Thailand announces 109 new COVID-19 cases, total cases now 1,245

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, Eibot said:

According to statistics 17% of people with severe symptoms die. So that would mean that around 4700 people should be on the ICU. 

Good luck blending 4700 critical people in your health system ???? 

The hospitals are not any busier now than during any time off year. 

With 1300 hospitals able to deal with the tens of thousands of road deaths and the seriously injured along with the smoking related diseases and the thousands of normal flu cases each year and the reast I believe that could be accomplished as Thailand has a massive health system.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

17 minutes ago, Eibot said:

According to statistics 17% of people with severe symptoms die.

According to other data a very small percentage of people experience 'severe symptoms' so with your 17% of those you're looking at a fraction of 1%.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

If I was the Thai  Government I would still be setting up special places (as I said Muang Thong Thani Centre as a virus hospital) & keep some of the major hospitals free of it).

If not needed ,,,,,Yippee Doo

This was a major mistake the the Italian Health Minister made swamping the hospitals with the virus. (self admitted.)

Even England has learned about this mistake (if not belatedly) & is using Convention Centres Etc

as the Corona Virus Centres & turning patients away from the regular hospitals.

LISTEN to me Thailand

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mazungu said:

According to this chart coronavirus doesn't like hot weather...let's hope that continues. 

Try this chart instead, from yesterday's daily CV report by the Thai Dept. of Disease Control:

--7353 "patients under investigation" currently admitted to Thai hospitals with COVID type symptoms.  One month ago exactly, that number was 712. Two months ago, that number was 40.

--6719 of those patients, this group probably mostly included in the above group, still waiting for test results to confirm whether or not they have the CV.  Two months ago, this backlog number was 54.

2120422842_2020-03-2819_12_19.jpg.ed2515a55e6be449e33f26faace22dc9.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no84-270363.pdf

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This remains an incredibly low number, considering the millions of Chinese people who were crowded about in Thailand in January. And if those people were infected, and mixing with the general population, and if we were going to see an explosion in cases,

I'm not sure to what extent they did mix. Usually they're in their own group/bubble and don't interact with the locals much. That might explain the illogically low number of 'victims'.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This remains an incredibly low number, considering the millions of Chinese people who were crowded about in Thailand in January. And if those people were infected, and mixing with the general population, and if we were going to see an explosion in cases, like alot of fear mongering officials are saying, it would have happened already. Sorry to disappoint. But, it will not grow to alarming numbers here. I anticipate it leveling off at 5,000 cases or less. Granted, I could be wrong. This is simply my personal estimate, partly based on some evidence that heat seems to decimate this virus, and the fact that it seems to thrive in temperatures of 35-67 degrees F. There is some science to back up this assertion. If this was going to become an alarming situation, it would have happened already. 100 new cases a day is nothing. We are seeing 10,000 plus in the US.

we do not live in the US

“Underlying conditions” “Prior health complications” and “comorbidities” is code for “you will die from this and we will downplay it by blaming something else”.

Mark my <deleted>’ing words.

Edited by metisdead
8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.

7 hours ago, 473geo said:

Well lets see now.......if a virus spread cannot be contained, and is rising at a rate that could be alarming, what would be the best way to give the impression a government was in full control, while the prevention methods suggest paddling like fleeing duck?

Just imagine  Goverments , stating the truth .

The virus is , out of control ..

Edited by elliss

4 hours ago, AussieinThaiJim said:

Thailand has a restricted criteria for testing! Only those who test positive are recorded.

i guess there are many who like Boris Johnson have a temperature and sore throat but are not tested and are hopefully isolating?

Time will tell, let’s all stay the f...k home and see in the coming weeks!

Let’s see, how many MPs in the UK have tested positive, I make it 5 out of 650.  If the UK had (and it may well have) the same number in the general population it would have half a million cases not 14,579.

Are MPs more likely to catch it or more likely to be tested?  I think we know the answer to that.

The likes of Neil Ferguson at Imperial College need to pay for dearly for ruining so many peoples livelihoods.

imperial college have form for bad forecasts, their predictions for SARS, swine flu and MERS were way off.

