Flying from Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai Tomorrow

Hey all,

I'm flying from Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai tomorrow at 13.50 with my thai girlfriend. What are the odds that Thailand let's me/us in ? I'm a citizen from Switzerland, haven't been in Europe since August last year.

I haven't been in any high-risk countries and been basically switching between Chiang Mai and Luang Prabang in the last 4 months. I've got 20k Baht Cash on me and a 1 year rental contract in Chiang Mai (original copy) that I can present at the immigration in Chiang mai if questions are being asked. I will be on a 30 days visa exempt.

Alternatively, I'd be ready to cross a land-border from Luang Prabang to Thailand if that's still possible. Any advice on this ? I would like to put all the chances on my side.

Thanks a lot in advance

Best

Red

Currently yes. However things can change.

Sounds like your entering Thailand planning to obtain 30 day visa exempt entry. Do you have onward flight. Airline will want that. 

They (AOT)  state from few days back they want a T8 form filled in. I flew in DMK Monday and none was required.

In Thai news its stated that closing borders is a possibility.

If your flight is with BangkokAir.....  better check with them that your flight is still operating.  Bangkok Air has announced flight reductions and cancellations including some between CNX and Luang Prabang.

This was posted on a another TV thread.

Travellers to Thailand have to now show authorities a health certificate, issued no more than 72 hours before travelling, confirming that they have been tested and are free from the virus. They must also present an insurance policy showing minimum coverage for coronavirus of not less than $100,000.

This measure was previously a requirement for countries the Thai government classified as "disease infected zones" which include China, South Korea, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy and Iran.

"We are blocking infection from coming into the country that is why people need medical certificate and health insurance to enter Thailand," Prime Minister Prayuth said.

"This will now include all countries to minimize infection so we can control it," he said.

As stated before, if you are on BKK Air the flights are cancelled as of March 17.  From BKK Airlines.

Flight between Chiang Mai -Luang Prabang (PG983 and PG984)
   Start from 17 March – 30 June 2020

I still got in from Phnom Penh to Don Muang, yesterday on March 20, evening, without certficate and insurance. I was just out of Thailand for a visa run. It should still be possible to fly in from not badly affected countries and not having been there for the last 14 days, today Saturday. From today midnight the new rules with certificate and insurance will apply.

All this without guarantee, that it will work, but this is what I was told.

Edited by frimu
Improvement