Ramkhaeng Hospital sets up mobile clinic in parking lot for Covid-19 testing

rooster59

Ramkhaeng Hospital sets up mobile clinic in parking lot for Covid-19 testing

By THE NATION

800_bcbb304b172807c.jpg

Ramkhamhaeng Hospital in Bangkok is offering a "drive-thru" service for Covid-19 checking at a cost of Bt6,500.

The hospital has prepared a mobile clinic at its parking lot, with a ready medical team and supplies, for those who want to test if they are infected. The clinic is about 150 metres from the hospital building. This service is available every day from 8am to 6pm.

Before arriving at the mobile clinic, people must register by filling the hospital’s online application form. Those who have registered can drive through the service point for collection of samples medically from their nasal cavity and throat.

The samples will be sent to the lab, and the result will be informed online through the application provided by the hospital.

“Ramkhamhaeng Hospital has prepared the hospitals in its network to serve those infected by Covid-19,” the hospital said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384092

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-15

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, saengd said:

I don't see the point of people wanting to be tested, either you're sick and need to go to the hospital or you're not, or you're sick and don't need to go to the hospital so go home to bed.

Or you're infected and asymptomatic, thereby walking around infecting others unkowingly

Just now, saengd said:

That was a question, as evidenced by the squirly character with the dot underneath it at the end of the sentence.

Which didnt warrent an answer becasue it had nothing to do with the origianl coment and showed more about your mentality than it sought to clarrify. Its that degree of willful denial which almost assures the continued spread. I dont agree with charging people for testing in a pandemic, South Korea and Taiwan are doing this properly with free testing to all that want it. I'm not gonna get into a nonsensical, silly back and forth with an ostrich.

3 minutes ago, lupin said:

Which didnt warrent an answer becasue it had nothing to do with the origianl coment and showed more about your mentality than it sought to clarrify. Its that degree of willful denial which almost assures the continued spread. I dont agree with charging people for testing in a pandemic, South Korea and Taiwan are doing this properly with free testing to all that want it. I'm not gonna get into a nonsensical, silly back and forth with an ostrich.

Calm down for gods sake and stop jumping to imaginary conclusions, I only asked you a question!

So, you think that voluntary testing in Thailand is a good thing but that it must be free. Do you really think that Thai people in general as that civic and socially minded to want to do that, I personally doubt it very much.

5 hours ago, saengd said:

I don't see the point of people wanting to be tested, either you're sick and need to go to the hospital or you're not, or you're sick and don't need to go to the hospital so go home to bed.

there's a lot that is still unknown, but I know in Canada they don't want people flocking in for a test, the hospital systems are overloaded as it is..

• Like 1

"Those who have registered can drive through the service point for collection of samples medically from their nasal cavity and throat."

Oh great. Now the wife will have one more arrow in quiver in trying to get a car out of me. Hmmm could a pedestrian take a taxi? (joking)

WHO head says all countries must Test, test, test People shouldn't be paying anything, governments need to get a grip of this. These people are no better than the people hoarding toilet rolls or the ones charging £12 for anti bacterial hand cleanser.

I am certainly not going to pay 6500 Bahts for a test which will be of no benefit to me. What happens if I am tested positive? I'll be sent to one of these prison camps, where I could well die from deprivation from the normal comforts of life. And if I develop the dreaded pneumonia no hospital in Thailand will be able to help me anyway. So follow the social distancing recommendations and hope for the best is the only choice we have.

Hospitals have a price-tag on the card of 10.000 for the private and 8000 for some government hospitals.

So RH offering the test on 6500 is low priced but still too high and I personally don't agree with this greed from the hospitals.

The real price of the test is a small part of the bill.

Test and the costs should be covered by the government reserves.

People without money, even those in the benefit scheme are not going to test.

The government did give a discount on the insurance for the next 6 months (336thb instead of 432thb) to shuu the people.

Fine, but that's not enough to cover the test.

Profiteering on these tests is shameful, when it's in the interest of society as a whole the government should be bankrolling all testing. They could do so very easily at a fraction of the military budgetary excesses, and in the process buy back some of the public goodwill they're always craving. 

A major problem with the test however is that in the 24 hours taken to get the result, someone could easily have picked up the infection. A negative test from a few days ago isn't really a guarantee of anything unless someone has been in proper quarantine.

As things move forward and more and more people will have been exposed to the virus, it's going to become increasingly important to have an affordable test which indicates whether a person has actually had the virus already, and therefore has immunity and is neutralised - as either spreader or catcher.