Leading Thai doctor in dire warning: Deadly Italian strain of Covid-19 now set to wreak havoc in Thailand

webfact

2 minutes ago, Miami007 said:

Seriously..  the wrath of God???

I don't believe in the metaphysics of Christianity, but don't discount the fact that God's wrath may be involved.

Recall that God punished the Babelians for trying to build a tower to heaven to avoid another flood (which, it seems, God thought humans deserved and should be ready to be punished again). To foil their project, God made the tower-to-heaven work force speak in different languages so their project failed.

I think something similar might be going on here. Humans have created the Internet to try to be one big communicating hive and rely on each other instead of God. God's punishment is the development of endless conspiracy theories and rhetorical language that results in ignorant people being jerked around by the nose.

TV family. Its a fact it started in China, point solved. Now were getting the picture, my family is stuck in Thailand and I can not get back for the forseeable future. Stop bickering and isolate, its the only way right now. You should see the chaos in Europe, its <deleted>%&ed

Thailand’s leadership’s incremental response — adding new voluntary measures piece by piece — has been ineffective. Stricter measures are necessary to stifle the outbreak. Enhanced, assertive policies are necessary to control this pandemic. Thailand needs leaders in power  who make decisions anticipating what’s going to happen, not waiting until it’s so obvious (you’re forced) to make a decision.

The high average age and so high numbers of elderly people in Italy would explain the higher death rate.  The same demographic issue will also cause the overloading of the wards.  

And if we look at the many Youtube documentaries from the Italian hospital wards, you can see all the people on the respirators look to be 70+.  

The fatality rate of an illness is not only down the virus itself - demographics, standards of hospital care, culture, climate - all have an impact and you'd think a doctor would know this?

So is this doctor a researcher? I've read a lot of stuff about this and this is the first time I've heard of a deadlier strain in Italy. I've read a lot about the different demographics between Italy and S. Korea for example, but never once did I hear about different strains. Is this just his assumption? Where are the references to the studies that identify a deadlier strain?

• Like 2

X amount of people who attended a sporting event were found to be covid positive , one of which had previously been to Italy.

How on earth can a scientist simply assume that the later is the ' super spreader ' ?

Am I missing something or could he not have picked up the virus at the stadium.

26 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

The high average age and so high numbers of elderly people in Italy would explain the higher death rate.  The same demographic issue will also cause the overloading of the wards.  

And if we look at the many Youtube documentaries from the Italian hospital wards, you can see all the people on the respirators look to be 70+.  

The fatality rate of an illness is not only down the virus itself - demographics, standards of hospital care, culture, climate - all have an impact and you'd think a doctor would know this?

Don't agree the oldest population per capita is in Japan and they had very few

infections compared to the west.

47 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

You seem to have absolutely no clue, do you..I suggest you see the 2 videos in this article https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-they-call-it-the-apocalypse-inside-italys-hardest-hit-hospital-11960597?

9 hours ago, xtof2 said:

They are all farangs, can't you see !

Not good to be an Italian in Thailand these days !

No, actually they are the downtrodden Thai and non-immigrants working like slaves making less than 10 USD a day with zero benefits, being sent home to die. But no worries and rest assured  everything is under control. ???? 

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

there are more than two strains of the virus now. the Italian one is different.

and many comparisons to Italy and Thailand now in terms of potential numbers. 

Coronavirus: Are there two strains and is one more deadly?

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2236544-coronavirus-are-there-two-strains-and-is-one-more-deadly/

9 hours ago, frodo77 said:

This doctor should be jailed for fear-mongering.

Dr Manoon should be asked to prove his alarming prediction or publicly withdraw it. It is not unusual for viruses to mutate, but neither of the two main variations discovered so far appear to justify his claim, and as I write only one infected person has died in Thailand.

To quote from a New Scientist article on the evolution of the COVID-19 virus, "One (strain) is not more deadly than the other". If Dr Manoon believes this situation has changed, let him publish the evidence behind his scary assertion.

Edited by Krataiboy

9 hours ago, newatthis said:

or a Thai coming home from Italy.

Indigenous Thais are too poor to travel out of the country. As there are African Americans, Italian Americans, etc, in the U.S. Why not call them like it is; Chinese-Thai.

