U.S. could be next 'virus epicentre', global recession looms

webfact

7 minutes ago, Solinvictus said:

Okay, I respect your view. Not flawed, I told it how it is. Make a counter to it.

Its green cheese again dude. Pigeonholing all Trump "supporters" based on specious assumptions and then saying "ok, disprove it". Yeah thats how the world works these days I reckon.

But here, my friend is a Professor of International Relations.He supports Trump because of Trumps actions towards China ( a view that I share). He wishes Trump would tone down the Tweets but he thinks its funny the way Trump makes folks heads explode.

Is he any worse thatn a Biden supporter who is voting for the Dems to get free stuff? My kid was a Warren fan because that way her student loan would be paid off.

When you look at political support, look at this way; Trump speaks to everybody, he doesnt promise individually. The Dems promise that chicken in every pot to any group that makes enough noise. Taxpayer Abortions for Transgenders? Open Borders? Pay off student Loans? Diversity in Boards? Imposition of blatantly rascist policies? Sieze firearms? Ban fossil fuels? Edd "mass incarceration". The

laundry list goes on.

8 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

That is the thing about those that support the ex-reality TV show star. They don't care about policy. They simply like his image and his rhetoric.

Let me fix it then:

That is the thing about those that oppse the ex-reality TV show star. They don't care about policy. They simply like the promises of free stuff and the hatred of America.

The difference between Trump supports and those that hate him..is the hate.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

But here, my friend is a Professor of International Relations.He supports Trump because of Trumps actions towards China ( a view that I share). He wishes Trump would tone down the Tweets but he thinks its funny the way Trump makes folks heads explode.

Another unconfirmable personal datum. And we should believe this why? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

You mean the crowds chanting "Lock her up"? Who support a guy who just said this upon learning the Mitt Romney tested negative for Covid-19:

“This is really great news! I am so happy I can barely speak. He may have been a terrible presidential candidate and an even worse U.S. Senator, but he is a RINO, and I like him a lot!” 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/25/donald-trump-mitt-romney-coronavirus-test-negative-148069

Because if Trump is about one thing, it's uniting the nation in this time of crisis and not dividing it with petty nasty comments.

Edited by bristolboy
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Its green cheese again dude. Pigeonholing all Trump "supporters" based on specious assumptions and then saying "ok, disprove it". Yeah thats how the world works these days I reckon.

Is he any worse thatn a Biden supporter who is voting for the Dems to get free stuff? My kid was a Warren fan because that way her student loan would be paid off.

When you look at political support, look at this way; Trump speaks to everybody, he doesnt promise individually. The Dems promise that chicken in every pot to any group that makes enough noise. Taxpayer Abortions for Transgenders? Open Borders? Pay off student Loans? Diversity in Boards? Imposition of blatantly rascist policies? Sieze firearms? Ban fossil fuels? Edd "mass incarceration". The

laundry list goes on.

Let me fix it then:

That is the thing about those that oppse the ex-reality TV show star. They don't care about policy. They simply like the promises of free stuff and the hatred of America.

Well honestly what would you say is the main reason folks support him?

You know, about China, I like how Trump is handling it also. About if a Trump supporter is worse than a Biden supporter, well given the situation, I’d vote for Trump too over Biden.

What I would like to do is re-straighten your comments such as ‘free stuff’ and ‘They simply like the promises of free stuff and the hatred of America.’

As opposed to corporate bail-outs and the naïve view that ‘trickle-down economics’ works? Friend, don’t you see they buy more stocks rather than investing in workers. All these jobs are terrible as far as wages and benefits. Do I need to go into the banks? Earbuds? Middle income household salaries the past 40 years?

OF COURSE PEOPLE WANT FREEBIES. THEY ARE DESERVED.

All the while and I already wrote about this here, corporations (which are people) are continued to be bailed out, corporate hand-outs you know, ‘freebies’ as some with twisted views have. Just saying.

I suppose next, you want to white wash the $21 Trillion unaccounted for by the Dept. of Defense.  Need a chaser?

Edited by Solinvictus
Middle income household salaries the past 40 years?
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

laundry list goes on.

Let me fix it then:

Your first paragraph together with your last paragraph are priceless.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont hold the sins of the entire system against the President. 4 years isnt really enough to clean out the swamp.

three points, then we go waaaaaay off topic.

