Are we soon looking at a new wave of virus infected bar girls who come home?

Isaanbiker

Failure of the imagination I must say...This might be a hard fact to swallow: normal viruses don't survive more than a few seconds when exposed to air (as opposed to deep inside someone's throat or vagina/anus), this covid one supposed to survive up to 20 seconds of vigorous hand washing. With soap. Let this sink in for a minute before worrying about bar girls coming back from abroad after having sex with the Chinese. How about the rest of that plane load who are now free to roam around Thailand and the world? Are they any less contagious? How about the thousands of Chinese coming into Thailand post-Wuhan? And the Italians, the Koreans, the cruiseshippers any less contagious? Give the sexworkers a break.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I have room in my house for 2 or 3

You are a kind person, offering free accommodation. However, I suggest you refrain from sampling. From the Cambodian photo you posted, I have real concerns for your ticker.

27 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Maybe but I also “read” today that as a farang who visits a village now, you will be asked to be checked and perhaps quarantine! To be honest can,t see the difference can you? 

Especially if you have an Italian passport...it doesn't matter how long you're here or where you've been , Italian spooks the heck out of them...like those guys who walked into a hospital in Samui this week.

Thailand is not a united country, especially upcountry they live their own lives and don't care/know what happens outside their village.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My guess is they will migrate to the bars in Northern Thailand that remain open.

You mean the ones with even less customers than an empty bar in Pattaya currently has, why would they do that?

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:
1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm in no way stigmatizing the girls and ladyboys; they are ordinary people in my book. My apologies if my wording irritated you. 

I don't want to be around people who had sexual contact with the Chinese and other people who might carry the virus without even knowing it.

And that's what prostitutes usually do for a living. I doubt that anybody's checking somebody's passport before they go to have some fun.

No apologies needed. Normally intelligent people should understand what you mean and talk about.

This regardless of the fact that most intelligent people have worked out already that probably none of the Covid-19 victims have ever shagged an Isaan slapper. Ever.

If casual sex was a fast-track to an early grave due to complications with pleural pneumonia, I think the WHO would have waived at least a yellow card by now.

The Thai numbers, if/when they ever get released are going to be a huge disappointment to some. Yuge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

It's not just the entertainment workers potentially taking the virus back to the provinces.

All the factories on the eastern seaboard plus many n the greater Bangkok area will be 

closing down for Songkran in a few weeks.

There is a good chance that this virus will spread quickly.

No they won't as the holiday is canceled. Business as usual for the factories until a worker gets sick.

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The OP mentions "women, ladyboys, and gay people"

I guess to be politically correct you should take one of each. ???? 

Depends how big the bed is, no?

...or the mattress on the floor.

And towels! You need LOTS of towels too.

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

contact with Chinese and/or other infected people

So you think all Chinese are infected? I believe from reading your previous posts you are a school teacher. Thank God I had a better quality of teacher when I was young.

You also seem to assume that every bar girl or gay is infected. What a sad indictment on the education system. I certainly hope you  aren't passing these values on to your students.

1 hour ago, shy coconut said:

It's not just the entertainment workers potentially taking the virus back to the provinces.

All the factories on the eastern seaboard plus many n the greater Bangkok area will be 

Well thats the whole reason why they postponed songkron next month, is to avoid the huge migrant movement to the village.

39 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Almost 100% of these women have tattoos, some of which are very suggestive; and then the doctors in the city hospitals know very well who they are dealing with.
it will be useless for these women to forget the truth.

There's a pretty new girl working the waffle-iron stand at the foot of the long down-travelator at Big C Phosri in Udon that has tatts high on her back and her shoulders.

Should I start buying snacks from the school marm-ish sushi-seller two stalls over instead?

Yours,

Woke in Woking

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Don't stigmatize the girls, authorities are already stigmatizing foreigners

It's just the way it is, many, unemployed from all sections, are now returning home, Isan was quiet and uneventful, that is about to change, the fans are running and the manure is piled high.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's a pretty new girl working the waffle-iron stand at the foot of the long down-travelator at Big C Phosri in Udon that has tatts high on her back and her shoulders.

Should I start buying snacks from the school marm-ish sushi-seller two stalls over instead?

Yours,

Woke in Woking

You do as you want ...

