This is a screaming buy...what funds/shares are you buying?

2 hours ago, Brunolem said:

Trump is gonna jump through the roof if the dollar keeps on climbing and ask the Fed to do something about it.

What the Fed could then do would be to start buying gold, which is what many other central banks have done recently.

Yes ! Trump may to do something we are not expecting.

If this matches 2008 then the dollar could soon fall hard, but in early 2009 it rose  even higher again before going into a proper downtrend.

Oddly enough the dollar and gold rose together in early 2009 as the crisis deepened leading to QE.

I have been updating my info on 2008 - 09  on Gold vs USD vs DJIA. Time to watch USD vs Gold and the market.

I will post the chart so that people can make their own conclusions.

PS: Article today in Bloomberg "Buy Gold ‘Right Here and Now,’ Top Wealth Manager Says".

Its not me that's saying this. Make your own judgement / DYOR.

This has been a repetitive theme for the last year. You either believe it or you don't.

We are also lucky here in Thailand that we can buy gold across the counter easily.

• Thanks 1

Here is the chart comparing gold vs DXY (USD index) vs DJIA in 2008 2009 crisis.

I had to turn it sideways to get the image quality better. You will just have to turn it back to the vertical.

I am trying to steer clear of making any financial advice here.

People need to take into account historical information. But , the past may not predict future.

Make your own judgement.

GOLD DXY DJIA during crash 2008-09.JPG

• Thanks 1

I don't think I will make the mistake of forecasting the market again. In this volatile climate the trick is to wait until the trend is clear and then jump on for a while. 

The trend is your friend.

The swings we see now are huge, and give plenty of time to jump on for a ride. I'm talking forex markets, which includes Gold vs USD.

I mentioned Wynn a few days ago.

Got some blah blah from know nothings.

I set a buy under 40.  It hit 35 yesterday.

Today 52.  

So, I am up almost 30% in one day!.

I did decide to trade it rather then long term,  So, set a great profit stop at a certain point.

Geez, can practically buy a Pattaya condo from one day profits.

Yeehaa.

Mother of all buying opportunities.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Today 52.  

I did decide to trade it rather then long term,  So, set a great profit stop at a certain point.

Yeehaa.

Yah, that checks out. Good call, well done.

14 hours ago, jojothai said:

Yes ! Trump may to do something we are not expecting.

If this matches 2008 then the dollar could soon fall hard, but in early 2009 it rose  even higher again before going into a proper downtrend.

Oddly enough the dollar and gold rose together in early 2009 as the crisis deepened leading to QE.

I have been updating my info on 2008 - 09  on Gold vs USD vs DJIA. Time to watch USD vs Gold and the market.

I will post the chart so that people can make their own conclusions.

PS: Article today in Bloomberg "Buy Gold ‘Right Here and Now,’ Top Wealth Manager Says".

This has been a repetitive theme for the last year. You either believe it or you don't.

We are also lucky here in Thailand that we can buy gold across the counter easily.

I have been buying gold, mostly last year.

I buy as an insurance and not to try to make a profit.

My fear is hyperinflation, because the central banks are going to create money like mad, the governments are going to freely hand it ($ 1,000 per adult per month in the US), but mostly because hyperinflation is the most convenient way to get rid of the mountains of debt that are smothering the world economy.

Just now, Brunolem said:

I have been buying gold, mostly last year.

I buy as an insurance and not to try to make a profit.

My fear is hyperinflation, because the central banks are going to create money like mad, the governments are going to freely hand it ($ 1,000 per adult per month in the US), but mostly because hyperinflation is the most convenient way to get rid of the mountains of debt that are smothering the world economy.

What do YOU mean when you write that the Central Banks are going to create money?

2 minutes ago, saengd said:

What do YOU mean when you write that the Central Banks are going to create money?

Have you heard about QE?

Have you seen the US Fed balance sheet lately?

And where exactly is the money going to come from to finance these hundreds of billions in rescue programs in Western countries?

Just now, Brunolem said:

Have you heard about QE?

