First retirement visa

bannork

I am leaving my school after 20 years on April 1st and intend to apply for a retirement visa. I'm wondering if the government is still issuing new retirement visas considering they have closed the country to all foreigners bar those with work permits. 

In an answer to my query on another thread, Joe said the barring of entry to Thailand for all foreigners except for those with work permits would have no effect on issuing/ renewing retirement visas for those already in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Kenegg said:

I got my my first retirement visa extension in Khon Kaen yesterday. 26/03/2020

That's encouraging news. Mine expires on 28 May, I might just get it renewed early just in case things change yet again.

5 hours ago, Hubble said:

That's encouraging news. Mine expires on 28 May, I might just get it renewed early just in case things change yet again.

I have just returned from CW with my Visa extended for 14 months (still 2 to run) including multi-entry. Reason was I didn't want to hot foot out of here only to find I could not return until after my Extension expired (currently no foreigners of any kind allowed in). It cost a bit more I think, but in effect I managed to renew both about 8 weeks early. Total time in CW about 3.5 hours but I used my trusty Advisor to work his magic.

For anyone with the same worries I would get down there soonest. It is actually quiet at the moment because certain Visas have been relocated to another building. Do take a face mask though. A huge weight of my shoulders. I no longer feel trapped!

I am currently in OZ - have a Multiple Entry (Retirement) Visa which expires in July - what will happen, if any Inbound to Thailand is still closed by that time? .... and I can't get to the Immigration Office for the annual renewal?

Will I just have to do a New Visa, whenever the travel Ban finally will expire?

Edited by Awinkl