Trump urges U.S. to halt most social activity in virus fight, warns of recession

webfact

17 minutes ago, zydeco said:

Where do people see pent up demand driving the market back up after this is over? Pent up demand for what? Toilet paper? Many, many people will have lost income and probably a great many will lose jobs. People in the US will also be maxing out those 20 percent interest credit cards just to pay the mortgage and buy food and medicine. Sort of hard to see them in four or five months saying, "Whew! Glad it's all over. I need an iPhone and a big screen TV, some Belgian chocolate, and big new SUV, and new furniture for the house. Then, we'll take another month off to go on a cruise! Yea!" And then it will be getting close to the beginning of next flu season, when this all may return in either milder or, like in 1919, more lethal form.

Good thing I wasn't eating or drinking when I first heard POTUS mention pent up demand....my poor wife would have been showered.  Obviously an unrestrained con man spiel.  He must have a very low opinion of the public.

5 hours ago, gamb00ler said:
8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why is testing a federal responsibility? Isn't it a state responsibility?

The answer is pretty easy to find.  FDA CDC are clues.

Trump loves it when people don't know who's responsible for what, ignorance replaces common sense/knowledge and people accept the fact that no he's not taking responsibility for whatever you are asking.

You win, Trump, my non-MANGA hat to you!

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Lmao.... my POV is that y’all are the haters... haters of democracy.

but anyway.... as you’ve already inflated the balloon, who is blaming trump for the virus?

methinks your argument, if that is what it is, is deflective of trumps poor performance, by trying to claim something else has been said... or your very suggestive to conspiracy theories. Probably the latter, given who your trying to defend.... lol... and the best defense is to run around doing the trump. “They hate me, they hate me!”.

now that’s sad

You mean your version of "democracy" 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

What gibberish

All western countries took months to act

Only 6k dead

600k will die from flu this yr

Trump will win election

Cheers

Lmao... but but but... but hey, if you truly believe that trump did a good job in handling the virus, then god speed.

• Sad 1

webfact's OP:

The president has taken criticism for playing down the seriousness of the virus in the early days of its U.S. spread. On Monday, when asked, he gave himself a good grade for his response.

44 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Are they still bothering with counting the liars lies and mistruths?

39 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

When you haters going to get real?

Blaming Trump for a Chinese virus is just sad.

jany123's post referred to webfact's OP which remarked about Trump's grade for his response.  How did you manage to misinterpret that to mean Trump was being blamed for the virus.

Is there a remedial reading class offered in your area?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

You mean your version of "democracy" 

Yes. Sure... you use your understanding of things to shape your opinions of those things, don’t you?... if not, do you at least attempt to honestly compare things across different platforms, to develop your opinion... or do you wait for it to be given to you?

i hope that’s ok... especially as the post you relied on was a response to another poster, who’s version of airing opposing values appears to promote the viewpoint that to speak of those opposing values is to hate trump.

so there was his version of something... my version of something... go on and add a version as well, if you wish.... or was that snideness all you had?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Lmao... but but but... but hey, if you truly believe that trump did a good job in handling the virus, then god speed.

Everything is easy in hindsight. All countries should have banned flights from China straight away.

But they didnt. Big whoop. A bunch of sick people have died. They were going to get the flu and die anyway.

But hey Trump trump trump

Haters r gunna hate

Yet 12,000 yanks died under Obama Swine flu lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chiphigh said:

Would you be able to get past obvious lack of objectivity, if after this, the administration makes sweeping changes to the cdc, fda and the regulations ....

Edited to remove the trump talking point.

i would fully expect sweeping changes to be made... or at least to be discussed, (which serves the same purpose) as an after action review will be essential to move forward.... to not would confirm the belief that the administration is incompetent.

i see others answered trumps opinion piece.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Everything is easy in hindsight. All countries should have banned flights from China straight away.

But they didnt. Big whoop. A bunch of sick people have died. They were going to get the flu and die anyway.

But hey Trump trump trump

Haters r gunna hate

Yet 12,000 yanks died under Obama Swine flu lol

C’mon.... how many world leaders ran about prioritizing the stock market over this outbreaks response?

a little honesty would make you more credible.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, jany123 said:

C’mon.... how many world leaders ran about prioritizing the stock market over this outbreaks response?

a little honesty would make you more credible.

Weird comment. Makes no sense. All western govs took a while. Economies are getting ruined.

But Trump haters r gunna hate.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is what is going to be most troubling about this. A lot of corporations borrowed money to buy back their own shares (and artificially inflate EPS, get exec bonuses, and draw in retail sheep). Now, many of them are going through a cash crunch. Some, such as Boeing, will be asking for taxpayer bailouts.  And they will ask for those bailouts because they don't want to sell the stocks they bought back at super inflated prices. They have the money, they just do not want to sell, because their phony balance sheets will be revealed for a fraud and stock prices will crater even further (which they should do). This is how all you taxpayers who are losing your jobs, seeing your income evaporate, and watching inflation take off, this is how all of you keep Boeing management in their multi-million dollar homes, private jets, Rolls Royces, and cases of champagne and caviar.

• Like 2