And where exactly is the money going to come from to finance these hundreds of billions in rescue programs in Western countries?

You didn't answer the question which was very specific and clear, I presume that means you don't know the answer and it's too late to say, I knew that or that's what I meant by QE! 

Mostly for others, it doesn't mean printing currency, this is what it means:  https://www.thebalance.com/is-the-federal-reserve-printing-money-3305842

A couple of points to be made here:

One is that posters are using terms across the board that they don't really understand, they are fashionable terms that are being used and not much more.

Another is that  handing every person $1,000 is a budget issue, not a Fed issue, that money will become a budget deficit and then debt that must then be securitised and sold in the form of Treasury bills.

Hyperinflation is another term that is bandied around but means exactly what, the same as Zimbabwe perhaps? I really don't think so, do you, the idea that inflation in the USA could reach 1,000% is pure nonsense.

I'm not trying to attack anyone here but I do want to make the point that if folks are going to use these terms and base their arguments on them they better understand what they mean because people use these posts as a means of learning. 

Just now, saengd said:

A couple of points to be made here:

One is that posters are using terms across the board that they don't really understand, they are fashionable terms that are being used and not much more.

Another is that  handing every person $1,000 is a budget issue, not a Fed issue, that money will become a budget deficit and then debt that must then be securitised and sold in the form of Treasury bills.

Hyperinflation is another term that is bandied around but means exactly what, the same as Zimbabwe perhaps? I really don't think so, do you, the idea that inflation in the USA could reach 1,000% is pure nonsense.

I'm not trying to attack anyone here but I do want to make the point that if folks are going to use these terms and base their arguments on them they better understand what they mean because people use these posts as a means of learning. 

A budget issue, you say, and who do you think is going to end up buying the bills or bonds issued to finance this budget?

The primary dealers, who will then run to the Federal Reserve window and use these bills and bonds as collateral in exchange for freshly created cash.

This is called (indirectly) monetizing the debt, and this has often led to hyperinflation.

The Fed is also directly buying (older) bonds on the market, by means of its quantitative easing (QE = money creation) program.

Even before the virus crisis, QE was running at 60 billions a month (only for the US), and these days it is difficult to keep track since new intervention programs are launched on a daily basis.

Germany, which is not Zimbabwe, had hyperinflation, and any country could have it, given the right conditions...no country is immune, including the mighty USA.

Of course, hyperinflation is only one scenario among many others, none of them good...

7 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

A budget issue, you say, and who do you think is going to end up buying the bills or bonds issued to finance this budget?

The primary dealers, who will then run to the Federal Reserve window and use these bills and bonds as collateral in exchange for freshly created cash.

This is called (indirectly) monetizing the debt, and this has often led to hyperinflation.

The Fed is also directly buying (older) bonds on the market, by means of its quantitative easing (QE = money creation) program.

Even before the virus crisis, QE was running at 60 billions a month (only for the US), and these days it is difficult to keep track since new intervention programs are launched on a daily basis.

Germany, which is not Zimbabwe, had hyperinflation, and any country could have it, given the right conditions...no country is immune, including the mighty USA.

Of course, hyperinflation is only one scenario among many others, none of them good...

Bonds do not finance budgets, bonds finance debt, debt is only incurred  when the budget year has ended and the deficit is known.

Who will buy those Treasuries? All things being equal, Japan, China and the UK, none of whom will go running to any part of the US Gov.

The Fed is also buying older bonds as part of its ongoing market operations to buy bank bonds issued with higher coupon rates and to replace them with bonds with lower coupon rates. That's a bit like paying off your old mortgage because it was at 5% and getting a new one at 2.5%, prudent I would suggest.

Yes, Germany had hyperinflation in 1923, do we really want or need to talk about that even a little bit other than to say the Deutchmark was never the worlds reserve currency!

1 hour ago, Brunolem said:

Have you heard about QE?

The IMF, owned by the Rothschilds(as are most CBs) in conjunction with Ripple and XRP. 

The central banks already know this, why do you think they are continuing to print money?