We'll see who is right soon enough and my money is on Sweden.

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

With 1300 hospitals able to deal with the tens of thousands of road deaths and the seriously injured along with the smoking related diseases and the thousands of normal flu cases each year and the reast I believe that could be accomplished as Thailand has a massive health system.

Right. So essentially your saying that Thailands health system is doing so well, we don't even know the difference. While Spain, Italian and US health systems are under such immense pressure they have to choose who to save and who to die.

1) Thailand has such a amazing health care system, they can hide the outbreak.

2) my point; the outbreak isn't merely as bad in Thailand due to the climate, therefore we don't see it.

I mean ...

7 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The US is testing thousands every day, hence the numbers. I’d guess that Thailand is not. I’d also guess that Thailand is not revealing the correct numbers and that deaths are being misdiagnosed. My guess is that your 5,000 cases is already here.

Thailand reports 109 new coronavirus cases and one death

breaking news banner V2.png

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported 109 new coronavirus cases and one death, bringing the total to 1,245 infections and 6 deaths, the spokesman of the government's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Saturday.

The latest death is of a patient with some prior health complication, Taweesin Wisanuyothin, the CCSA spokesman said.

Okay and here we go ....... from the stats given above (if they are true) than we have a 0.48 mortality rate of all those tested.   <deleted> get a grip everybody.  imagine if this was a more virulent disease like, say, smallpox, cholera, typhus, or something even more consequential regarding our viability.

personally i have a hard time believing a lot of this sh*ite.

Ask yourselves this question....... Do you know anybody who has contracted this virus? Personally..  Not a friend of a friend or 4th hand info.  You personally.  Because there is something much more evil than a virus going on here and as yet nobody has seen it.  In the end it is all going to end in your slavery, and if you don't wake up soon that is where it is heading........

The Thai government on Friday ordered the closing down of more public facilities and businesses to curb the spread of coronavirus, and has extended existing closures until the end of April.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This remains an incredibly low number, considering the millions of Chinese people who were crowded about in Thailand in January. And if those people were infected, and mixing with the general population, and if we were going to see an explosion in cases, like alot of fear mongering officials are saying, it would have happened already. Sorry to disappoint. But, it will not grow to alarming numbers here. I anticipate it leveling off at 5,000 cases or less. Granted, I could be wrong. This is simply my personal estimate, partly based on some evidence that heat seems to decimate this virus, and the fact that it seems to thrive in temperatures of 35-67 degrees F. There is some science to back up this assertion. If this was going to become an alarming situation, it would have happened already. 100 new cases a day is nothing. We are seeing 10,000 plus in the US.

No testing, no cases. Very simple actually. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

According to other data a very small percentage of people experience 'severe symptoms' so with your 17% of those you're looking at a fraction of 1%.

Correct! Probably way below one procent if we know all the cases.

9 hours ago, Guderian said:

Kind of suspicious that it's been hovering around the hundred new cases mark every day for the last four or five days.

Still, a lot better than doubling every two or three days, thank Buddha.

Im sorry but I dont believe a word of it. The corona virus is very infectious and Thailand were reporting early cases a while ago. the growth rate only accelerates, it is never static, it doesnt make sense for it to be static. everyone should know the truth, this is not a joke and people need to come first right now. 

2 minutes ago, Eibot said:

Right. So essentially your saying that Thailands health system is doing so well, we don't even know the difference. While Spain, Italian and US health systems are under such immense pressure they have to choose who to save and who to die.

1) Thailand has such a amazing health care system, they can hide the outbreak.

2) my point; the outbreak isn't merely as bad in Thailand due to the climate, therefore we don't see it.

I mean ...

No I'm saying that Thailand's health system in very large I've not said it's "amazing" or "doing so well" they are your words not mine.

Do you know that Thailand is not also making decisions on who lives or dies in this outbreak?I don't.They maybe doing that already who knows?It's a different system here and they do things their way which is often contrary to the way things are done in the west as you will have noticed.I accept that you think Thailand's numbers are low due to the weather,I happen to think the low numbers are due to they way they are handling the numbers and their testing regime.I also think that the current shutdown measures to "save lives" should be scrapped or applied to the flu to avoid being hypocritical.

