Leading Thai doctor in dire warning: Deadly Italian strain of Covid-19 now set to wreak havoc in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, fcbkk said:

Most governments incl. China failed to make the tough calls early enough. Few have acted reasonably, to mention one Taiwan seems to have handled it better than most. 

An added reckless behaviour lies in the ill-prepared state of national health services caused by underfunding/privatisation, and there are major differences across countries. 

Putting profit before the wellbeing of people and planet is the root of the problem. Can only hope we learn from this mess and positive change will result. 

Yes, but not because Chinese doctors did not do excellent work and did not warn of the illness. They did. As usual it was the politicians who delayed everything.

We can be sure that spending on the national health systems will increase massively now, with all the extra taxation that will bring, to people out of work, failing companies etc, one wonders who will pay for it. As usual the next generations. We have to look our children in the eye and tell them we mortgaged their future because our senior politicians have been unable to pay for things that should have been paid for in our generation.

20 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, but not because Chinese doctors did not do excellent work and did not warn of the illness. They did. As usual it was the politicians who delayed everything.

We can be sure that spending on the national health systems will increase massively now, with all the extra taxation that will bring, to people out of work, failing companies etc, one wonders who will pay for it. As usual the next generations. We have to look our children in the eye and tell them we mortgaged their future because our senior politicians have been unable to pay for things that should have been paid for in our generation.

For a start billionaires could be taxed appropriately. Fat chance i know, but i guess we can all do something to help bring change about. Be it cutting the wildlife trade in CN and elsewhere, or the general unsustainable abuse of our planet and resources. Perhaps this mess can help galvanise efforts to clean up our act and put the wellbeing of people and planet first. 

1 hour ago, fcbkk said:

For a start billionaires could be taxed appropriately. Fat chance i know, but i guess we can all do something to help bring change about. Be it cutting the wildlife trade in CN and elsewhere, or the general unsustainable abuse of our planet and resources. Perhaps this mess can help galvanise efforts to clean up our act and put the wellbeing of people and planet first. 

Yes, sadly, there's not enough billionaires to fix the problems in one country, let alone all of planet earth.

People as a whole, especially the better off, are already massively overtaxed. It's never enough.

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

Snip>  who will pay for it. As usual the next generations. We have to look our children in the eye and tell them we mortgaged their future because our senior politicians have been unable to pay for things that should have been paid for in our generation.

We already did morgage their future, UK and US debt levels are horrendous, paying for Covid is just going to massively increase the burden.

I wish no individuals any harm, but if Covid turns out to be the BOOMER DOOMER, there will be a certain poetic justice in it. We signed them up to pay for our unaffordable pensions, and inflated the housing market to a point where they couldn't buy their own homes.

22 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

We already did morgage their future, UK and US debt levels are horrendous, paying for Covid is just going to massively increase the burden.

I wish no individuals any harm, but if Covid turns out to be the BOOMER DOOMER, there will be a certain poetic justice in it. We signed them up to pay for our unaffordable pensions, and inflated the housing market to a point where they couldn't buy their own homes.

That's very true.

I would hope that in the impending debt, taxation and re-distribution reset the entire way of life off free hand outs will be thought through. The problem is politicians will do rules for the here and now, if they have any means to access billions at the cost of our children, they will have no qualms in doing so if it gets them elected.

Nevertheless, given the great redistribution in favour of the health service which will no doubt happen after this, other areas will have to accept smaller shares, social benefits and pension spring to mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, balo said:

The history books will blame the Chinese for eating bats , that's all I know. They destroyed many people's lives. 

Kindly keep your xenophobic nonsense to yourself. A virus may destroy lives not the Chinese. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Yes, sadly, there's not enough billionaires to fix the problems in one country, let alone all of planet earth.

People as a whole, especially the better off, are already massively overtaxed. It's never enough.

I disagree with both your statements there. Billionaires refers to individuals as well as corporations and most use evasion and/or legal loopholes to be vastly undertaxed in many regions on the planet.

Whether that alone would be sufficient i don’t know, but it would be a start and a more balanced and fair tax system could make a big difference, including relief for those less well off. 

15 minutes ago, fcbkk said:

Kindly keep your xenophobic nonsense to yourself. A virus may destroy lives not the Chinese. 

I'm talking about the bats , not the Chinese. "They" Bats . 

3 hours ago, Logosone said:

if the Drs had any inkling of the CCP going to go full effort primarily to Cover it up; they would have Whistleblown rather than Report it... 

