Thailand's tourist haven Pattaya devastated as coronavirus hits travel

webfact

1 hour ago, Melbun said:

On 3/30/2020 at 1:11 PM, Boomer6969 said:

Isn't COVID a golden opportunity to rethink this place 100%? They should hire consultants from Korea or Singapore to come up with some plan plan as no-one in Thailand has the brain, nor backbone, for that sort of achievement.

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHat ?? Go jump.

Singapore is a police state and Korea is starting to embrace feminism. Oh charming great idea Boomer 6969 to infect Thailand with that way of life.

Feminism, my god, I did not realise things had got that bad. But, look on the bright side, many more Korean tourists for Pattaya when things settle down again. …………..Mmmmm financially good, but more Koreans?????

On 3/30/2020 at 1:42 PM, joecoolfrog said:

Better for who ?

Not the girls who service them or the establishments that provide them with a bed , food and drink.

Better for Thailand's image , well given that 90% of the sex trade is driven by domestic consumption , well not that either.

If Pattaya , Nana , Soi Cowboy , Patpong , Bangla Rd all ceased to exist , there would still be thousands of massage parlours , Karaoke bars etc offering sexual services.

If you dont like the concept , why choose to live in Thailand , prostitution has been part of the culture for centuries.

Why of course it must be the weather & cuisine!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MiKT said:

what a load of knee jerk twaddle.

Do you really believe that the sex scene in Thailand is sustained by a few thousand expats?

Its all the Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Singaporean, Malaysian, Australian, French, German, Russian, etc, etc, etc tourists that sustain it, not expats.

Anyway, the real sex scene in Pattaya is for the locals and is much bigger than Wanking street. Nobody is going to shut that down.

I made no mention of the sex scene in Thailand, this thread is about Pattaya. 
Most people associate the sex scene in Pattaya with WS, soi 6, Beach Rd etc. And the sex scene for locals do not cater to the farang sexpats going to Pattaya. I will be very happy to see WS etc shut down. 

1 hour ago, morrobay said:

Forget trying any facts with these trolls oozing out of the woodworks. Soon as this bs-virus is weakend to a normal type flu, and it will evolve to that for it's own survival. The economy of Pattaya shall comeback with the flood of girls. And the trolls who have problems with that can leave. 

In which side street did you purchase that crystal ball? I suggest you ask for a refund lol. And why should I leave?

35 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I made no mention of the sex scene in Thailand, this thread is about Pattaya. 
Most people associate the sex scene in Pattaya with WS, soi 6, Beach Rd etc. And the sex scene for locals do not cater to the farang sexpats going to Pattaya. I will be very happy to see WS etc shut down. 

In which side street did you purchase that crystal ball? I suggest you ask for a refund lol. And why should I leave?

Thailand, Pattaya, please work on your English comprehension - Sorry if you think the sex scene for locals does not cater for farang expats - money counts whatever your colour and origin...………..of course this is all alleged, second hand information, I know nothing of these things personally, 555 555 555

But why would you be happy to shut down Walking street? It is located right by the sea and surely does not intrude on your domain.

Do you have a problem with other people having sex?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Which is why I'll never own a "smart" phone. Do people actually realise that they track everything and send all the information to Big Brother?

Even if you do not own a smart phone, they still know which tower your "dumb phone" is connected to.

If you want to go off the grid, give up ALL technology, including your ATM card. 

6 hours ago, Leaver said:

Even if you do not own a smart phone, they still know which tower your "dumb phone" is connected to.

If you want to go off the grid, give up ALL technology, including your ATM card. 

Yep, and unless you disguise yourself - facial recognition is being extensively used. Mongers are nothing compared to the perverted governments prying into peoples lives. And can you imaging if cash was eliminated. How do you secretly carry out ahem 'transactions of the heart' ??

1 hour ago, Leaver said:

Cryptocurrency. 

Big brother and governments are getting their hooks into this. No !! the answer is don't ever allow banks and governments to seduce you into using plastic exclusively. Cash is king. Don't ever let it stop being king.

• Thanks 2

On 4/4/2020 at 2:33 AM, Leaver said:

I do know that they can track me through the towers, but they don't know anything about me like they would if I was on a smart phone and used it for everything like people do.

I don't use ATMs and only use cash.

It's a bit of a bother now because the pharmacy only uses EFPOS, but I should not need to buy anything from them and the supermarket is taking real money.

I wonder what the AI that is reading all our chattering on TVF makes of me? Hopefully it's confused. It knows where I am because it sells the information to advertisers and some have where I live on them, but I will never click on them, so they wasted their money.

18 hours ago, Melbun said:

Yep, and unless you disguise yourself - facial recognition is being extensively used. Mongers are nothing compared to the perverted governments prying into peoples lives. And can you imaging if cash was eliminated. How do you secretly carry out ahem 'transactions of the heart' ??

I do pity people in the future. Big Brother is here and one doesn't have to stand in front of the bathroom  mirror. It's going to be so bad I won't be sorry to die.

