Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thai immigration tells expats to do 90 day reports online or by post

6 minutes ago, fourpack said:

If Khon Kaen do it on line works for me online for khon kaen

Basically yes. But I and the mate are among those who can't because of new passport while staying in Thailand. Thai IT at it's best.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Basically yes. But I and the mate are among those who can't because of new passport while staying in Thailand. Thai IT at it's best.

@KhunBENQ: I was in the same situation as you for a couple of years before I finally bit the bullet and did an unwanted border bounce with my new passport to try to get back into the online reporting system. Luckily it worked.

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 11:56 PM, EvilDead said:

I just tried Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. It won't direct me to the next page page.

Not overly impressed I must say.

image.png.39e3a7d20290977522e9b208082ac61b.png

We got the same message yesterday when we tried to do my 90 day report online. However, my son soon realized that if you make a mistake on your application it won't tell you what your mistake was, it will simply display the above message. Our mistake was in writing in the letter "O" where we should have written in a zero. So, we tried again today and as of this writing my 90 day online report is pending. 

• Like 1

Sent a 90 day report by EMS to CW, it arrived there on 20th March, still no response back. The due date was April 3.

What to do if we don't get it back by the 10th of April? Just hope that our EMS receipt is sufficient, and suck it up and pay the fine next time if the 90 day receipt never comes back by mail? I'm expecting processing times at CW to be slower than usual at the moment...

6 minutes ago, sussex said:

Just hope that our EMS receipt is sufficient, and suck it up and pay the fine next time if the 90 day receipt never comes back by mail?

Print out the tracking for the EMS for proof it was received and you will not be fined. Immigration states that you should wait for 30 days before contacting them if you do not get the receipt.

Often the problem is delivery of receipt. 

• Like 1

Thanks Ubon Joe for the tip. Let's hope it comes back within 30 days. I'm guessing contacting them by phone won't get us far after that, but the last thing we want to do is hang out in a huge crowd at CW at the moment.

I’ve tried the “Immigration Service” application from my iPhone and iPad and the system says there is no Immigration file / data connected to may data / name / passport Etc. That was a bit worrying until I did my 90 day reporting today at Chiangmai Immigration using the “Drive Thru” . . . . A painless experience from the comfort of my air conditioned truck   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

I’ve tried the “Immigration Service” application from my iPhone and iPad and the system says there is no Immigration file / data connected to may data / name / passport Etc. That was a bit worrying until I did my 90 day reporting today at Chiangmai Immigration using the “Drive Thru” . . . . A painless experience from the comfort of my air conditioned truck   

Now that you are 'in the system' you can do your subsequent 90-day reports on-line.  An even more painless experience doing it from the comfort of your home.

27 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Now that you are 'in the system' you can do your subsequent 90-day reports on-line. 

I doubt that very much. Nothing you do at immigration office will create a record if you do not have one in the database. The only way to get a record created is to leave and re-enter the country.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I doubt that very much. Nothing you do at immigration office will create a record if you do not have one in the database. The only way to get a record created is to leave and re-enter the country.

Yes that is indeed correct.  With a new passport or never having left Thailand in many years, the required data will not be in the system and hence you won't be able to do your 90-day report on-line.   

9 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

The app is an even bigger train wreck than the desktop site, if that's possible.

When I log in, I get a message indicating that my visa expired in 2019.

Meanwhile, here in the real world, my current permission to stay stamp is good until 1/2021, and my visa (PE) is good for another four years.

Re: the website: No matter how many times I leave and re-enter the country, and no matter how many 90 day reports the Thailand Elite reps submit at CW on my behalf, I'm never able to make it past page one.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fusion58 said:

Re: the website: No matter how many times I leave and re-enter the country, and no matter how many 90 day reports the Thailand Elite reps submit at CW on my behalf, I'm never able to make it past page one.

Did you try scrolling the center window with the Terms&Conditions text to the very bottom, and then click the '*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions and agree to accept them' button?

It's only after having done the above, that clicking the 'Accept' button will open next page on the website.

Edited by Peter Denis

23 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Did you try scrolling the center window with the Terms&Conditions text to the very bottom, and then click the '*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions and agree to accept them' button?

It's only after having done the above, that clicking the 'Accept' button will open next page on the website.

Bingo ! That is the number one trip up for new players. Also if you are using a Mac there is a process you need to go through to get the web browser to work that is described in the official 90 day reporting thread

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Yes.

I'm not new to the online reporting system.

I used the system (with a ~90% success rate) from the time it was first created until about a year ago.

The problem is that I haven't been able to use the system since I changed visa types (from retirement extension to TE.)

This in spite of the fact that I (a) have the same passport, (b) have left and re-entered the country several times, and (c) the TE reps have submitted two 90 day reports at CW on my behalf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't understand.  If annually you have to file a new retirement extension with your new passport  and you never left the country how are you not in their data base with the new passport to get the visa extension?

Doesn't Immigration update their database since you have to transfer your Visa from the old passport to the new passport?

So, the 90 day reporting online should have all updated information.

Edited by marvin1950
additional

7 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

I don't understand.  If annually you have to file a new retirement extension with your new passport  and you never left the country how are you not in their data base with the new passport to get the visa extension?

Because the database the system is checks is created from entries to the country not the database immigration offices use.

I have no record in the database because my last entry to the country was before 2013 when the database was set up. Also a new passport since then.

