PHOTOS: Immigration at Chaeng Wattana heaving with foreigners desperately trying to extend their visas

webfact

1 hour ago, RandolphGB said:

This is why I made a last minute visa run on Saturday. Long queues at CW, paperwork and putting my fate in the hands of a Thai immigration officer were the last things I wanted. 

Instead you spent the best part of a day inside a mini van with several other people. A well thought out plan.

• Like 2

The expected announcement by PM in the near future may include border closures and rules on social distancing to PREVENT the spread.  Hordes at Immigration offices undermines this effort.

The simple solution is to announce that ALL Visas will be valid until a certain date in the future, to be advised in a future announcement.  They can use a fixed date in time or period of days after individual expiry dates.  It doesn't have to be for a long period as long as the arrangement is renewed if circumstances dictate.  Thereafter all who have benefited from this will have a specified period of time to leave the country or approach Immigration for Visa extension.

Anyone who has the contacts to suggest this solution should do so.

• Like 2

Has anyone heard if the Service Centers for the Myanmar, Laos and Cambodian foreigners are still open and available.  My Girlfriend has to do a 90 day report soon, and because of the type of Visa, Non-LA she can not do it on-line.......Normally ques of a 1,000 are there daily, at least at the Lat Prao Central location.   Any info would be helpful...

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Lighten the immigration laws during this emergency, so foreigners here can self isolate or practice social distancing, thus lessening infection rates, or make them gather together in their thousands for hours on end.

from the looks of that photo........ they are a bit too late.   one would not have to yell fire to

cause a stampede,  just let out a loud sneeze .   that should do it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, animalmagic said:

Thereafter all who have benefited from this will have a specified period of time to leave the country or approach Immigration for Visa extension.

Anyone who has the contacts to suggest this solution should do so

Exactly, time for a certain site to grow some.....and make contact!

Live report :

"Just back from CW after getting tourist visa exemption extension. Arrived at 6.45am and got entry number 700! By 8am that was almost double! Thankfully counters opened at 7am again, and I was all done by 11.15am."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Having to deal and chase all kinds of permits and visa in my 30+ years in this country it is apparent that it is not within the powers that be to have compassion or understanding of a dire situations and the sights of suffering foreigners due to circumstances beyond their control  doesn't seems to invoke any special considerations....

Not whilst there is still a chance of baht extraction it would appear????  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Live report :

"Just back from CW after getting tourist visa exemption extension. Arrived at 6.45am and got entry number 700! By 8am that was almost double! Thankfully counters opened at 7am again, and I was all done by 11.15am."

Well that seems impossible but i guess no reason not the believe ????  7am to 11:15am = 255 minutes = 2.75 people per minute (one extension done every 22 seconds). Sure i messed that up somehow ???? I did these calculations when i was waiting there on Friday and had number 636 ???? Arrived 1pm was done 7:30pm.

Did they convert most of the desks to Tourist extentions? Not just the 3-4 K desks?

• Like 1

If you say online reporting is hit and miss why have i only had 1 problem in nearly 3 yrs.Remember you have to use the correct browsers and timing is an important factor+ 1 mistake in your application and it won't work.I have found online very good, and easy..... So i cannot agree with you.

Screenshot from 2020-03-25 14-10-59.png

Edited by stuhan
proof
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Were they not arrested for being part of a large gathering? 

Lighten the immigration laws during this emergency, so foreigners here can self isolate or practice social distancing, thus lessening infection rates, or make them gather together in their thousands for hours on end.

Thailand's decision:

90622955_10159543076383012_4597749017055

Well done Thailand, great decision. :handclap: 

slow  handclap

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Big boss of Immigration came out at one point and seemingly told others to get the people waiting there processed, as from tomorrow it will be closed, this is not confirmed, but certainly the vibe they picked up on.

Huge news if true