Frenchman tells Thai government to lock down country - says foreigners are taking virus more seriously than Thais

webfact

36 minutes ago, samsensam said:

and your point is? if you dont anything constructive to contribute it's better to say nothing.

I actually think that this remark is constructive considering the way French people seem to be viewed "here" and there

If it gets to where no banks are exchanging foreign money, many people will have a difficult

situation.  If these foreignors get sick, they will need lots of money for their hospital

stay, if in fact the hospital will have room for them.

Many countries will be closing their borders, and locking down within

the country. closing bars, and even restaurants, except for take out food.

How will you enjoy your holiday now?  Things to think about,  or just go back to

your homes.

Geezer

13 hours ago, tifino said:

they're not gunna like hearing this... 

- maybe the whole country will sue him?

Sue him? Surely you jest.  I'm sure his mask has a miniature transistor which would put him under the computer crimes act leading to a lifetime prison term or draw and quartering, whichever is more expedient. 

Sure I jest.

Maybe not.

On 3/19/2020 at 12:41 PM, HaoleBoy said:

I believe there are many many Thai's walking around with "mild" cases of the virus (all over the world too).  Testing is still not free and even 1000 thb per test kit is too much for a lot of Thai's.

Gov says 0 cases in the north (CR, CM, Nan, KK and other areas) and I believe only 1 case down south (south of Surat Thani).  Without massive testing it is anyone's guess as to what is happening.

In Thailand the flu season is coming up too ....

Well I hope you don't really believe that.

I personally know of 1 person in Koh Lanta that was shipped to Krabi hospital with it, and one other suspected case on his way to Trang hospital today for a check. My wife informs me 2 people in Krabi are confirmed infected.

I would be hard pressed to believe there are no recorded cases in CM, Samui, Phuket or Hat Yai, considering the density of population and the number of tourists still running around with abandon.

We get temp. checks at the ferry crossing, but carried out with no logical consistency. Over the last month during 3 trips to Krabi, we were tested the first and second but not the third time. No Thais were tested the first or third time.

As you say, it's anybody's guess...

Good luck and stay safe.

On 3/19/2020 at 6:32 PM, nightfox said:

Thailand will close their boarders. They will just wait until they reach France numbers before they pull the trigger. We call that Thai style. 

Even better they could wait Italy figures... Compare to the locals here, French are not dirty enough !

I wonder if people really understand that 90% people will have the virus and spread it without being sick themselves.

When I read this forum, I have the feeling that even foreigners do not understand, so what about Thai ?

• Like 1

It must be recognized that Thailand does not receive many foreign graduates, so the level of understanding. !!!!
You can have money, but nothing in your head.
Take footballers as an example

As for the Thais, they were born with a calcified brain.