Britain's NHS could be overwhelmed like Italy, Johnson warns on coronavirus

rooster59

34 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes keep on hating Boris, that'll make this horrible virus go away. Everything is down to Big Bad Boris. Boris cannot just wave a magic wand and this nightmare will go away, we as citizens have to take some responsibility for are own health. 

I have just ordered my voodoo Boris Doll off Lazada, have you got any pins left?

There is no big bad Boris. Boris, the putinist, is a little man, who constantly lies to his followers.

Boris is a little man and that's all what he is. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do not try and claim that Sturgeon was / is. Or that Corbyn would've been. Or any other world leader is.

The chaos and panic has been fueled by fake news, but shows how inept political leaders really are when confronted by emergencies like this. Their risk management planning is <deleted>. All of them.

The boards could go quiet next week ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes institutes get funding for all sorts from aliens landing to Large Rodents rats overtaking the world.

It does not mean every single study is acted upon and studies are conducted for financial gain.

I suspect many countries health systems will be struggling regardless as the virus is just too contagious and systems cant cope.

So please don't try to make it a political point of view.

This was not a peper about aliens from outerspace landing in Essex to have sex with Large Rodents, this was a paper from the Robert Koch Institute, one of the leading health institutes in the world which predicted in the minutest detail what we are all now going through. It was put before the German parliament and debated there.

So it is not correct to say this pandemic could not be predicted. It could be predicted and it WAS predicted. In 2012, by a highly reputable government agency in Germany, the Robert Koch Insitute.

https://www.disclose.tv/pandemic-research-paper-by-the-german-government-from-2012-389626

Edited by Logosone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Nobody trusts the populist, putinist leader like Boris. 

These are the times, when all countries around the world need real leaders, who can actually function during times of distress. Boris is not even in the queue of being a real leader. 

He's actually doing pretty well compared to Trump and Prayuth to be fair and COBRA has all the devolves on board and in agreement. 

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

The country is behind Boris and his team

The country is behind a shopping trolley desperately trying to get the last toilet roll and cooking oil for themselves, damn anybody else, damn Boris Johnson whom most people in the country don't even think twice about.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The boards will go quiet next week if (when!) Salmond gets 'Weinstiened' 

There will be the dropping of a fellow Scotsmen like never seen since William Wallace.????

The I didn't like him, I never supported him, I knew there was something wrong with him will be echoed, all while he was leader of the SNP.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

How many health workers have left the UK since the Brexit referendum? How many of those were EU citizens entitled to work in other EU countries? How many non EU citizen health workers left the EU?

If you haven't got those facts available then you're making stories up.

Plenty. All of them EU workers are allowed to work in other EU countries. 

EU thanks UK government for making the situation such, that healthcare workers wish to return back to Europe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

There will be the dropping of a fellow Scotsmen like never seen since William Wallace.????

The I didn't like him, I never supported him, I knew there was something wrong with him will be echoed, all while he was leader of the SNP.

The Gurning Bullfrog's final victim will be Jimmy Kranky ????

Edited by evadgib
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

You are joking, right?

The Robert Koch Institute published a paper in 2012 warning of a coronavirus pandemic and its implications.

The UK government, like the German government, should have been prepared since 2012. 

They chose to do nothing.

very little mention of the 65000 that died in the USA... was it 2018?  this knee jerk response is solely down to the media pressure and in turn reflections in polls

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

4000 nurses and 500 doctors have just signed up for the NHS in the first 48hrs of the governments requests for ex doctors and nurses. 

How many thousands EU doctors and nurses have left the NHS due UK's rather racists policies of the day? 5000? 10000? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

It is true, but until you answer my question I asked a few days ago I will be selective like you. So no response from me.

You are now even already responding …. even that you don't realize ….? ????

BTW  I never submit to blackmail ….????  

????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TheDark said:

Eh? This is the perfect time to get rid of populists or should I say Putinists leaders, who got in to power with their constant lies and who don't really know how to lead a country. 

It's now time to let the adults lead and take charge. 

Wait, the system has been a failure for decades but now it's the people in charge for a few months? 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, englishoak said:

All health systems will become overwhelmed unless they flatten the curve to a manageable level.

Means: start with a lockdown, as the Chinese, South Koreans and Taiwanese tought the world. But in Italy... 11 small cities + villages.. were as open as an Emmenthaler cheese. Even a Slovanian TV crew went in and out, showing people to go out their zone for shopping.Sat 22 Feb all was over Europe on TV alls curiosity had to be satisfied, money to earn. Result: already over 4800 dead in North Italy and climbing per day, in this line crossing the 1000/day line maybe Tuesday 24 March. Infection all over Europe from returning sky-holiday makers. 

Boris the Liar even ignored all warnings. I am afraid I have to congratulate his governement by "cleaning up" the UK from many older& sicks.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, evadgib said:

This might explain why France has been caught deliberately stopping and trying to divert (ie steal!) lorryloads of PPE destined for NHS hospitals 

So nothing to do with the very public announcement on 3rd March that masks would be requisitioned then?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-france/france-reports-fourth-coronavirus-death-requisitions-masks-idUKKBN20Q2L3

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Not at all just provided you with the information about where the policy about herd immunity came from unlike you where you seem to blame Boris for everything

Who followed the information. Who kept talking about herd immunity?

Oh yeah that was Johnson.

But I understand. The phrase herd immunity is just the kind of slogan you guys like.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Who followed the information. Who kept talking about herd immunity?

Oh yeah that was Johnson.

But I understand. The phrase herd immunity is just the kind of slogan you guys like.

Boris was given the advice by the medical experts that were advising him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheDark said:

I don't know how difficult is for the Putinists to understand that herd immunity is what each and every country is aiming for. Yes, we all want that. 

But first and foremost, we want to reduce the infection rate, so that our healtcare systems can cope with the extra demand. 

In the western world, we don't usually think human being as commodity, the way like in the Putinist world tend to think of people. 

Now we finally see, how our societies take care of our people. I can only guess than in Russia, people are both able to take care of themselves and they also know that their government is useless. 

Please let us know, how do you think?

What Putin got to do with the Virus

• Like 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

Boris was given the advice by the medical experts that were advising him

Boris listened to the advice he wanted to hear. Basically Dominic Cumins who is actually running the country because Johnson has the attention span of a goldfish.

Plenty of real experts were telling Johnson to shut the country down but were ignored.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Boris listened to the advice he wanted to hear. Basically Dominic Cumins who is actually running the country because Johnson has the attention span of a goldfish.

Plenty of real experts were telling Johnson to shut the country down but were ignored.

Any evidence to support your wild claims

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Very nice.

Now show us the same graph with a timeline showing when the first cases were detected.

That will show the UK had plenty of warning about how bad this was going to get.

Johnson had plenty of warning. He decided to gamble. Essentially gambling with peoples lives.

We all remember the "Some of you are going to die but try not to inconvenience the NHS while you are doing it." speech. After all the Conservatives have been starving the NHS of funds for years. All the way back to Cameron and his idiot sidekick Gideon.   

You want a graph, you look for it, I'm not your lacky. Sorry it doesn't meet with your approval, I'll try to find something next time that meets with your biased opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

You want a graph, you look for it, I'm not your lacky. Sorry it doesn't meet with your approval, I'll try to find something next time that meets with your biased opinion.

Avoiding inconvenient facts again eh vogie?

• Sad 3