Is there anywhere in Pattaya with face masks left?

Guderian

I've looked in the local convenience stores and they've all sold out, asked at a few pharmacies but "mai mee". Even Lazada seems to have sold out as it says it has no items on sale matching "face mask". Does anyone know of a shop or supermarket that still has them in stock?

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Masks dont just stop infected people passing on the virus,  doctors and nurses who dont have the virus are wearing masks so they dont get from patients.

At the end of the day, the mask stops you touching your own mouth//nose etc

Doctors and nurses should have maximum protection as they are on the front line, not the general public who can avoid direct contact with people with symptoms. Find another way to stop you touching your face

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Masks dont just stop infected people passing on the virus,  doctors and nurses who dont have the virus are wearing masks so they dont get from patients.

It's not that simple.

Medical staff dealing with suspected on known covid-19 cases should actually be in full hazmat gear. 

They are intentionally getting very close to those risks as part of their job.

Medical staff will be wearing custom fitted respirator masks and they're trained on how to use them.

Medical staff are at risk of much higher volume of virus exposure than the public putting them at unusual risk of serious infections.

Medical staff are needed to treat the public.

If too many of them get infected that's a similarly serious threat to the public health as not enough respirators.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

There was a couple of stalls selling masks at Thepassit markets last weekend. Lots for sale on Facebook marketplace.

image.png.d8ab661d06942a6fbc7feaec81635cb2.png

Which Thepprasit market is that, the night market or the buffalo market?

40 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Unbelievable really, just when the virus is picking up in Pattaya no masks are available, so the spread will be even worse, if only they hadn't already been wasted

Don't worry, the government has it all 100% under control... [:rolleyes]

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

I want one because next week I'm supposed to do the confirmation at Immigration I've still got the 800K Baht (or 400K, or whatever they want) in my bank account three months after the visa extension. It's just trying to be polite if all the staff at the bank and Immigration are wearing them.

5 minutes ago, Guderian said:

I want one because next week I'm supposed to do the confirmation at Immigration I've still got the 800K Baht (or 400K, or whatever they want) in my bank account three months after the visa extension. It's just trying to be polite if all the staff at the bank and Immigration are wearing them.

ps ive been to immigration today in Hua  Hin, some are wearing them more  arent on the staff  side

Here in Bangkok the locals start selling the home-made stuff plenty along the "footpaths", saphan loy, etc. Not the real thing but will do in a pinch. Imagine same goes for other cities especially where farangs roam.

5 minutes ago, watthong said:

Here in Bangkok the locals start selling the home-made stuff plenty along the "footpaths", saphan loy, etc. Not the real thing but will do in a pinch. Imagine same goes for other cities especially where farangs roam.

Where can I get one made to match my shirt

• Haha 1

As i know masks don't protect if catching the virus i just wear them in shops to make the thais confident that western people are more clean after their stupid health minister is informing them!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tropo said:

You just never stop, do you. LOL You just keep banging this drum.

People wearing masks to help prevent them from contracting the virus are not wasting them. The fault is with the supply chain and the Thailand government, not healthy people trying desperately not to get sick.

The truth is, Thailand is in serious trouble, masks or no masks. They've left it too late and Italy could be a paradise compared to what might happen here. They were so obsessed with protecting their tourist industry they lost sight of the big picture. Other countries have or are closing their borders. Australia just announced a total ban on non-citizens and residents from entering. New Zealand has shut down with only 6 confirmed cases. They have just shut down their tourism industry for the sake of their survival. Who in their right mind would take a vacation right now anyway?

It is very serious business in the Philippines right now too. Many or maybe all towns throughout the whole country are in total lockdown with no cars or people allowed in or out. All schools are closed. The giant city of Manila has been in lockdown since last Thursday. What is Thailand doing? Too little, too late.

As you guys are buying up stocks when you shouldn't be using them I've been forced to use my thai girls knickers

https://youtu.be/BiC56E9t0r8

Screenshot_20200319-194943_1.png

Edited by scubascuba3

1 hour ago, tropo said:

You just never stop, do you. LOL You just keep banging this drum.

People wearing masks to help prevent them from contracting the virus are not wasting them. The fault is with the supply chain and the Thailand government, not healthy people trying desperately not to get sick.

The truth is, Thailand is in serious trouble, masks or no masks. They've left it too late and Italy could be a paradise compared to what might happen here. They were so obsessed with protecting their tourist industry they lost sight of the big picture. Other countries have or are closing their borders. Australia just announced a total ban on non-citizens and residents from entering. New Zealand has shut down with only 6 confirmed cases. They have just shut down their tourism industry for the sake of their survival. Who in their right mind would take a vacation right now anyway?

It is very serious business in the Philippines right now too. Many or maybe all towns throughout the whole country are in total lockdown with no cars or people allowed in or out. All schools are closed. The giant city of Manila has been in lockdown since last Thursday. What is Thailand doing? Too little, too late.

Tropo, you hit the nail on the head bro. These are very testing times, Im stuck in Europe under lock down....this is no joke. Make sure your loved ones are ok. Mask do F%&k all.