realise, it plans to the nth degree.

10 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Far too late for that. The move now has to be to contain it within individual countries. But I just cannot understand the panic. Okay, it appears to be transmitted easily but It is for most a mild flu-like illness that lasts a few days. And only an infinitesimal number of people have been affected when you consider the number of people in those countries. That, to me, doesn't warrant closing down entire countries, It's overkill on steroids, and millions around the world could have their business and livelihood destroyed as a result.

I've been asking people I know on social media if anyone personally knows of anyone who has or had the virus, and the answer so far is zero.

How can someone say they have it when they have not been tested.  Better to ask what flu like symptoms have you had in recent months.  Then you will get the reality of the situation.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i was about to say expect a announcement soon from Thai Immigration about mandatory home quarantine for Farangs on a retirement extension of stay.  this seems more than possible.

the visa holders with WP will be told something else like work at  home if you can. 

You dont half come out with some claptrap. Do you spend all day on here thinking of the next nonsence post.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JAG said:

The income from profits from ownership and fees for "informal licencing and security provision"  with regard to entertainment venues are a very significant part of police income. It is a huge sophisticated operation, with the money distributed up and down the chain of command, rather as prize money was in Nelsons Navy. 

It would be a brave man who shuts that down, especially as the loyalty and support of the police may be needed in the near future...

So the bars are being kept open by the pm, onlyto keep the policy in gravy.

Yeah that sounds right. 

6 hours ago, losworld said:
17 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Far too late for that. The move now has to be to contain it within individual countries. But I just cannot understand the panic. Okay, it appears to be transmitted easily but It is for most a mild flu-like illness that lasts a few days. And only an infinitesimal number of people have been affected when you consider the number of people in those countries. That, to me, doesn't warrant closing down entire countries, It's overkill on steroids, and millions around the world could have their business and livelihood destroyed as a result.

I've been asking people I know on social media if anyone personally knows of anyone who has or had the virus, and the answer so far is zero.

How can someone say they have it when they have not been tested.  Better to ask what flu like symptoms have you had in recent months.  Then you will get the reality of the situation.

And I think that, in a northern winter, you might find that quite a number have. And that is normal. And it's flu, not the virus.

Personally i think its infected ,passed on and now the 'herd immunity' is present in many entertainment zones and due to their age etc now nobody is showing signs of sickness as it were remembering its been in Thailand 3-4 months and nothing like Europe/US is being experienced .

My issue with closing down the entertainment areas is if all the workers from Bars,Restaurants,discos etc etc go home to their villages where their parents,children and elderly relatives are who have not been exposed then we would see a spike in infections and more deaths due to age and village life style

Just my thoughts of course...