Are we soon looking at a new wave of virus infected bar girls who come home?

Isaanbiker

3 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm in no way stigmatizing the girls and ladyboys; they are ordinary people in my book. My apologies if my wording irritated you. 

I don't want to be around people who had sexual contact with the Chinese and other people who might carry the virus without even knowing it.

And that's what prostitutes usually do for a living. I doubt that anybody's checking somebody's passport before they go to have some fun.

I'm sorry  but  I do detect an element of  bias in your expressions of concern. The fact is that it  will not only be those who have for some considerable time been "closely" involved in an aspect of the tourist trade which may be a primary risk of  transmission of  various  communicable disease including  C-19 s of current concern but also the  vast numbers of those associated with the overall tourist industry who will also take the opportunity or  be forced  to return to home provinces.

Places  such as  Pattaya  are not populated as a majority by  "prostitutes" from Isaan despite the sexpat  perceptions. I would have no idea of how many outnumber them that are also people from the North  East provinces that are  equally  effected at this time in terms of economic reality and in associated terms are  just as likely to be potential carriers as they  gravitate "home".

Perhaps credit for some initiative could be accorded to the  Buriram Governor for anticipating such a return influx by instituting some measures including screening entry  into the province?

Effective immediately in prevention or  not it has certainly  raised awareness generally in people. Provided  that awareness is not corrupted by fringe elements it  can only  be  to advantage.

Who is the person I need  be suspicious  of? The Bar girl  from Korat or the 60  year old noodle seller from  Maha Sarakam who used  to  feed  her at  4.00 am  most  days  on the  golden streets of  Pattaya?

• Like 2

Way too deep, it'll go over most heads I fear,

For the purpose of the exercise, assume everybody either shagged an invisible Chinese (invisible because their Government has locked them in) or has become infected off a smelly unwashed farang, and then shared a cheeky tequila with 47 of her mates and they're all lifting with the sniffles, sorry the deadly coronavirus. Rinse and repeat for every bar in Pattaya.

There is nothing wrong with someone worrying about those that they love, I worrying about my wife who is 66 years old and had kidney cancer in 2001 and only has 1 kidney now taking care of our 8 dogs alone in our house until I get back of getting this virus, though I know its not in my hands.

While others worry about the local Spreaders they frequent or have nothing but foreign friends since being in Thailand or the beer being cold enough or offended their lifestyle may be in question prancing lady boy lovers.

While "Science" that has never proven anything { but for argument sake } has not done studies of whether COVID-19 can be contracted through Sex like so many other viruses that do while swapping bodily fluids.

I think it would be safe to say it can through Sex and the odds of a Spreader being a carrier is much higher and can then Infect others through Contact.

An affair between a married woman and her former lover led to an entire Argentinian town going into quarantine in order to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.

Selva, a town of about 2,500 residents, is on lockdown and appears to be a ghost town during parts of the day, the Argentine newspaper Clarin reported on Tuesday.

https://www.newsweek.com/entire-town-under-quarantine-because-man-returned-after-having-affair-woman-who-had-1493002

From that link "The woman in Córdoba was quickly identified by local authorities in her city and placed in quarantine, as was her husband."

So not only is the husband publicly exposed as a cuckold and has a wife that cheats on him, he now also has covid19 courtesy of his cheating wife.

Wow, what a lovely story.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Logosone said:

From that link "The woman in Córdoba was quickly identified by local authorities in her city and placed in quarantine, as was her husband."

So not only is the husband publicly exposed as a cuckold and has a wife that cheats on him, he now also has covid19 courtesy of his cheating wife.

Wow, what a lovely story.

It's time to pray then..........https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2020/03/18/chanting-of-anti-plague-prayer-to-be-broadcast-live-on-tv/?fbclid=IwAR3GtS6-pE3yZ7bQb0elYIdhz-sxvkARhKw7z2p3FTAO96Y1rD9hGNYsRBg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Most will try the internet first...a few friends have said their regulars are now offering threesomes and foursomes with their friends....negotions are crucial but bargains are being had. Less internet savvy ones will have to return to free roof and rice.

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I'm in no way stigmatizing the girls and ladyboys; they are ordinary people in my book. My apologies if my wording irritated you. 

I don't want to be around people who had sexual contact with the Chinese and other people who might carry the virus without even knowing it.

And that's what prostitutes usually do for a living. I doubt that anybody's checking somebody's passport before they go to have some fun.