1 hour ago, balo said:

I'm talking about the bats , not the Chinese. "They" Bats . 

So now it is bats who destroyed many people’s lives, with the Chinese just mentioned on the sidelines? Why are you hiding behind semantics? Racism has destroyed many lives full stop. 

11 hours ago, johno49 said:

This is not a time for blame

Correct. Let's do that after the mayhem. China better start writing blank checks to the rest of the world.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2020 at 3:27 PM, Ebumbu said:

It does sound tinged with racism. Oh, farang strain is worse! Perhaps he wants to cover his own ass when people start dying in larger numbers. 

How did Italy get the virus? Same as everyone else, from Wuhan. I call BS. I've heard zero about this from reliable sources: WHO and CDC.

The University of Valencia in a statement said: "The conclusion that has been reached after the analysis carried out is that, until now, no mutation has been found associated with greater virulence, lethality, or some interesting property from a clinical point of view."

Italian researchers came to the same conclusion.

Not sure I'd call WHO a reliable source. China lacky reliable source may be more accurate.

• Like 1

There is no Italian Strain...the reason Italy's numbers are so bad is because they Import mass amounts of Cheap Migrant Slave Laborers to work in their Leather Sweat Shops. But the Media wants to Scare everyone...Fear Mongering isnt about your Safety...its about Control                                                                                    https://www.google.com/search?q=chinese workers in italy&rlz=1CAMWDF_enUS863&oq=chinese &aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j69i65l2j69i60l2j69i61.4860j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&fbclid=IwAR3xgICso4JgN_5sIRbbr63A8_B5uRXXDuNqhyIm9st7lre87i68tyNkBRs           

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Rudie k said:

There is no Italian Strain...

Well, actually there are and many others too: https://nextstrain.org/ncov

But there's no evidence any of those tiny mutations have caused the virus to change it's charasteristics. Also, once Thailand sequences some of the current confirmed samples, I would bet it's Wuhan originated and hasn't circled back from Europe. It's just taken a long time to start exploding, probably due to warm weather.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2020 at 1:04 AM, waders123 said:

China's leadership culture is all about coverup and distraction.  They are masters in the "smoke and mirrors" techniques of sleight-of-hand illusions on large scale applications.  This is not a racial attack on any race or a slight against the people of China.  I am simply pointing out that China has leaders that are corrupt and inept and their mishandling of this whole coronavirus issue was a tragic mistake for their citizens as well as for the world.  I would hope that the citizens of China look at this after it is contained and force change on their government to promote a better and more open government.  

The US with Trump and the Thai government here.  Are they any different?

14 hours ago, HHTel said:

The US with Trump and the Thai government here.  Are they any different?

CCP was in charge of taking control and stopping the original virus outbreak that spread throughout the world; Trump was not the person in charge of the that government....that is the difference. 

1 minute ago, Polaky said:

This also begs the question, where was the origin of this virus if you have different strains .

By the way probably Just coincidence ???????? but  atleast 70,000 chinese and more  especially with former hometown Wuhan are living in Northern Italy.. Some even bought Italian passports for 200,000 Euros.

whole areas are fully chinese there. They mostly involved in the garment industry!

There are reports on the internet, all of the dead people in Italy, from the virus, took Advil (ibuprofen) to reduce the fever. Apparently, Advil kick starts the virus into pneumonia and makes the virus 10 times stronger. 

If you get the virus, it may be best to avoid Advil to reduce the fever.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

By the way probably Just coincidence ???????? but  atleast 70,000 chinese and more  especially with former hometown Wuhan are living in Northern Italy.. Some even bought Italian passports for 200,000 Euros.

whole areas are fully chinese there. They mostly involved in the garment industry!

Never knew that. 

But a bit of context would help, how about numbers in the rest of Italy and also Europe. 

• 4 weeks later...

There is a risk that must be taken into account: If Thailand got the early Wuhan version, and most people have had it as asymptomatic, it could create a false sense of security due to perceived immunity for other strains, an immunity that might not be there at all. 

The implication is, Thailand should check for antibodies in large randomized tests and if present, keep the borders very, very tight to minimize the seep of the other strains into the country. They will still come, but could at least be managed with extensive testing and tracing, like Singapore is currently trying to do.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikeasq60 said:

Oh no the Italian corona virus Thailand is doomed! How many would die on Thai roads during Songran?

Last year there were 386 deaths during the seven days of  Songkran , so I guess one can say that Covid 19 saves lives