Many women who have done this job and returned home, and not only because of the Coronavirus, sometimes have very visible tattoos; they have children and have to work for a living.
I know some of them in the surrounding villages

Correct. Spotted 4 new arrivals this morning while having a morning coffee on farang street,Udon Thani grand central.

They will be working soi Samphanthamit or day and night complex tonight.

A few guys from Dodge city have ventured up to Udon Thani also. 

1 hour ago, watthong said:

this covid one supposed to survive up to 20 seconds of vigorous hand washing. With soap.

That's not correct, and you're misunderstanding how these things work.

Regular soap doesn't kill this particular virus at all, no matter how long the length of time the two come together.

However, a good extended handwashing with regular soap will REMOVE any virus elements off the surface of your skin along with oils, dirt, etc....  So it accomplishes its purpose, but not in the same way as alcohol or other things that kill on contact.

2 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

O dear that would be quite the show wouldnt it!

Let them give you a three in one service pack. But please let us know how it was. ( With photos of course) 

Thank you very much for your kind consideration. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shy coconut said:

I figured out how HIV came to the villages many moons ago.

The truck drivers go to places in Bangkok and elsewhere, where you won't see a smelly Farang.

A Thai friend from Prachuap was showing me plenty of these places and they seem to be everywhere. 

Then they fall in love with a behind glass lady, buy expensive flowers for them, and listen to their Karaoke songs.

That's all part of the game, and some even marry them after a while.

They spend a fortune just to get laid? Crazy. 

But those who do that for fun, might come home and infect their wives and those they sometimes meet discreetly. 

These truck drivers are still a considerable danger, plus a few others.

I've met ordinary "housewives" at Nana Plaza, who traveled to the capital on the weekend to increase their pocket money.

Two of them were married to foreigners somewhere, and the others had a Thai husband.

Of course, do they have their unique connections to some other men, but I wouldn't call them prostitutes now.

All I did was to give some of them shelter and a good "Continental" breakfast the next morning.

Most did not want to use a condom. It makes the feeling go away, so they said. Go and figure what the rate will be soon. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Then they fall in love with a behind glass lady, buy expensive flowers for them, and listen to their Karaoke songs.

That's all part of the game, and some even marry them after a while.

They spend a fortune just to get laid? Crazy. 

I assume you adjusted your story a little to not confront the majority of TV members. ????

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

What you're saying here doesn't apply to the coronavirus, according to the latest research on the subject. From yesterday's New York Times:

1513592333_CVSurvivalRates1.thumb.jpg.7c9509b82c5bd745b8ba13bed6b00c1f.jpg

67822467_CVSurvivalRates2.jpg.649c583e1dd1af72362a8b86d94c11e9.jpg

I've had countless sessions with Thai teachers where we had "Ghai Todd and Khao Nieau". Fried rice with chicken.

It's funny when you know that there's no soap in the toilet and you watch people who all use their hands to grab some sticky rice, or a piece of chicken. Typically Isaan, I'd say. 

Some roll their sticky rice and then use it to catch some Somtham. They basically touch the food others are eating as well with their fingers. 

If somebody stays longer than three minutes on the toilet, you know that he/she had a big business. But no hand washing?

Now I'm talking about highly educated teachers of this so amazing Kingdom. Let's talk about something better, please. 

22 minutes ago, VBF said:

Exactly so. One of my favourite massage ladies in Patts was in tears tonight - she cannot open her shop for 2 weeks but if she goes home, everyone in the village will know what she actually does here.

Yes I have agreed to provide a little income for her, but ignoring that, there are a LOT of people here hurting financially - and just before what should be Songkran, too. 

Yep, plenty of them will have a very hard time.

Be that with a Farang with a hard one, or just a moneyless time. 

4 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

I've had countless sessions with Thai teachers where we had "Ghai Todd and Khao Nieau". Fried rice with chicken.

I'm not sure on what all the Thai teacher eating/bathroom stuff has to do with my response above and the NYT report to the following prior comment by another member here:

This might be a hard fact to swallow: normal viruses don't survive more than a few seconds when exposed to air (as opposed to deep inside someone's throat or vagina/anus), 

I was simply pointing out, his comment was not accurate as regards the coronavirus.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK