Are we soon looking at a new wave of virus infected bar girls who come home?

Isaanbiker

I think it is a legit question.

I would think of the 1000's returning, probably a few have caught it.

Seems more reports of infected people showing no symptoms.

Pattaya/Bangkok are currently full of people from the Euro/Asian impacted countries.

So, lets just hope everyone is careful.  Would hate to see a large infection increase in these rural areas.

But there are projections of 400,000 cases evidenced from another ongoing thread so who knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People who work or socialize in crowded, close quartered types of places...not even just bargirls.  Think of the Thai traditional massage girls or even better, the Moo-Kata type eating places here in Bangkok with hundreds of people eating together.

Trying to get them to understand the ramifications of it all just falls on deaf ears.  It goes beyond being “creatures of habit” to pure <deleted> ignorance.   I have offered my gf,  numerous times over the last month,  ฿100,000 to quit her job for 3 months. (Traditional Thai massage shop)  She is lucky to make ฿10,000 a month now.  She wouldn’t do it.  

She also had a cough for a while now too.  Not bad, but inconsistent with her usual health.  I insisted that she go see a doctor and I would pay.  Nope...wouldn’t do that either.

Edited by Airalee
  • Like 1

There are two basic options:

a) the girls infect the customers in Bangkok and Pattaya (and vice versa)

b) maybe the girls infect people in their home provinces

Which option do you prefer?

And obviously there are lots of other people all over Thailand and all over the world who infect others.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The OP mentions "women, ladyboys, and gay people"

I guess to be politically correct you should take one of each. ???? 

"Besser Bi, als nie." ( Doesn't rhyme in English= Better bi than never.)????

Let's hope he'll write a little story how they were.

I mean there's nothing wrong when you like the same gender, Mr,. Nyezhof. A man with a skirt, why not?

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

Not having enough customers is another problem. I firmly believe that some of these women will continue making some money, perhaps in a neighboring province.

High time for the Aintree vet to come down and destroy this fatally lame animal.

This is in no way a bashing post, I was earlier chatting with my wife, and we concluded to scrap our holiday and stay at home for the most time.

Does your self-exile include avoiding the keyboard too?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fruitman said:

I read today that in the villages they do nothing at all as precautions so it might spread fast there if they go home.

Scary is that they just don't know as much as we do.

Noi come back and sleeps with her Thai husband, he on the other hand has his Gig and so on. 

That sounds like a never ending story to me. I remember when HIV was in the village.

The mothers were scared to wash their daughters who were brought home to die.

I've visited a few and people were shocked when I touched them and spoke to them. 

In the end, they refused to do so and the whole family was being stigmatized. It's not like living in the 21st century.

• Like 2

Does anybody have an idea of how many girls and men will go home in April?

They actually started fleeing the coop about a month ago.

OMG! They walk among us!!!

Actually, some are working stacking the shelves at your local Makro already.

Seriously.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fruitman said:

I read today that in the villages they do nothing at all as precautions so it might spread fast there if they go home.

Maybe but I also “read” today that as a farang who visits a village now, you will be asked to be checked and perhaps quarantine! To be honest can,t see the difference can you? 

We can't assume nothing will be done about returnees...

A friend's lady came to Pattaya from an Issan province for a few days as he is off home and return date is open due to circumstances.

She returned home last night using one of those people-carrier vans, arriving early this morning.

The authorities showed up at her home later this morning to check temperature and suggest self-quarantine. Bamboo telegraph functioning well.

• Like 2

Does anybody have an idea of how many girls and men will go home in April? If they get sick and go to a local hospital, would they tell the doctor and nurses the truth that they've worked in a bar? I pretty much doubt that.

Almost 100% of these women have tattoos, some of which are very suggestive; and then the doctors in the city hospitals know very well who they are dealing with.
it will be useless for these women to forget the truth.

Yep the thai working girls returning from Korea mostly come from Issan and possibly many thousands returning from Pattaya, Phuket, Bangkok ,,,etc

At the sign of being unwell are they going to rush to hospital and it seems now be forced to pay a few thousand baht for a check up...............or use that money to put food and beer on the table for their families and enjoy songkran.?

Worryingly it seems the concentration of concern is on the 9 million of Bangkok and not so much planning for the other 60 million scattered nationwide.

• Like 1