9 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

and how the F did it get to Italy?

popped out for a pizza??

anyways.. the fix is in, dirty farang did it, face is saved

I've read reports indicating that the Italian garment industry employs thousands of Chinese in producing garments/fashion.  Many of these Chinese workers returned to Italy from visits home, including Wuhan, which brought and spread the disease to Italy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, aqua4 said:

You think?How about a bus load of super spreaders heading for the rural areas. If there was ever an argument against globalism then this virus must be it.

c1_1884190_200323061023.jpg

Globalism is a term for, in my long standing opinion, for selling out your country to another to 'help' them along.  I wonder how a certain globalism receiver country (a word that has, if one actually states it, it's somehow 'wrong' to 1.whatever billion...in the attempt to remain pc) will help the global problem.  Just glad they are helping the Italian corona issues, while rerouting supplies from the hand that fed it.  Feed and fed are two intirely different terms.  I'd opine further, but it just won't help much....but the future globalism terms and conditions will sure be interesting.  BTW I argued against globalism in my final paper years ago.  I knew it would kill my gpa, but I'm weird like that and thought college was supposed to generate 'open' thought.

stay safe all

3 hours ago, joecoolfrog said:

X amount of people who attended a sporting event were found to be covid positive , one of which had previously been to Italy.

How on earth can a scientist simply assume that the later is the ' super spreader ' ?

Am I missing something or could he not have picked up the virus at the stadium.

To believe this is where all or most of Thailands cases came from should tell you the numbers are lies......then to allow a mass exodus to the north and all borders is another farce.  Talk about super spreaders.....let's be honest for once

12 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

More people in Italy died because more people have it, most unknowingly or unable to get tested

Look at the number of professional footballers there that have had it and what percentage of the population these footballers make up of the country 

That theory is flawed as human relations are often driven by common interest.  So if one has it, many on his own team will get it, and friends of those on other teams will have it ... basically you are using general statistics where it would fail to explain anything since you are not taking into account vectors of potential infection. 

13 minutes ago, Dr Rodrigues Pereira said:

Doctor ??? Where did he get the genoma of the "Italian" virus ??? How far can absurdity go ??? Doctor ??? I thought I had read it all, already ...

I have been trying to find the breakdown in Italy but so far I find no information to speak of.  I think he is doctoring by assumption... based on L type having a higher mortality rate and Italy having a high confirmed mortality rate... he has made the assumption (not taking into account any other criteria) that therefore Italy is primarily l type and if Italy is primarily L type and Italians with COVID-19 came here - they also must have brought the 'L type' here.

Luckily he is just a doctor and not a scientist ????

12 hours ago, wasabi said:

I see a few people are at least protecting their chin with their face mask. As we know the chin is main entry point for transmission.

Those little pointy chins?  I can see that.  Glad I married a gal 40+ years ago with a round face.  Now her belly and butt are round, so those virus particles should just bounce off.

• Haha 2

The real reasons for a dramatic increase in deaths amongst the poorer people is not enough respirators in Public hospitals. Everything else is just an excuse. I just heard that some hospitals won’t allow visitors anymore. My wife cannot visit her sick father as of yesterday due to virus fears. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ParkerN said:

It's been out of control since day 1. Any notion that the government have been in the driving seat with this is a wet-dream pure and simple, and exists only in the minds of those whose ambition to drive the country outstrips their ability do so so - by a very wide margin.

The Prayuth government have failed spectacularly to do any more than look after a very narrow band of interests, and he must now be made to pay an appropriate price to the Thai people.

That's the way it works.

500 baht?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pokerface1 said:

The real reasons for a dramatic increase in deaths amongst the poorer people is not enough respirators in Public hospitals. Everything else is just an excuse. I just heard that some hospitals won’t allow visitors anymore. My wife cannot visit her sick father as of yesterday due to virus fears. 

A hard reality, but not allowing visitors is wise...  you don't want to be in a hospital unless you really really have to... and the health professionals don't want unannounced covid-19 infected people showing up at hospital or emergency unless they require oxygen or ICU.  One unannounced infected person can basically take the entire medical facility offline and in quarantine when it is most needed.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1