1. Id be happy with getting rid of corp bailouts and corp welfare. Start with dudes like Musk and companies like Solyndra. Corp welfare knows no party.

2. Trickle down economics. Worked great in the past.

3. Buying stock is investing in workers. No workers no business. No business no workers. Both are the same, but one risks more.

Trickle down economics has never worked.

OK it has worked very well for the hyper wealthy, but has not worked for ordinary working people.

• Thanks 2

On 3/25/2020 at 7:24 AM, leeneeds said:

then how do you pay off that debt when the buying power of the dollar has been eroded by fiscal policy of the injection.

the one with the biggest army does not have to pay off debt .   its like the bully at school that

"borrows"  from the little fat boy.    there is no pay back.   and, sorry to disappoint the optimists.

but it just keeps going in one direction :  the rich get richer and the rest ,  screw them !

We are WELL PAST the time when fiscal deficits have any meaning at all.  This is the new world order.  Only thing one can wish for is that in their next life they are born into the elite  ????

46 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

I dont hold the sins of the entire system against the President. 4 years isnt really enough to clean out the swamp.

three points, then we go waaaaaay off topic.

1. Id be happy with getting rid of corp bailouts and corp welfare. Start with dudes like Musk and companies like Solyndra. Corp welfare knows no party.

2. Trickle down economics. Worked great in the past.

3. Buying stock is investing in workers. No workers no business. No business no workers. Both are the same, but one risks more.

We keep hearing  of draining the swamp and yet with every week that went by, it was Trump taking care of cronies, and perverting the course of justice.

Trickle down economics never worked. it did however leave the USA with some of its worst debt and deficits.

Buying stock does not invest in workers. Not now. The stock manipulators and insiders  gain, no one else. Until Trump bungled the  Covid19 crisis, there was a labour shortage in the USA.  Companies needed workers.  Now, Trump has weakened the USA and doomed thousands to horrible deaths and reduced some people to terrified shut ins.

Trump may  have  impressed some people who are so far untouched by the  pandemic, but  it will spread and when it does, his supporters will be hit hard. Just look at Louisiana, Michigan and Florida now.  Texas is next for a  rude awakening.   When ventilators have to be rationed, his religious supporters will have their faith shaken because the Trump pandemic strategy is to abandon the  elderly, the poor, the vulnerable and the  ill. Wait until the senior residences are discovered with rotting corpses as elderly patients were abandoned.

Trump has sown the seeds for the end of the USA as we know it. Russia and China applaud him.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

We keep hearing  of draining the swamp and yet with every week that went by, it was Trump taking care of cronies, and perverting the course of justice.

Naw, thats media propaganda, but you say x and I said y and lets leave it at that, this Trump silliness causes too much diversion from the main topic, which should be here to educate and help, and even while away the time as we sit festering in our hovels.

5 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Trickle down economics never worked

It worked fine for me.

6 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Trump has weakened the USA and doomed thousands to horrible deaths and reduced some people to terrified shut ins.

Yeah all his fault. Got it. Thats what Cuomo is saying too. Terrified shut ins...if Trump is so hypnotic why arent you voting for him. After all, if he can terrify with a word.......

Doomed. Doooooomed. Doooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmed.

See my comment about this silliness above.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Solinvictus said:

Assume he is an ex-reality TV show star? That is a fact... But, okay, I respect your view. Not flawed, I told it how it is. Make a counter to it. Did I mention the such has been talked about for awhile now. Might want to expand your sources for viewing what is going on in the country. Of course some people like his hair too, but hey that's another assumption according to you right?

So why do they support him? I'm dying to know.

Due to finding out some quite astounding information this past evening, I actually appreciate Trump more despite all his poor qualities.

Have you noticed that every time a news story quoting Trump is broadcast now. that the anchor turns to a "fact checker" to tell us what, if anything, he has said, is true? It would be hilarious in a context other than a global pandemic.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Have you noticed that every time a news story quoting Trump is broadcast now. that the anchor turns to a "fact checker" to tell us what, if anything, he has said, is true? It would be hilarious in a context other than a global pandemic.

I havent seen that, what channels?

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

CNN, Al Jazeera. I mostly check CNN though, but not the shows with a host, except for Chris Cuomo.

I think we can predict what Nyezhov's reply will be. Because it's not like even right wingers like Ben Shapiro have criticized Trump for being fact challenged.

• Like 1