Britain's NHS could be overwhelmed like Italy, Johnson warns on coronavirus

rooster59

31 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Indeed that is good news. Now when do you think we'll be seeing some sign of that unity in the UK you were talking about? Thus far, I see absolutely zero evidence to back up your claim.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Boris listened to the advice he wanted to hear. Basically Dominic Cumins who is actually running the country because Johnson has the attention span of a goldfish.

Plenty of real experts were telling Johnson to shut the country down but were ignored.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Any evidence to support your wild claims

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

Any evidence supporting your wild claims that Dominic Cummings is running the country 

23 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Indeed that is good news. Now when do you think we'll be seeing some sign of that unity in the UK you were talking about? Thus far, I see absolutely zero evidence to back up your claim.

This is not a court of law !  Where I live on the outskirts of London - the place is quiet , peaceful and seemingly stoic if for my tastes a little ignorant of what they need to do social distancing-wise and what is no doubt about to happen. Some of that 'unity' is no doubt in my head but hey better to be positive at this point rather than continuously downbeat. 

11 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes highly probable. I spoke with friends today who are both NHS workers and they are stretched working up too 18 hour shifts.

Before anyone starts using a political rhetoric as a possible reasons.

Nobody could foresee this and countries like Italy, USA and others will also be overwhelmed. It is going to be the norm in most places.

Could not foresee? Please. The UK population refused to social distance. They were out partying and packing public venues until the government forced them to close only a few short days ago. It was obvious weeks ago that the UK would get hit.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheDark said:

That's easy to answer. Adults are the people who understand that with powers comes responsibilities.

???? ... Not many adults around then ... especially in politics 555 ... Maybe that is why they joined that club ...   

In the case of Norway the warning from WHO could not have been clearer. You have only one chance please act now! The health authorities replied ,now its not the time for drastic measures. Flights continued to arrive with infected holidaymakers from North Italy and Austria spreading the virus .In a future crash investigation there must be provisions for immediate lock down of airports and borders in such circumstances.

The stupidity of folk I've seen today playing the park , sharing slides and the like- families mixing with old folk , and a pub with the curtains closed doing a lock in are beyond stupid. I despair for my fellow man and what is about to engulf them. Wise up folks follow the rules scrupulously lives and not just your own depend on it. This isn't an effin holiday, it's a bloody war. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I knew there was something wrong with him will be echoed, all while he was leader of the SNP.

Wrong again, he was a snake as a student activist.

The English do not have a monopoly on being taken in by deceptive politicians.

13 hours ago, vogie said:

You want a graph, you look for it, I'm not your lacky. Sorry it doesn't meet with your approval, I'll try to find something next time that meets with your biased opinion.

The Beano is now under the Dandy banner.....????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

The stupidity of folk I've seen today playing the park , sharing slides and the like- families mixing with old folk , and a pub with the curtains closed doing a lock in are beyond stupid. I despair for my fellow man and what is about to engulf them. Wise up folks follow the rules scrupulously lives and not just your own depend on it. This isn't an effin holiday, it's a bloody war. 

The governments of every single country in the world were UNABLE to isolate their countries on time, when the writing was on the wall in Wuhan for several months.

Because of their failures to isolate their countries on time the people are in this situation and now the governments have effectively palmed off the responsibility for isolation on each individual instead.

Keep blaming the people if you want, we all know who is really to blame for this in the first place.

Edited by Logosone
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Opl said:

"Herd immunity" when the health system is overwhelmed , then lucidity commands to name it " survival of the fittest". 

Quite, "Herd immunity" is a selective concept with view to reducing future outlay and workload.

Free flu jabs are only offered to a particular sector of the population, rest are assumed to have herd immunity. Policy has not been as effective as originally perceived, this last winter for the first time primary school children were included in the program, they are now seen as "super spreaders".

52 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

:clap2:A Scott who is now saying he was no good. So you supported the SNP while he was leader then? I get it now.

I can't wait for all the other Scott's on here come up with some other excuses as you have.

Just highlights how much attention you actually pay to what gets said.

I have posted many times that I have never supported Alex Salmond, his leadership or agreed with independence under his plan. In modern day rhetoric he would have been branded a terrorist as a student, and leopards do not change their spots.

Of course as usual when you get it wrong, a personal attack is an easy option.

22 hours ago, vogie said:

It's quite unbelievable that in this time of crisis that some people chose to vilify Boris and it is not because of Boris Johnsons performance on Covid 19, it is because of his past performance of removing the logjam that was parliament and scuppering any chance of there being a second referendum. The country needs to unite and stop all this unfounded bickering, he is listening to the finest experts in the land in our hour of need, he cannot do any more.

Unfortunately or fortunately he isn't listening to the health experts on here who have decided the whole thing is political. It's the fault of Brexit that this virus started in China?.

It has caught out the world, not just political parties and individual politions.

No one could have prepared for this.

People in UK are now working on their plan B. Plan A for most was 'don't believe it'

Plan B 'panic'

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they go to Plan C. Take to the streets and demonstrate followed by go home pass the virus to your parents and watch them die slowly.

The place seems to populated by ( well used expression ) self important ( deleted by me ).

Two weeks at home seems to be something they feel attacks their sense of freedom and self entitlement.

I will look at fellow brits in a whole different way from now on, sad to say, and that includes the ones I know here still having get together for a beer nights and birthday parties. 

Sad stupid people.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, overherebc said:

No one could have prepared for this.

Not only could they have prepared, the governments should have prepared for this.

As early as 2012 the world reknown Robert Koch institute warned what could happen if a coronavirus would hit Germany.

It was debated in German parliament. It was public knowledge.

https://www.disclose.tv/pandemic-research-paper-by-the-german-government-from-2012-389626

Not only did experts warn well in time, back in 2012, so governments should have prepared, we all saw in slow-motion back in December and January how Wuhan unfolded. The governments could at least then have isolated their countries when it still would have made a difference.

Of course, like in 2012, they did nothing.

Now, after being unable to isolate their countries they've passed the responsibility down to the individual to self-isolate and threaten a 20000 pound fine and imprisonment if they fail to do what the governments could not do, self-isolate.

The governments could have prepared. They are to blame.

25 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Not only could they have prepared, the governments should have prepared for this.

As early as 2012 the world reknown Robert Koch institute warned what could happen if a coronavirus would hit Germany.

It was debated in German parliament. It was public knowledge.

https://www.disclose.tv/pandemic-research-paper-by-the-german-government-from-2012-389626

Not only did experts warn well in time, back in 2012, so governments should have prepared, we all saw in slow-motion back in December and January how Wuhan unfolded. The governments could at least then have isolated their countries when it still would have made a difference.

Of course, like in 2012, they did nothing.

Now, after being unable to isolate their countries they've passed the responsibility down to the individual to self-isolate and threaten a 20000 pound fine and imprisonment if they fail to do what the governments could not do, self-isolate.

The governments could have prepared. They are to blame.

You really believe that 7/8 years ago he, like some prophet, saw the future Corona Virus.

I the 70's I did an NBC course and we had guys ( experts in the field at the time ) doing the lecturing.

One of them stated then that at 'some time in the future' something on these lines would appear and would be serious and there will be very little the world will be able to do about it. So the idea is nothing new.

Try to stop all the political <deleted> and stay home for a couple of weeks. That might make a difference.

Winning political points and people posting fartoids? just doesn't help.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1