Immigration Is Allowing 30 Day Extensions Of Entries (memorandum dated 18/03)

The German Embassy does not issue letters for visa extensions. This is what they say on their website:

"Die Deutsche Botschaft Bangkok stellt (entgegen anderslautender Informationen in den sozialen Medien) keine Bescheinigungen zur Visa-Verlängerung aus."

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, justin case said:

are you kidding me ... to what country, at what risk and need that no-virus LAB TEST + 100k USD insurance and still can end up 14 days in quarantine...

Not if you dont leave Thailand. Read what i wrote

Edited by PST

Hi urbonjoe,

I'm currently on an 30 day extension of a TV which expires 14th April and my flight of 11th April has been cancelled ( I'm still trying to get through to see if they offer alternatives or not,) I was originally planning to do a border hop early April to get a 30 day Visa Exempt to extend my stay but this is no longer possible. If I'm understanding this notice correctly, I can apply for a 30 day extension now under statement 1. My question is as follows: Are these extensions only available if flights are cancelled  and there are no other flights available before the expiry date of the current permission to stay and/ or the applicants returning country has closed its borders. Or can I just rock up with my existing TV stamp and get it extended regardless? Your expert advice would be gratefully recieved. 

2 minutes ago, nofarang said:

The German Embassy does not issue letters for visa extensions. This is what they say on their website:

"Die Deutsche Botschaft Bangkok stellt (entgegen anderslautender Informationen in den sozialen Medien) keine Bescheinigungen zur Visa-Verlängerung aus."

I know it's ridiculous. We are on our own. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, somebody, please... The max fine for overstay is 20,000 baht, is it not? And that includes being put on the blacklist which means you cannot enter Thailand for the next 5 or 10 years? Does it include any kind of jail time or similar restriction of personal freedom? Or do you pay the 20,000 baht fine, get the blacklist stamp in your passport, and fly off to your home country waving goodbye to Thailand for the foreseeable future?

Hi Guys

I'm currently on an 30 day extension of a TV which expires 14th April and my flight of 11th April has been cancelled ( I'm still trying to get through to see if they offer alternatives or not,) I was originally planning to do a border hop early April to get a 30 day Visa Exempt to extend my stay but this is no longer possible. If I'm understanding this notice correctly, I can apply for a 30 day extension now under statement 1. My question is as follows: Are these extensions only available if flights are cancelled  and there are no other flights available before the expiry date of the current permission to stay and/ or the applicants returning country has closed its borders. Or can I just rock up with my existing TV stamp and get it extended regardless? Your expert advice would be gratefully recieved. 

Edited by Stoni1
Audience

2 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

this is amazing. can you link us to the original thread that posted the letter? ????

it was from Facebook, i will try and find it. Im sure one of the Admins will spot it and make a post accordingly

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

...some folks may be forced into this situation.

Its illegal. so they will probably come and find you before you can leave the country and then you will be end up in the overcrowded deportation center where you will get the virus anyway. Don't try to do it. 

https://tratimmigration.com/thailand-visa-overstay-regulations/

Edited by bestie
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, PST said:

it was from Facebook, i will try and find it. Im sure one of the Admins will spot it and make a post accordingly

thanks! would be great to get a higher resolution of the letter since it's not printing well at current resolution. 

thanks for the support! this is a godsend!

12 minutes ago, bangkokboy888 said:

this is amazing. can you link us to the original thread that posted the letter? ????

let me guess... immigration will NEED an original PRINTED letter, no e-mail print-out

and off course, with your name, passport number, because a generic letter for all citizens, naaahhhhhhhh

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, justin case said:

let me guess... immigration will NEED an original PRINTED letter, no e-mail print-out

and off course, with your name, passport number, because a generic letter for all citizens, naaahhhhhhhh

well its the best i could do trying to help others. I dont see anything coming from you apart from negative comments.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, justin case said:

they requested it original from the italian embassy, at least during last week

5 minutes ago, john thom said:

Justin case- I just received that letter in an email. Don't think U.S. embassy is mailing individual letters. Can only hope it flys-

There are no individual letters coming from US Embassy as per my e-mail received last night which included the standard letter. They were saying the e-mail communication with the embassy was needed as well. I hope for many people's sake that the stand alone standard letter will work. It took just 2(or3?)days for them to get back to me with the letter after I contacted them via the website contact us.

