PHOTOS: Immigration at Chaeng Wattana heaving with foreigners desperately trying to extend their visas

webfact

Remember there is suppose to be a new announcement later on today with the One month of whatever State of Emergency starting at 00:01 Hours on the 26th......So lets just wait until the good news is given out before everyone keeps up with these possibilities........

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Guderian said:

Why haven't Prayut or Anutin slapped down the Immigration Chief and told him to fix this madness?

and inter alia protect the Government Employees that are exposed, in an I suppose Air Conditioned office space, to such large numbers of people.

2 hours ago, dabhand said:

Why are the Embassies not making protests to the Thai government on this serious matter?

Instead they are merely scuttling around to provide Immigration requested paperwork, rather than firing back at yet another example of completely unnecessary red tape.

Yes, I am looking at you, the British and US Embassy.  Once again you are failing your fellow citizens. 

Firstly you have no idea what is being discussed , do you expect ambassadors to demand action in public ?

Secondly why single out the UK and US embassies , have citizens of other nations been reprieved , are all those in the picture Brits and Yanks ?

• Like 2

No adequate decession made from the government how immigrating should handle this problem in an human way and not keep people like trapped in a cage. Just let people stay another 30 days after visa expires and this is easy to prolongate. Maybe the officers cant count 30 days on expire date????

But yes, make more brainless decisions.  I want people don't forget how they are treated in Thailand and decide to visit in the future countries that are handling their tourist as guests !!!

22 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Just been talking with two colleagues who have returned from CW and their PR interview, they confirmed it was madness, although they said a lot of precautions being taken prior to them being allowed in to the interview room.

Big boss of Immigration came out at one point and seemingly told others to get the people waiting there processed, as from tomorrow it will be closed, this is not confirmed, but certainly the vibe they picked up on.

Closed from tomorrow then what? Everyone else will be on overstay because they can't extend their stay?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Toany said:

please, don't forget that the immigration officers are just doing a very difficult job.  They do not make these stupid rules.  Give them a smile and be nice back to them

actually the few  my Wife  knows thinks the govt is  <deleted> , the  rules at  immigration are <deleted> etc but they know  they can say  nothing or their  job is  gone.......... source  Line messages from them to my Wife

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Just been talking with two colleagues who have returned from CW and their PR interview, they confirmed it was madness, although they said a lot of precautions being taken prior to them being allowed in to the interview room.

Big boss of Immigration came out at one point and seemingly told others to get the people waiting there processed, as from tomorrow it will be closed, this is not confirmed, but certainly the vibe they picked up on.

Wow. I was going to go in tomorrow for my emergency extension. I hope there is someway we can get still get this or that they will make a reasonable allowance for all if us who will still be here no matter our visa or status in the country.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

I confew.....  1 meter apart or 1 millimeter apart?

every time i give the glass  shop an order in mm the Wife  has to translate it to centimetres or they dont get it , 323mm wide must be shown as 32.3cm

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, petedk said:

This place should give amnesty to everyone and close down during the Emergency decree.

2 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Why not just forget about the money and announce an extension for all? The cost of spread will wipe out any revenue gains.

2 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Ugly and seems like yet another wrong decision to have a plague of crowds like this. They should be more easy to their guests under this situation.. 

Have any other countries announced visa amnesties or exemptions for foreigners due to Covid19?  I don't think so, so why would you think that Thailand should be doing it?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Having to deal and chase all kinds of permits and visa in my 30+ years in this country it is apparent that it is not within the powers that be to have compassion or understanding of a dire situations and the sights of suffering foreigners due to circumstances beyond their control  doesn't seems to invoke any special considerations....

Right..totally stupid....It is so unfortunate that Thai officials, and more so those in Immigration, insist that their holier than thou status, be obeyed with no exceptions.

Also most unfortunate, is that the PM and his deputies are equally stupid.

• Haha 1

If this was a photo of Thai people herded together like that in a country outside of Thailand, in a world crisis with governments demanding social distancing, Thai people would be up in arms in outrage - screaming with self-righteousness and indignation that Thais could be treated in this manner.

This image needs to be flashed around the world to highlight the incompetence of Thai officialdom!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Seeker1953 said:

I'm 66 years old, have some medical issues, so I'm kind of high risk.  And my 90 day report's due. Called the US Embassy - absolutely zero help, didn't even have someone I could ask about it. USELESS.
Called Thai Immigration's phone number and the circuit is so busy, it just beeps and hangs up on me. I understand they are overwhelmed, not so upset they don't answer the phone. But sure would be nice to get some help from higher levels of management. Oh well. 

I agree with a previous poster - I'm going to suck up the penalty and not go at all. I refuse to put my life at risk.

Everyone please be careful out there and wash your hands often. 

My 90 days report is also coming up and the online app is not working this time around. I am also inclined to just accept the 2,000 baht fine.

I will try the regular postal service, just so I can say at least I tried.

Let me know how it works out for you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1