COVID-19 Testing how fast are the results?

JimLuce

I’m not sick or really even that concerned but if I have a loved one over 60 years old that I’m EXTREMELY concerned about how long does it take to get a test and how soon will they have the test results done? Is it like they draw some labs and you know the results within an hour or two or is it like days before the results are known? 

I think it’s probably just the heat getting to her outside earlier but if I even think she’s coming down with anything she’s going to the hospital and she’s getting her blood drawn. Now the damn mass hysteria is probably rubbing off on me even a little bit as well, or maybe not it’s not me I’m worried about. Definitely not panic shopping or stocking up on toilet paper lol, but maybe start stocking up on Corona Beer with a huge shopping cart full of Corona Extra LMAO. But this is a serious question if anyone has been tested for COVID 19 please just let me know how it went was it quick? How soon did your test results come back? I’m actually kind of worried about someone close.

I’d really appreciate it if anyone who’s been tested for it here in Thailand could just share their experience as far as how soon you knew the results mostly. There’s just a lot of mixed information on the internet so I’d really like to hear from someone who’s actually been tested for COVID 19 here in Thailand particularly the Issan area. 

Thanks 

Jim

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Rather than worry about a test focus on the symptoms.

Fever and/or persistent cough is the sign of Corona virus. If has one of those then isolate for 7 days at home where hopefully it will be gone

Oh no, time is no friend to illnesses like this. The earlier you find out the more treatments are available and you will probably survive if you catch it before you’re coughing your lungs up. With this one you could be infected and spreading it and possibly even be fully contagious before you’re even symptomatic so I’ve read. Probably why it’s scaring the hell out of the medical world.

If it’s just a cold or something sure but with deadly illnesses time isn’t on your side, take it from me I’m a stage 3 cancer survivor the faster you get treated the better your odds are. 

Well if I don’t see an improvement in her within the next 10 minutes I’ll probably be learning the answer. It’s not necessarily symptoms just a little unusually tired for her. 

Edited by JimLuce

Start by checking her temperature. If she doesn't have fever, dry cough or any COVID-19 symptoms they won't test her. If they do the results will probably come back after a couple day unless they have one of the faster test (unlikely). 

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Start by checking her temperature. If she doesn't have fever, dry cough or any COVID-19 symptoms they won't test her. If they do the results will probably come back after a couple day unless they have one of the faster test (unlikely). 

Thanks no temperature but regardless she’s feeling better now after dinner. I think she’s good.