• Like 1

Same here. Which means if I know my old passport number then I can use the current reporting system?

Doesn't make sense. There should be one database with all current iformation.

So if I enter my old passport number when i  entered the country in 2012 all should be good and the system will not reject my submission.

Edited by marvin1950
additional

21 hours ago, ozbanglamung said:

Bingo ! That is the number one trip up for new players. Also if you are using a Mac there is a process you need to go through to get the web browser to work that is described in the official 90 day reporting thread

I use a Mac and an iPad. I use Safari. I do not do anything, other than have an up to date (or nearly) system.

The only action I have taken is first to use This link or This link

Also that if page 2 comes up blank I then hit the refresh button and when the “do you want to sen this form again” warning comes up I click yes/submit 

YMMV

Facts:

I entered Thailand in 2012 with my old passport.

I have never left the country.

I got a new passport in 2013.

Immigration transferred my 2012 Visa to my new passport.

I always did my 90 day reporting and retirement extensions in person.

If I dò my current 90 day reporting online, should I input my old passport number based on my 2012 arrival or my current passport that I got in 2013 and used for my subsequent 90 day reportings and yearly Visa extensions?

PS: I have to report by May 16 or online no later than May 9.

The new Visa waivers are only good till April 30.

Thank you

6 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

I entered Thailand in 2012 with my old passport.

I have never left the country.

I got a new passport in 2013.

I suspect you will be one unable to use the online 90 day reporting system However, nothing is lost by giving it a try.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

If I dò my current 90 day reporting online, should I input my old passport number based on my 2012 arrival or my current passport that I got in 2013 and used for my subsequent 90 day reportings and yearly Visa extensions?

PS: I have to report by May 16 or online no later than May 9.

You will not be able to online reporting until you leave and re-enter the country. You will not have record from you last entry since it was before 2013 and a new passport since then.

You will not need to do a 90 day report next month.

10 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

The new Visa waivers are only good till April 30.

That will be extended until the emergency is over every month.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

Extended until the emergency is over, I hope so.  The government did state the waiver is as of now only extended until April 30.

Does anyone know what happens on 30 April. or 31 May (if extended) re: 90-day reports?

Will everyone have to report by 1 May? 1 June? Some time period after?

Can 90-day reports be filed during the "extension" period? By post, online, in person? Will they be processed? Or does everyone have to wait?

18 minutes ago, marvin1950 said:

Ubonjoe are you hoping or know something else?

This what it says.

"Aliens are advised to follow announcements regarding Immigration measures closely for updates. (Currently measures announced until 30 April 2020 or further updates)

That is date the the current emergency decree ends. I will be extended until the emergency is over.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:45 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

There can be various reasons, AFAIK, why the online reporting system doesn't work for various people...

1. Your local Immigration office isn't accepting online reports period.

2. You have not done a new foreign entry into Thailand in recent years.

3. You have a new passport number that hasn't been previously reported.

4. there's some problem with your browser/computer setup...

The online system works, UNLESS you happen to fall into one of the various holes.

Or (5) it's a <deleted> application poorly coded and maintained.

A trouble-shooting guide when encountering problems trying to do your 90-day reporting on-line.

= = = = =

Link to access the 90-day on-line reporting site:

> https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do
The website also allows you to download a very comprehensive Guideline document on how to file your 90-day report on-line.  The Guideline is mostly in thai (with some english pages too) and contains screen-shots of all the steps and possible options.  But actually you do not need it, as the website - in contrast with the TM30 one - is really easy to use.

The link for the mobile app is here:

> https://www.immigration.go.th/content/tm47_mobile_service

You can also file your 90-day reports by mail.

> https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

Use the address of you local immigration office if not in Bangkok.

= = = = =

TROUBLE-SHOOTING
> Stuck at Opening Page

You have to scroll the center window with the Terms&Conditions text to the very bottom, and then click the '*I have read and fully understand the above terms and conditions and agree to accept them' button.

> Error-message

There are several possible reasons why the error message --For further information regarding The 90 days report service, please contact the immigration branch office in your residence area-- might appear:

0 - There are some local Immigration Offices that do not accept 90-day reports on-line > check with your local IO or enquire on the Forum

1 - You have not left Thailand for years, and so your old TM-6 arrival/departure card is not in the IO system;

2 - You have a new passport and did not re-enter Thailand since you have that new passport;

3 - You are inputting incorrect data (check O-0 and I-i) or inputted manually where an input from a drop-down box is indicated (e.g. the date of arrival needs to be inputted using the drop-down calendar box);

4 - Your browser or configuration is not fit for the 'picky' IO-software > try using a different browser or doing the report on a different PC (e.g. from a friend or an internet store);

5 - Your internet-address is not recognized (e.g. and AOL.com address) > if so use another e-mail address, e.g. a gmail-account;

6 - The IO servers are too busy on the moment you want to access/upload  > try again later.

7 - You are using a Mac-computer, and so you need to set-up the web browser to work, the process is described in the official User Guide for Notification 90 day (which can be downloaded from the opening page of the 90-day website)

And of course

8 - The notification has to be done in the period from 15 days BEFORE the 90-day report due date till the actual due date.
> Otherwise you will get the 'Visit your immigration office' message.
It's recommended to mark that period in your calendar for your next 90-day report, as it will save you a trip to IO (in case you are too late, there is a 7-day 'grace' period after the due date for reporting in person at your local IO).