12 minutes ago, Frotting said:

Thailand reports 109 new coronavirus cases and one death

breaking news banner V2.png

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported 109 new coronavirus cases and one death, bringing the total to 1,245 infections and 6 deaths, the spokesman of the government's Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Saturday.

The latest death is of a patient with some prior health complication, Taweesin Wisanuyothin, the CCSA spokesman said.

Okay and here we go ....... from the stats given above (if they are true) than we have a 0.48 mortality rate of all those tested.   <deleted> get a grip everybody.  imagine if this was a more virulent disease like, say, smallpox, cholera, typhus, or something even more consequential regarding our viability.

personally i have a hard time believing a lot of this sh*ite.

Ask yourselves this question....... Do you know anybody who has contracted this virus? Personally..  Not a friend of a friend or 4th hand info.  You personally.  Because there is something much more evil than a virus going on here and as yet nobody has seen it.  In the end it is all going to end in your slavery, and if you don't wake up soon that is where it is heading........

The Thai government on Friday ordered the closing down of more public facilities and businesses to curb the spread of coronavirus, and has extended existing closures until the end of April.

In the Netherlands two if my friends and my colleague has it. Don't underestimate this virus. It can hit pretty hard but should be fine for most. You seem to be implying some tin head conspiracy. Please don't go there. Stick to aliens on the dark side of the moon or something.

4 minutes ago, GAZZPA said:

Im sorry but I dont believe a word of it. The corona virus is very infectious and Thailand were reporting early cases a while ago. the growth rate only accelerates, it is never static, it doesnt make sense for it to be static. everyone should know the truth, this is not a joke and people need to come first right now. 

The whole point is that it doesn't seem to accelerate in warmer climates.

3 minutes ago, Eibot said:

The whole point is that it doesn't seem to accelerate in warmer climates.

One of Thailand's leading experts says the number of cases may double to 2000 in three days according to this story.

Edited by FarFlungFalang

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

No I'm saying that Thailand's health system in very large I've not said it's "amazing" or "doing so well" they are your words not mine.

Do you know that Thailand is not also making decisions on who lives or dies in this outbreak?I don't.They maybe doing that already who knows?It's a different system here and they do things their way which is often contrary to the way things are done in the west as you will have noticed.I accept that you think Thailand's numbers are low due to the weather,I happen to think the low numbers are due to they way they are handling the numbers and their testing regime.I also think that the current shutdown measures to "save lives" should be scrapped or applied to the flu to avoid being hypocritical.

So instead of saying the outbreak is low, you say the healthcare system is so big we don't see it? Comon.

Only a very small% of the people die. The problem with this virus is the strain it puts in the health systems. In other words, a lot of people needing care at the same time, in other words full hospitals. You can't hide that in 2020 with social media. 

1 minute ago, FarFlungFalang said:

One of Thailand's leading experts says the number of cases may double to 2000 in three days according to this story.

And in colder climates the hospitalisation rate doubles every 3 days (just the hospitalisation rate not confirmed cases). I 2000 cases is absolutely peanuts, and I think it's an accurate prediction for a virus that's spread linear.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

We are seeing 10K plus, because they are testing tens of thousands each day. Thailand tests how many ? Wife and I left in February. We went to Bangkok Hospital in Chiangmai to get tested, thought everything was fine, until we found out we were tested, but it wasn't for the coro-19. Charged for it, just not that test. Of course they explain this to you with a straight face. Thai logic will get you killed. The total lack of common sense and basic hygiene in the country is staggering. Last 4 years were a dream come true, but dealing with this in a country where you are viewed as nothing but a walking ATM, isn't something I'm willing to put my family at risk for.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Eibot said:

That's why I used death instead of positive tested cases. I believe that there is alot less testing in undeveloped countries, but cold countries have x50 more deaths. 

I don't believe it's logical that warmer countries (including the likes of AUS) are collectively under reporting deaths. The difference in cases and deaths is enormous. We all know it has to do with the climate but governments don't want to take the risk. 

It won't blow up here. Or else it would have happened in January already.

Malaysia.