On 4/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, Gweiloman said:

And the sex scene for locals do not cater to the farang sexpats going to Pattaya.

LOL. Do you actually know much about it? Several places that are predominately for Thais, but cater for  farangs as well.

As long as one can pay, money is colour blind.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

What happens when the internet goes down and your paywave etc won't work?

You jest.

The world's largest democracy.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/08/india-withdraws-500-1000-rupee-notes-fight-corruption

Entirely possible in western countries.  Just a matter of time.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3437590/Banks-urged-ban-50-notes-bid-end-cash-hand-culture-help-recoup-billions-tax-Treasury.html

Edited by Leaver

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Of course the governments want to create the cashless society as it will give them total control over us. Our job is to make it as hard as possible to do so.

Do you want to be 100% in the power of faceless bureaucrats like in China?

Perhaps they'll just go full on and have a device implanted in us that explodes if we do something they don't like. I'm sure some bureaucrats have wet dreams about having that sort of power.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I do know that they can track me through the towers,

Your location.

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

but they don't know anything about me

Registered sim card. 

Name, DOB, address, ID card / Passport number, that means a photo also, and for expats, that now means fingerprints. 

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

like they would if I was on a smart phone

But you call or text a friend on a smart phone, now they have them, and through them, can get your email, Facebook etc.

Maybe that call or text arranged a meeting.  Now they can listen in by turning on your friend's smart phone microphone during the meeting.

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't use ATMs and only use cash.

Great, but your withdrawals are recorded, along with CCTV of you withdrawing, fingerprints on the slip, and your signature for handwriting analysis, as well as DNA on the paper.

The above is just the start.  There's more. 

And all of this, and more, from a call or a text, from a "dumb phone."  ????

20 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Your location.

Registered sim card. 

Name, DOB, address, ID card / Passport number, that means a photo also, and for expats, that now means fingerprints. 

But you call or text a friend on a smart phone, now they have them, and through them, can get your email, Facebook etc.

Maybe that call or text arranged a meeting.  Now they can listen in by turning on your friend's smart phone microphone during the meeting.

Great, but your withdrawals are recorded, along with CCTV of you withdrawing, fingerprints on the slip, and your signature for handwriting analysis, as well as DNA on the paper.

The above is just the start.  There's more. 

And all of this, and more, from a call or a text, from a "dumb phone."  ????

I certainly don't use the spy service of facebook on anything.

They can read my e mails if they want, but very boring.

Don't do meetings now I'm retired.

Don't use ATMs. The bank knows so the government knows, but as long as I can use cash they don't know everything I buy.

There are several billion electronic messages every day, So long as they have no reason to want to track me they will not be flagging up my few contributions. Even my posts on here will probably go unseen by human eyes in the security services of the world.

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

There are several billion electronic messages every day, So long as they have no reason to want to track me they will not be flagging up my few contributions. Even my posts on here will probably go unseen by human eyes in the security services of the world.

True, but not the point, is it?

Edward Snoden blew the whistle on mass surveillance.  No one gave that power to governments.   The governments just did it.   

The 5 eyes became the 9 eyes, and the 9 eyes became the 14 eyes.

6 minutes ago, Leaver said:

True, but not the point, is it?

Edward Snoden blew the whistle on mass surveillance.  No one gave that power to governments.   The governments just did it.   

The 5 eyes became the 9 eyes, and the 9 eyes became the 14 eyes.

I agree 100%, but there is nothing I can do about it so I'm not stressing- just using real money and not buying a smart phone, going on facebook etc.

Remember that saying about accepting the things we can't do anything about etc?

31 minutes ago, Leaver said:

The governments just did it.

While the masses were preoccupied deciding what sex they were, how to pay off their debts, were they "woke" etc how to fulfil their true potential! while the media continued with their mandate to divide, so they could continue to rule, they have certainly upped the stakes in recent weeks! 

7 hours ago, Leaver said:

What happens when they recall all of it, and stop printing it?  ????

Revolt before it happens. Do what you have to. Make sure you keep using cash daily. Spread the word. Use you head and don't accept passively like a little obedient minion.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MRTELLYOUSTRAIGHT said:

It appears some of our members are suffering from cabin fever whilst watching re-runs of Octopusy and the Spy Who Loved Me. ????

You may scoff - but be careful, because if you are in denial about big brother wanting total control - you most definitely will get caught with your pants down and get turned over.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Melbun said:

Cash is king. Don't ever let it stop being king.

Yeah great, supermarkets in some countries not accepting cash. Touch-less card payment the way to go at the moment!

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yeah great, supermarkets in some countries not accepting cash. Touch-less card payment the way to go at the moment!

Then don't go there. Choose a different supermarket. Scream, protest, get on the media, tell your friends, change to a political party that force supermarkets to accept legal tender (aka money). Write to the supermarkets and tell them to <deleted> off and you are taking your patronage elsewhere. Get out on the streets and burn your bra ???? - Don't be a sheep and be led by the nose. Once there is no cash - governments and banks, courts and umpteen organisations can stop your account with the press of a button or pilfer from your account.