Regardless of what profession a person has, the virus is out there and effecting people from all walks of life. Also the virus can remain on surfaces for around 9 days so ATM machines, money, door handles etc... Best practice is personal hygiene, hand washing with soap etc.. Keep your distance from people. At the end of the day the virus may effect most of the world and hopefully those who have had the virus will be immune (though there is a possibilty that there are 2 strains of the coronavirus). If you have underlining health issuses then staying at home for the next few months may be an option. The virus makes no exemptions for age, type of work you do, borders, nationality 

Important infoAnti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises French minister says patients should take paracetamol rather than ibuprofen or cortisone. There is a debate on this with some doctors saying it does not worsen the conditions. The NHS website previously recommended both paracetamol and ibuprofen, but has since changed its advice to say that while "there is currently no strong evidence that ibuprofen can make coronavirus (Covid-19) worse... until we have more information, take paracetamol to treat the symptoms of coronavirus, unless your doctor has told you paracetamol is not suitable for you." Those already taking ibuprofen for other conditions should not stop without consulting a doctor, though.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

Important infoAnti-inflammatories may aggravate Covid-19, France advises French minister says patients should take paracetamol rather than ibuprofen or cortisone. There is a debate on this with some doctors saying it does not worsen the conditions. The NHS website previously recommended both paracetamol and ibuprofen, but has since changed its advice to say that while "there is currently no strong evidence that ibuprofen can make coronavirus (Covid-19) worse... until we have more information, take paracetamol to treat the symptoms of coronavirus, unless your doctor has told you paracetamol is not suitable for you." Those already taking ibuprofen for other conditions should not stop without consulting a doctor, though.

Ibuprofen is never recommended for the over-50 anyway

On 3/18/2020 at 1:15 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Regular soap doesn't kill this particular virus at all, no matter how long the length of time the two come together.

However, a good extended handwashing with regular soap will REMOVE any virus elements off the surface of your skin along with oils, dirt, etc....  So it accomplishes its purpose, but not in the same way as alcohol or other things that kill on contact.

That is not actually how soap works. On contact, the fat-like substances in soap, known as amphiphiles, disintegrate the fatty outer layer of lipids that protect the virus. This applies to all viruses.

This happens regardless of whether you use hot or cold water.

Sure, the action of washing your hands will remove all microscopic debris, but the virus has already fallen apart by then.

12 hours ago, donnacha said:

That is not actually how soap works. On contact, the fat-like substances in soap, known as amphiphiles, disintegrate the fatty outer layer of lipids that protect the virus. This applies to all viruses.

This happens regardless of whether you use hot or cold water.

Sure, the action of washing your hands will remove all microscopic debris, but the virus has already fallen apart by then.

Thanks for that..  Interesting topic, and a good read. I stand corrected about the chemical ability of soap to kill coronaviruses and various others. Though according to this NYT article, soap and subsequent brisk rubbing and rinsing does also play a role in removing/loosening bacteria and viruses that are stuck to the skin. So it's a dual pronged impact.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/health/soap-coronavirus-handwashing-germs.html

In tandem, some soap molecules disrupt the chemical bonds that allow bacteria, viruses and grime to stick to surfaces, lifting them off the skin. Micelles can also form around particles of dirt and fragments of viruses and bacteria, suspending them in floating cages. When you rinse your hands, all the microorganisms that have been damaged, trapped and killed by soap molecules are washed away.

But I thought this part was the most interesting part, in comparing how soap vs 60+% alcohol hand sanitizers function. Seems like a pretty compelling argument overall for soap over alcohol based products, which came as a surprise for me!

On the whole, hand sanitizers are not as reliable as soap. Sanitizers with at least 60 percent ethanol do act similarly, defeating bacteria and viruses by destabilizing their lipid membranes. But they cannot easily remove microorganisms from the skin. There are also viruses that do not depend on lipid membranes to infect cells, as well as bacteria that protect their delicate membranes with sturdy shields of protein and sugar. Examples include bacteria that can cause meningitis, pneumonia, diarrhea and skin infections, as well as the hepatitis A virus, poliovirus, rhinoviruses and adenoviruses (frequent causes of the common cold).

These more resilient microbes are generally less susceptible to the chemical onslaught of ethanol and soap. But vigorous scrubbing with soap and water can still expunge these microbes from the skin, which is partly why hand-washing is more effective than sanitizer. Alcohol-based sanitizer is a good backup when soap and water are not accessible.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our son just came back after he lost his job as a photographer to the sweet virus from Wuhan.

I'll closely monitor him, regardless of what he's telling me.

But I'll also try to find out how many Isaan people he knows who'll come back soon.

For two days, my wife, who's working at a restaurant in the lower northeast, is continually talking about NOT going anywhere.

The customers at her place are mostly government employees and those who work at the local hospital.

It's quite exciting and scary at the same time how the freaking virus from China has changed our lives.

Who knows if we still got a job?

Everything seems to be possible right now.

Nobody is talking about accidents anymore. 

Many thanks to China and their communist government that kept silent when it should have warned other countries. 

• Like 2