16 hours ago, jojothai said:

Looking at the recent charts, gold has had a much higher return than stocks, over 5 years or 20 years.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The IMF, owned by the Rothschilds(as are most CBs) in conjunction with Ripple and XRP. 

The central banks already know this, why do you think they are continuing to print money?

Edited by saengd
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, saengd said:

It's not a coincidence that Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse has met with heads of CBs. Can you see Christine Lagarde there? Recognize anyone else?

Christine Lagarde has said, without saying that XRp will be used to solve the financial crisis. 

Now she has left IMF but still pushes for banks to use XRP

Edited by Neeranam

14 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's not a coincidence that Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse has met with heads of CBs. Can you see Christine Lagarde there? Recognize anyone else?

Christine Lagarde has said, without saying that XRp will be used to solve the financial crisis. 

Now she has left IMF but still pushes for banks to use XRP

There is indeed a chance/risk that Western governments and central banks will use this crisis opportunity to replace cash with crypto... a wet dream for them and a nightmare for the rest of us... 

Welcome children to this weeks edition of the Twilight Zone.

Remember kids, just say NO to drugs or you too could end up like this.

For those of you who were not paying attention we've moved on from hyperinflation and are now on global conspiracy theories involving dead people. Stay tuned, it'll get better.

Edited by saengd

6 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

There is indeed a chance/risk that Western governments and central banks will use this crisis opportunity to replace cash with crypto... a wet dream for them and a nightmare for the rest of us... 

A very good chance ???? The 'elite' have already decided, they were just waiting for a black swan event to put it into action.

Don't you think a bit of research would be wise and acquiring a few XRP just in case? 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:21 PM, BillStrangeOgre said:

Dow at 15K? Wow! that's a long way down from where we are now. Don't think we will have to wait for earnings to report, think the market has already factored a lot of that in. The market hasn't fallen so far, simply on the health scare news and oil...it's clear the economy is going to tank. This time next year coronavirus will be just a bad memory

Start of the great depression 2.0. This will be a multi year bear market. 

Draw a line from the 01 bottom, through the 08 bottom, and look to buy around there.. With a maybe 5 - 10 year time horizon. 

Read Kondratieff cycles and the 4th turning, this is perfectly in line with it. 

• Like 1

We are somewhere around the red arrow. 

Expect a dead bat bounce.. Before the mass unemployment, credit and banking defaults really effect the investment psyche. Once bond defaults starts happening on the risk curve everything less than sovereign will start to look a lot like junk. Large banks will fail.. All that BBB grade paper paying 4% etc will be the next MBS's and movies like the big short will be made about those losses. 

Own gold silver and defendable hard assets (land not real estate) to protect against inflation and be ready to build a position for 2023 with a LONG term time horizon, a quick V shaped recover this wont be. 

dow-jones-industrial-average-chart-during-great-depression-era.jpg

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

A very good chance ???? The 'elite' have already decided, they were just waiting for a black swan event to put it into action.

Don't you think a bit of research would be wise and acquiring a few XRP just in case? 

I think it's too early to buy anything because it's all a mess now. 

We are in the "firehose period" where they are throwing money (they don't have) in a desperate effort to save what can be saved. 

Too much panic to implement anything. 

It could be like WWII, when the big decisions were only made in 1945 and later. 

Also not every country will play ball, starting with China and Russia, and many Asian countries. 

I don't think for one second that we will end up with one global currency, crypto or else... there is way too much animosity between major countries for that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Brunolem said:

I think it's too early to buy anything because it's all a mess now. 

We are in the "firehose period" where they are throwing money (they don't have) in a desperate effort to save what can be saved. 

Too much panic to implement anything. 

It could be like WWII, when the big decisions were only made in 1945 and later. 

Also not every country will play ball, starting with China and Russia, and many Asian countries. 

I don't think for one second that we will end up with one global currency, crypto or else... there is way too much animosity between major countries for that. 

I agree that there will be many CBDCs and Country Coins. However XRP ledger will be the bridge.

16 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Today 52.  

Yeehaa.

What were your actual entry and exit prices?
Did you do any other trades that day?