Quarantine for S. Korea Thai workers ended after 5 days

Rimmer

40 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

If they are NOT BEING TESTED it is recommended to isolate for 14 days as this will allow time for the symptoms to show.

If you ARE TESTED and clear there is no need to quarantine for the full 14 days as you don't have the virus.

What do you not understand?

I did not say that...you have the wrong quote !

What do you not understand about quoting posts ????????...

22 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I see that as a risk, it is not rocket science as you said but virology, which I know little of. How quickly does an infected person show up on the test? 

That depends on the testing facility.. here in Thailand it could take a few hours to a few days to get results, depending where they are sent and what priority they are given.

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

That depends on the testing facility.. here in Thailand it could take a few hours to a few days to get results, depending where they are sent and what priority they are given.

You answered a question not asked, but those timings need to be considered. A person is asymptomatic for a time after infection, but I wanted to understand how well the test worked... is an infected person undetectable for an initial time period... an incubation period perhaps?

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

but I wanted to understand how well the test worked... is an infected person undetectable for an initial time period... an incubation period perhaps?

The test works at the time of testing... if a person is infected the test will show it.

However to prevent infection after testing prior to getting the results they should remain isolated from anyone!

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The test works at the time of testing... if a person is infected the test will show it.

However to prevent infection after testing prior to getting the results they should remain isolated from anyone!

I was just surprised by the relatively quick release. I take your answer to mean the test is effective 10 seconds after a person becomes infected..... great.