• Like 1

Concerning American Expats:

EXCERPT of U.S. Embassy Bkk Health Alert March 21, 2020. 

The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory – Do Not Travel.  

U.S. citizens normally resident in the U.S. but currently outside the U.S,, i.e. tourists and other short-term travelers, should return while there are still transportation options available. 

U.S. citizens normally resident overseas should avoid international travel.  

The Travel Advisory does not constitute a “recall” of all U.S. citizens to the United States.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

This bold print phrase above has not been sent out before by the Embassy. As a Non B Multi-Entry guy, I need a a border run asap. But was blocked at Malaysia, then Ranong then Nong Khai. Cambodia is not an option for Americans in this mess.

As a long term resident here in Thailand, I plan on using this phrase along with the Thai Immigration Form posted to petition Thai Immigration for some relief. 

Long shot but otherwise I have no shot. 

Malaysia said they would decide on March 31, if they would reopen the border. But doubtful I think. 

This is mostly a FYI... 

47 minutes ago, PST said:

Surely if a NON O ME holder has a visa which is still valid, and they cant leave to a border to do a run to get another 90 days, then they simply extend by 60 days as per normal circumstances?

OK. I didn't know that rule. Same for SE? 

I currently have a non OA with no re-entry permit, and planned to let it expire and then apply for non O using tourist visa. 

I was going to wait until OA has less than 30 days remaining, then do single day out/in border crossing and return visa exempt to buy time for non O application process. 

I don't want to return to USA right now thru 4 international airports, etc. But if I can't cross land borders I'm out of luck. 

Are you saying I could get a 60 day extension of my OA Permission to Stay which expires May 22?

If true that would allow me to wait until July 22 to do a border run or a return to USA after (hopefully) the virus scare has diminished. 

Thanks for the suggestion PST. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jackdd said:

Imho this is only for citizens from countries listed on this document. But they didn't write this really clear, so could also be for everybody, but to be sure we have to wait for reports from people next week.

Country No. 9 = England. So are Scots, Taffies and Paddies OK?

• Haha 1

Attached is a standard letter from the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok requesting the Royal Thai Government's (RTG) Bureau of Immigration issue an extension of stay.  Some U.S. citizens have reported successfully obtaining an extension of stay by showing this letter and copies of their email correspondence with the Embassy. 

At any given time, there are over 100,000 U.S. citizens in Thailand on tourists visas.  U.S. Embassy Bangkok and Consulate General Chiang Mai do not currently have the capacity to produce original and personalized letters.  We continue to raise this issue with the RTG, and we ask your patience as we discuss this requirement.

The Global Level 4 Health Advisory (https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/ea/travel-advisory-alert-global-level-4-health-advisory-issue.html) asks U.S. citizens who live in the United States to arrange for immediate return to the United States, unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period.  There are no travel restrictions from Thailand to the United States and we encourage U.S. citizens to take advantage of the availability of commercial flights while they are still available.

A number of U.S. citizens have indicated that they plan to return to the United States in the coming weeks or months, and are requesting visa extension letters to cover that time period.  If this applies to you, we would ask that you work with your airline to change your tickets and make plans to depart immediately.  Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice, and the fight that you planned to take may not be operating at a later date.  

You can stay up to date with the latest alerts by enrolling in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at step.state.gov and monitoring the U.S. Embassy website. We will post alerts to the website as soon as they become available.

Letter to TH Immigration.pdf

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

OK. I didn't know that rule. Same for SE? 

I currently have a non OA with no re-entry permit, and planned to let it expire and then apply for non O using tourist visa. 

I was going to wait until OA has less than 30 days remaining, then do single day out/in border crossing and return visa exempt to buy time for non O application process. 

I don't want to return to USA right now thru 4 international airports, etc. But if I can't cross land borders I'm out of luck. 

Are you saying I could get a 60 day extension of my OA Permission to Stay which expires May 22?

If true that would allow me to wait until July 22 to do a border run or a return to USA after (hopefully) the virus scare has diminished. 

Thanks for the suggestion PST. 

A SE you can still apply for a 60 day extension when or just before your 90 day SE entry expires. The only issue i see with what you have suggested, is the availability of doing a border cross to enter with a VE as no one knows when certain borders will re-open. Currently also, ALL Nationalities are required to produce a health cert, and insurance covering COVID to be able to enter Thailand.

The second part of your post seems more viable

Edited by PST
  • Thanks 1