Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

6 minutes ago, xvend said:

USA on a 30 day exempt that I already extended for 30 days. They ask me for my flight ticket out and to show it was cancelled. Since I hadn't booked a flight yet I could not show them a cancelled flight and because there are flights to the USA it was a no go.

I still have some time on my exempt, so Im weighing my options.

That's terrible news. I am in the same situation. However, I have a ticket, but not proof of cancellation. However, Taiwan has shut it's doors to foreigners since midnight the 19th, but I don't know if they will view that as the same as cancellation. Also, sorry to hear that happened to you.

Edited by vermin on arrival
more info

I also add I am in the application process for the Elite Visa but it won't be ready in Time. They advised me exactly as Immigration, so I will have book a flight somewhere for the time being ????

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you can get a letter from your embassy, you will qualify under category 2. Otherwise, you will need to plead your case under category 3, probably resulting in the application being taken under consideration with a report back date 7 days later (30 days being given if successful).

Thanks mate. I suspect those letters will be as easy to get as hen's teeth. 

I'm on a multi entry visa so I guess I need to pray the land border with Cambodia is open when I need to do my visa run in May. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

@ubonjoe is CW our only option here in BKK or might we be able to go elsewhere? I really am not looking forward to going there for a variety of reasons.

If you are living in Bangkok that is your only choice.

• Thanks 2

my country is not on the list and scores "BETTER" than those on that list

but because I have a multi non-o, I have to beg my embassy if the are willing (another useless trip and dangerous transportation) to deliver me a paper

while "tourists" don't need this extra <deleted>

logic ?  lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, justin case said:

my country is not on the list and scores "BETTER" than those on that list

but because I have a multi non-o, I have to beg my embassy if the are willing (another useless trip and dangerous transportation) to deliver me a paper

while "tourists" don't need this extra <deleted>

logic ?  lol

You are supposed to apply for a one year extension, a tourist can't do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

@ubonjoe is CW our only option here in BKK or might we be able to go elsewhere? I really am not looking forward to going there for a variety of reasons.

You can just travel to any province of your choice, stay at a hotel for one night (confirm that they do an online TM30 for you), and the next day you are good to use the immigration office in this province.

2 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You are supposed to apply for a one year extension, a tourist can't do that.

if I could, I would, but can't thanks to EX WIFE who is owner of the house I live with my child as in court divorce agreement my ex does not follow... 100.000 baht for a lawyer ro try to go to court and appeal a judge to "ask" if my ex would follow what she signed in divorce agreement

aka, I need a signed copy of her ID and tabien baan, as what people with a RENTAL contract need

ah, yes, my ex tried to get me out of the country since BEFORE our divorce with s. xxx like this

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:
3 hours ago, jackdd said:

Imho this is only for citizens from countries listed on this document. But they didn't write this really clear, so could also be for everybody, but to be sure we have to wait for reports from people next week.

You are wrong. The first paragraph clarifies it.

image.png.3555dd0bb26dcbbaa982fd68f938f340.png

The highlighted text doesn't clarify anything.

@jackdd is right to raise the question.

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I entered on a VE last year - it was converted to a ED Visa at Immigration here

Do you think I will qualify for a extension?

You can qualify under 2 or 3 if you cannot leave the country.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You can qualify under 2 or 3 if you cannot leave the country.

One person here said that since flights are still going to his home country, the US, he was denied extension on Friday. He also did not have a canceled flight ticket in his possession. I guess the crucial word here is can. Do you think next week their may be more leniency?

4 minutes ago, Paulbuick1 said:

What about people who have OA or M visa based on marriage who do border runs every 90 days would they need to get a letter as most land borders are now closed. Does this just apply to tourist visas?

Anyone on a Multi Entry NON O can apply for a 60 day extension based on visiting their wife or child at the end of any 90 day entry. That's nothing to do with COVID-19. 

Edited by PST
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Paulbuick1 said:

What about people who have OA or M visa based on marriage who do border runs every 90 days would they need to get a letter as most land borders are now closed. Does this just apply to tourist visas?

You can get a 60 day or 1 year extension. Or apply for a 30 day extension if you can prove you cant travel or get a letter from your embassy.

• Like 1

Just now, elviajero said:

You can get a 60 day or 1 year extension. Or apply for a 30 day extension if you can prove you cant travel or get a letter from your embassy.

Also not a bad time to get the 60 day extension, then apply for 1 year straight after.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

This week, If anyone successfully acquires the extension based on the letter provided by Ubonjoe, please share your success story with us! ????

Good point. Just to throw in word of caution. I was talking to couple backpackers on island. I told them about this update. They had already obtain extension to their 30 day VE entry.

They can fly out all be it not easy (UK+OZ)

Their reply was "great news we want to stay anyway now can buy another extension". 

Recently when I got back refunds from Airbnb bookings they wanted me to send flight cancellations to Japan

1 hour ago, In the jungle said:

Meanwhile in Blighty:

Subject to the below guidance, most people in the UK whose immigration status is affected by the coronavirus outbreak will get an automatic extension of their visa until 31 March 2020.

Automatic.  Crikey!

Automatic means here 1,900 baht

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vermin on arrival said:

One person here said that since flights are still going to his home country, the US, he was denied extension on Friday. He also did not have a canceled flight ticket in his possession. I guess the crucial word here is can. Do you think next week their may be more leniency?

he was in Phuket too

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

They can keep going back for additional 30 days? 30 days are unlikely to be enough

I agree, although at this point, it's probably enough to allow the borders with neighboring countries to re-open. Unless extended, Malaysia will re-open on April 1, Thailand will re-open it's Burmese crossings by April 4, while the Lao crossings are said to re-open by April 21. BTW most Lao crossings technically remain 'open' but they aren't allowing foreigners through except with a visa in advance and in exceptional circumstances and of course commercial trucks are exempted as well. Cambodia will reportedly allow entries for banned nationalities after mid-April.

Many flights will remain suspended until as late as 24 Oct 2020 though...however, some airlines like THAI continue to fly.

• Like 1