Just had the COVID inspectors around checking on me.

MikeN

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Still some miss information. Doesn't need to be "hot" water can be cold or warm.  The soap breaks down the bond that holds the virus together with the water washing it away. Any soap will work doesn't need to be antibacterial or say it kills bacteria/virus  it just does.

Gues you didn't watch the entire video you comented on earlier. In no part does it state you need to use hot water with the soap to kill virus

Capsule is fatty lipids, soap, warm (preferably) water , but cold is ok,  friction (min20 sec hand wash) , capsule pentrated, viral nonoparticles cannot survive.

Interlock fingers, nail beds, individual finger and thumbs, and at least up as far as your wrists

7 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Still some miss information. Doesn't need to be "hot" water can be cold or warm.  The soap breaks down the bond that holds the virus together with the water washing it away. Any soap will work doesn't need to be antibacterial or say it kills bacteria/virus  it just does.

Gues you didn't watch the entire video you comented on earlier. In no part does it state you need to use hot water with the soap to kill virus

I have not commented on any videos, nor gave out 'misinformation'.  

I am sure its true soap and water will wash off the virus.  I never said that it would not.

last week I was in a very small town in Ranong provence, went into a shop to buy a few things, the shopkeeper asked where I was from and how long I had been in Thailand (4 years living here) then he ask why I was not wearing a mask, I told him I wash my hands then asked him why he is not wearing a mask as he is dealing with people all day every day. He just laughed. It was clear he thought as a farang I was potentially infected. (other thai shoppers were not wearing masks). 

11 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I have not commented on any videos, nor gave out 'misinformation'.  

I am sure its true soap and water will wash off the virus.  I never said that it would not.

Post #143  by Seancbk  is instruction and video about washing hands and it's affect on all virus  You cliked on the like button which is why I said you commented on the vid he showed.  The misinformation I mentioned was that you had quoted  another TV poster who said you needed to wash with "hot" water and soap. The temperature of the water makes no difference. Also you originally stated that the liquid soap said antibacterial ( that it kills bacteria)  You said no where did it say it killed virus but as I mentioned any soap will destroy the virus.

How soap kills the coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/coronavirus/how-soap-kills-the-coronavirus/vi-BB11mLOe

2 minutes ago, Vigilante said:

Low-class/illiterate Thais keep hearing about 14-day quarantines for tourists and somehow think it also applies to long-term residents or that all farangs are infected

They have no clue

Perhaps it is not a matter class, but poor messaging from the authorities, and lack of understanding regarding contagion and transmission, coupled with fear.

Perhaps we need to be a little kinder to each other , including Thai nationals

On 3/19/2020 at 5:07 AM, jak2002003 said:

Where did you get this info?  

You may be confusing viruses with bacteria.

I was under the impression that to kill most viruses (and the current one in the headlines) the hand sanitiser needs at lease 60 percent alcohol content.  The one they were using was just normal anti bacterial hand wash.... with a very low alcohol content.

Anyway, does not matter I suppose... as I made the token gesture of going alone with all the crown so as not to get singles out, which I think is what a lot of people are doing. 

Soap and water is as effective bad the sanitizer stuff, the proteins in the virus

wall do not react well to those in soap and break down fairly quickly, although

you do need to wash thoroughly for at least 20 seconds.

The alcohol sanitizer is a quick and easy fix for places where soap and water

are not available. You don't see a surgeon spray a little alcohol on his hands before

operating, they spend a good while washing their hands before putting on the gloves.

Scrubbing up, I believe is what they call it.

• Like 1