Travelling to Thailand in april from US

roaming2019

I already have the visa and a ticket to travel to bangkok in April from usa.   

with recent thai requirement  for medical certificate  / insurance   want to know how anybody in my situation are considering .  

please sharing 

I have a Kaiser medical insurance -   Does Kaiser provide the medical certificate  and insurance  as required by thai government 

3571520.png

My question is. Where does a American get tested for the virus and then find a doctor that is willing to give you the correct paper work? What insurance company provides insurance for the virus? It seems to me that any Americans considering traveling to or just trying to get home. Are SCREWED!

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, timendres said:

My advice - cancel that trip and plan it for later in the year, if possible. The situation is utterly unpredictable, and you are coming at the worst possible time. That said, I am not sure what evidence the Thai immigration will require in terms of insurance, and you need to double check that Kaiser Permanente will cover both the travel insurance, as well as COVID insurance acquired during travel. As for the medical certificate, that will assume that you can get a proper test within your time frame. Furthermore, there is some talk that Thailand will simply shutdown all tourist entries for some period of time.

Is there a way to get a free voucher or refund  ?

I do see this option - 

https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/coronavirus-alert

to get a future credit .   

Edited by roaming2019
got the answer

5 minutes ago, roaming2019 said:

Is there a way to get a free voucher or refund  ?

I do see this option - 

https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/coronavirus-alert

to get a future credit .   

You need to call the airline that your ticket it booked with, or visit their website, to see their specific policy. Many airlines are attempting to be reasonable, because they will need to bootstrap travel once this pandemic settles down.

• Thanks 1

I was planning on returning, more or less permanently around May 1.

Everything is ready insurance, visa doc prep been waiting to reserve an air ticket thankfully

I am stuck here in the US. Dire, terrible situation.

Thailand will be a better place overall to wait this out. Now wish I pulled the plug last year.

There is no way to board with these requirements, why Thailand does this instead of just announcing a ban

like other countries is strange. Must be a face-saving gesture to stay some interest group. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VIPinLanna said:

Everything is ready insurance, visa doc prep been waiting to reserve an air ticket thankfully

Thailand will be a better place overall to wait this out. Now wish I pulled the plug last year.

There is no way to board with these requirements, why Thailand does this instead of just announcing a ban

like other countries is strange. Must be a face-saving gesture to stay some interest group. 

How did you manage to get this insurance stuff ?

Remember one thing and one thing only ,and it's something that every single Thai person believes and lives their whole life based on

Thailand is for Thai people ONLY

When the excrement splatters the Hatari, you will see what happens, and depending how bad it gets, it could get very ugly for Non Thais

Edited by Canuck1966

6 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

But, one only needs to look back to the "tourist spreading saliva" story to get a feeling of the xenophobia. 

They reported he in the elevator is a Thai not a tourist. The woman who spat gum on the bus is Chinese.

Edited by Mulambana

5 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

But, one only needs to look back to the "tourist spreading saliva" story to get a feeling of the xenophobia. 

Sure.  Some Thais are very xenophobic, and like posting provocative comments on social media (didn't the lift guy turn out to be Thai ????).  I think I would be more worried about xenophobia against Asians in Trump's USA and Boris' UK.

38 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Exaggeration and hyperbole doesn't help anyone.  

It's always been underlying but the last 6 years have got steadily worse and worse.

Anutin is the final nail in the coffin, spewing all kinds of bile on a weekly basis

34 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Sure.  Some Thais are very xenophobic, and like posting provocative comments on social media (didn't the lift guy turn out to be Thai ????).  I think I would be more worried about xenophobia against Asians in Trump's USA and Boris' UK.

You might be surprised just how accepting Americans, in general, are of Asians, even in rural neighborhoods. Even the Amish were very accepting of my Asian wife, even more so than they were to many "English" they encounter.

The media is the one that ties everything to racism. It suits their politics That's what is racist.

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Curt1591 said:

You might be surprised just how accepting Americans, in general, are of Asians, even in rural neighborhoods. Even the Amish were very accepting of my Asian wife, even more so than they were to many "English" they encounter.

The media is the one that ties everything to racism. It suits their politics That's what is racist.

It probably doesn't help having Trump as President, but your post is reassuring.

• Confused 1

The govt is doing absolutely zero for the people

Britain is pouring in billions and billions of pounds to make sure there isn't unrest

Unemployed hungry disenfranchised people is a recipe for disaster 

Desperate people do desperate things

It's far more important for the govt to keep cash in hand and make sure the baht is strong for a tiny % of the country

Edited by Canuck1966

I was planning to work through April, complete my retirement, then take at least take 90 days off come home, take another 90 days off (SETVs with a 30 day extension each).  This virus panic has put the kibosh on that.  Luckily I took a contract job in Mid January as I thought things might get dicey.  So I will just keep banking money, letting my Social Security grow another year and see what happens.  Plus there will likely be some buying opportunities in the Stock or Bond and even Real Estate market so building up some more cash for investment or buying is my plan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VIPinLanna said:

It might all be over by May ..... one way or the other.

Panic about flights next week (I did), but not flights next month.

Can't see worldwide air transport being shut for long, too many rich people losing money.