letter from U.S. Embassy-

I just received a letter from u.s. embassy to give to io. emailed them yesterday and told them  I'm retired here for 4 yrs. Since they stopped giving us letters of income, we have to, either put 800k bhat in bank and only be able to use 400k of it , or the 65k per month, for 1 yr I chose the 65k, I have 4 months to go for my 1 yr of transfers. I'v been going to laos for a 90 day non o imm. have to go in April, but looks like that will be a no. Gave them all this info and received my letter today by email. going to sisaket io today and see what they say- 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john thom said:

to bring ti thai io for 30 day extension of your visa, because of all border closings, and not being to do border runs

Why dont you just extend your current 90 day permission to stay by 60 days when or just before it expires. Any entry of a 90 day permission to stay can be extended by 60 DAYS

Edited by PST

3 minutes ago, PST said:

Why dont you just extend your current 90 day permission to stay by 60 days when or just before it expires. Any entry of a 90 day permission to stay can be extended by 60 DAYS

No it can't. 

Can only be extended by 60 days for purpose of visiting Thai wife, not retirement.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, greggraham said:

It still doesn't meet the memo's demands of naming the person though. 

Of course! Naturally we have another negative input. How do you know that it doesn´t? Have you seen the document? Didn´t expect anything else. Now you can discuss the danger of not knowing if a name is on a paper or not for the next 50 pages. Good luck!

3 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

I don't understand what Letter? Does he have a extension based on Retirement? If so why the need for 90 day visa run?

Totally confusing!!!!????

No it´s not confusing at all. He clearly state that he has been on retirement for 4 years. That was before they asked for 12 month deposits to approve an extension. he have 4 month left to can show that, and was planning a new Non-O visa run because his extension runs out before he have proof of deposits for 12 month. Therefore he needed a document to get 30 day extensions because it´s difficult to impossible to do any visa runs at present time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No it´s not confusing at all. He clearly state that he has been on retirement for 4 years. That was before they asked for 12 month deposits to approve an extension. he have 4 month left to can show that, and was planning a new Non-O visa run because his extension runs out before he have proof of deposits for 12 month. Therefore he needed a document to get 30 day extensions because it´s difficult to impossible to do any visa runs at present time.

I think your confused yourself.

The OP doesn't have any kind of extension.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I think your confused yourself.

The OP doesn't have any kind of extension.

Ok, Still been living here on retirement 4 years. Can be on multiple Non-O then as an alternative. The result is the same and his visa goes out before he have enough deposits for make an extension. That results in the need of a visa trip and a new Non-O until he have enough deposits. Now it´s probelm with visa runs, so he need a document for a 30 day extension at an Immigration office.

Same thing. Was just you that needed to feel important, right?

Also looks like @beachproperty understood, and that was the purpose of my post. Let´s leave it with that.

Edited by Matzzon

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Same thing. Was just you that needed to feel important, right?

No, the OP's grammar obviously caused some to be confused although I understood his situation.

You then complicated an already confusing post by stating his extension was running out.

The OP has a 90 day permission of stay granted by entry from a Non O Visa. (Not an extension).

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Good that you report that. Wonder what all that posted it was impossible to get the embassy´s to issue such a letter have to say now????

Thanks!

Because the ACS office in BKK at least appears to have ceased offering any notorial services appointments whatsoever. I checked their appointments website over the weekend, and NOTHING was listed as available anytime for months....

But I didn't see anything on their website saying that people could request the Embassy letter they needed by email and have it sent back by return email.

OP @john thom, did you get some info from somewhere advising that you could make the letter request via email???  And is the letter you received personalized with your name and other info, or just some kind of form letter?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Good that you report that. Wonder what all that posted it was impossible to get the embassy´s to issue such a letter have to say now????

Thanks!

People are being denied with those letters since they are standard ones and not personal ones, even with e-mail correspondence with the embassy. Best they are getting seems to be 7 days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because the ACS office in BKK at least appears to have ceased offering any notorial services appointments whatsoever. I checked their appointments website over the weekend, and NOTHING was listed as available anytime for months....

But I didn't see anything on their website saying that people could request the Embassy letter they needed by email and have it sent back by return email.

OP, did you get some info from somewhere advising that you could make the letter request via email???

I refer to the well known expression "If there is a will.................." At least the OP checked things up before starting to say that it was impossible.

Why would they need to express such obvious information on their website. I think it´s good that they let people use their grey cells instead.

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, beachproperty said:

I don't understand what Letter? Does he have a extension based on Retirement? If so why the need for 90 day visa run?

Totally confusing!!!!????

beachproperty-  After u.s embassy stopped giving letters of income, they wouldn't renew my extension unless I could show 12 months of transfers from my u.s bank to my thai bank. At the time I only had 3 months. Sisaket io refused, stating not enough transfers ( even after I showed them information from Bangkok stating to renew because of new law starting Jan 1 2019, and nobody would have 12 months). They told me to go to Laos, and get 90 day non o imm. so that's what I've been doing till I have 12 months of transfers

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Yeah, OK!

You are some peace of work! That was before I posted my reply. Did you see the like on my reply from beachproperty after that? Now of course not. You were just too busy trying to feed your impulse to reply with irrelevant information. Please check things up before making stupid mistakes.

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

OP @john thom, did you get some info from somewhere advising that you could make the letter request via email???

no, just sent email to embassy stating my concern about border runs and closings, and how to extend. They sent me letter

3 minutes ago, john thom said:

no, just sent email to embassy stating my concern about border runs and closings, and how to extend. They sent me letter

Thanks much!  Is the letter you received personalized with your info such as name, passport #, address, etc etc... or is it just some kind of generic form letter?

I'm asking because of the comment above, as follows:

People are being denied with those letters since they are standard ones and not personal ones, even with e-mail correspondence with the embassy. Best they are getting seems to be 7 days.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

32 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No, the OP's grammar obviously caused some to be confused although I understood his situation.

You then complicated an already confusing post by stating his extension was running out.

The OP has a 90 day permission of stay granted by entry from a Non O Visa. (Not an extension).

Can not confuse anybody, because the only thing relevant is that he did not have enough deposit and needed other alternative instead, hence the need of the letter that gives him the extension he need. You on the other hand are complicating things for yourself, by digging yourself deeper in a bottomless pit.

11 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

BS! Let´s just wait and see. 

To @john thom Please be kind to update us about the response from your immigration office. I am pretty sure it will work fine. Good Luck!

To all other. Please continue to live in your negative misery and complain about everything. I guess your lives are exactly as you want then. I will take another beer and relax. Will not respond or reply to any more complaining  and argumental nonsense.

Edited by Matzzon

37 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

yes Tanoshi, your right, sorry for confusing everybody-